• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.
are the photos shown in that local coverage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBJ4IBgjA4) the same ones that fox news is talking about? just wondering if this is confirmed or not

Allegedly those are the ones being distributed. The descriptions match and the annotation on the photo from Houston seems unique (I'm mobile now but on Reddit they indicate that law enforcement added the call outs in the photo. There might even be a new angle among the ones shown.

Assuming they end up being the POI the Lord & Taylor camera is the smoking gun and these shots link the two suspects while establishing a timeline and providing a crystal clear shot for identification.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Has anyone considered these are two different guys? I believe that is the first shot of backpack guy from the front, with his backpack on and he is wearing different clothes. Could've taken off the hoody, obviously

I believe the uncropped second photo shows his friend in the blue jacket next to him.

Dany

Banned
nbcnews says that they have two persons of interests in custody. Are these the same peoplethat gaf has been obsessing over the last few pages?

MIMIC

Banned
Are those the same photos that the FBI has?

CNN says that they have them but are withholding them until law enforcement gives them the go ahead to show them.

sangreal

I believe the uncropped second photo shows his friend in the blue jacket next to him.

they don't come from the same set, but they're from the same news report

that's a screengrab from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBJ4IBgjA4

here's the shot uncropped:
at1Qfq4.png

Yes it does, I know. The photos with the backpack and without are from different sets though. I'm wondering if it is possible the guy just talked to 2 different people in white hats. Would be a coincidence, but not a particularly huge one

nbcnews says that they have two persons of interests in custody. Are these the same peoplethat gaf has been obsessing over the last few pages?

Sounding like it. I hope they have video footage of them putting bags down, otherwise it's bad putting them out there like this.

rar

Has anyone considered these are two different guys? I believe that is the first shot of backpack guy from the front, with his backpack on and he is wearing different clothes than his no-backpack form. Could've taken off the hoody, obviously

The backpack and no-backpack photos don't come from the same set

they don't come from the same set, but they're from the same news report

that's a screengrab from this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWBJ4IBgjA4

here's the shot uncropped:
at1Qfq4.png

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Has anyone considered these are two different guys? I believe that is the first shot of backpack guy from the front, with his backpack on and he is wearing different clothes than his no-backpack form. Could've taken off the hoody, obviously

The backpack and no-backpack photos don't come from the same set

Same guy. He has his bag in that picture.

Putting the hoodie in (or pulling it out) might be a way to casually check on the bomb/plug the detonator.

sangreal

Same guy. I wonder if the hoodie picture is after leaving the bag. You could imagine him putting the bag down, opening it, take the hoodie out and use that opportunity to "plug" the bomb, close it, put his hoodie on, move on. It's basically a casual way to open the bag and assemble the explosive (or detonator) without looking too suspect.

Yeah, I pictured a similar scenario actually. Just thinking out loud

rar

Yes it does, I know. The photos with the backpack and without are from different sets though. I'm wondering if it is possible the guy just talked to 2 different people in white hats. Would be a coincidence, but not a particularly huge one

man, our posts are so out of sync. yeah, it's possible

Same guy. I wonder if the hoodie picture is after leaving the bag. You could imagine him putting the bag down, opening it, take the hoodie out and use that opportunity to "plug" the bomb, close it, put his hoodie on, move on. It's basically a casual way to open the bag and assemble the explosive (or detonator) without looking too suspect.

Could be the smoking gun if they found hoodie fragments in the bag

sangreal

And then walked off with him 30 minutes later?

huh? We see him walking off with a guy with no backpack in a white hat. We have another set of photos of him talking to a guy with a backpack in a white hat (no face, different clothes). While I think its likely its the same guy, I'm just discussing the possibility that they aren't

huh? We see him walking off with a guy with no backpack in a white hat. We have another set of photos of him talking to a guy with a backpack in a white hat (no face, different clothes). While I think its likely its the same guy, I'm just discussing the possibility that they aren't

We have one lores photo taken off of a news broadcast of same guy with a hoodie on and different lighting (likely different part of day)...we have many photos of SAME guys clearly from different angles together the entire time...

I'm not really sure how to feel about the internet taking this much of an active role. Investigation has taken a weird turn.

I think the investigation has been onto this stuff it's just the Internet is keeping up??!

I mean the Internet hasn't really broken any leads or anything have they?!

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I edited my post. The pic with the hoodie, the guy still has the bag.

Would really help to have time stamps of each pictures.

This is the point closest to the finish line, the bomb was near the wall for that location in that location.. This is near the flag area which is yards away from the wall behind them

No it wasn't the blast site was in the middle of the people...its very clear from all the aftermath photos...see the overlay photo...this photo is right near the pole area which is near the blast site...

No it wasn't the blast site was in the middle of the people...its very clear from all the aftermath photos...see the overlay photo...this photo is right near the pole area which is near the blast site...

There are plenty of pictures of blast site after it happened which shows it being near the wall. You can see the first blast on youtube as well, it happens well behind the flag fence, go watch the video

What time did the bomb go off?

Around 2:30 i think

There are plenty of pictures of blast site after it happened which shows it being near the wall. You can see the first blast on youtube as well, it happens well behind the flag fence, go watch the video

Yes...behind the fence (on the people side)...in the middle of the people...the two casualties are right near the blast site (as seen in just prior pictures)...which was amongst the people...not set up against the wall...

sangreal

We have one lores photo taken off of a news broadcast of same guy with a hoodie on and different lighting (likely different part of day)...we have many photos of SAME guys clearly from different angles together the entire time...

I don't think you're following me at all. Yes, we have many pictures of the guy in blue with a guy in white hat from a bunch of angles without a backpack. We only have a couple of pictures of the guy in blue with a guy in a white hat with a backpack, wearing different clothes and no face. How do you know they're the same guy? Further, the picture you just linked is timed at 1:22, but shows the guy i(n a hoodie again?) with a backpack. The pictures of allegedly the same person without a backpack (and no hoodie) are from around noon

I'm not saying they're different people, I'm asking how you are so confident they're the same guy? Is there a picture of the guy's face with a backpack on? If so, where?

CNN keeps focusing on a picture with a package just outside a metal rail. Apparently one pic has the package inside the rail, then 15 mins later it is outside of it. Maybe someone could post the image.

This confused me because I thought the blasts were relatively far off the street.

I don't think you're following me at all. Yes, we have many pictures of the guy in blue with a guy in white hat from a bunch of angles without a backpack. We only have a couple of pictures of the guy in blue with a guy in a white hat with a backpack, wearing different clothes and no face. How do you know they're the same guy? Further, the picture you just linked is timed at 1:22, but shows the guy i(n a hoodie again?) with a backpack. The pictures of allegedly the same person without a backpack (and no hoodie) are from around noon

I'm not saying they're different people, I'm asking how you are so confident they're the same guy? Is there a picture of the guy's face with a backpack on? If so, where?

It's a MASSIVE coincidence if it is not them...and we have two angles that clearly show the guy in white hat and sunglasses with a backpack and then walking away from area with no backpack...I don't know about the new photo that was on the news report (that wasn't something that was found online)...it could have been taken at any time...but the hi res of the photos clearly shows the guy with backpack and guy with no backpack are the same

Phreaker

CNN keeps focusing on a picture with a package just outside a metal rail. Apparently one pic has the package inside the rail, then 15 mins later it is outside of it. Maybe someone could post the image.

This confused me because I thought the blasts were relatively far off the street.

That's the 2nd site, near the mailbox, which The Lord & Taylor video was recording.

Been away for a few hours...sorry this is has already gone over, but did we ever figure out what the huge break in the case was today? Was it just the video from lord'n'taylor?

Did the FBI ever have a presser? Saw it got delayed (assume due to the bomb threat stuff), never heard anything after that.

and my god what a giant cluster fuck the news was today. Honestly don't think I've followed a story as strange as what went on today.

sangreal

Are you talking about the orange bag by the mailbox?

GAMERG0D

Been away for a few hours...sorry this is has already gone over, but did we ever figure out what the huge break in the case was today? Was it just the video from lord'n'taylor?

Did the FBI ever have a presser? Saw it got delayed (assume due to the bomb threat stuff), never heard anything after that.

and my god what a giant cluster fuck the news was today. Honestly don't think I've followed a story as strange as what went on today.
It was canceled.

There were 2 bombs. The one that went off first, and was closest to the finish line, seemed to have been near the wall (behind the railings).

The second bomb apparently came from a bag that was placed outside the rails

Are you talking about the orange bag by the mailbox?

Thats it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom