• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bombs detonated at Boston Marathon finish line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Here is the blue track jacket guy talking to someone different in a white hat.

http://imgur.com/a/lc9dN

Looks like the picture was taken earlier in the day.

Same guy as this one:

So he changes clothes at some point, but it's the same person. He has the same chin-beard.

What I see from the pics is that first he is wearing his hoodie, and later on he takes something out from his exterior rear right pocket and takes off his hoodie, presumably putting them in the bag, and takes his glasses.

There is another picture with the bag gone, you can even see space in front of him that indicate it's not on the floor either.

Coldsnap

I'm so curious to see what happens. I really hope they find the persons, but at the same time I almost hope these two guys are not them because the internet is pretty damn convinced they are.

Well, as others have said, these two are just the focus of some investigation. They shouldn't be treated as the attackers. It's just internet gossip based on a handful of images and speculation of the backpack.

No one is saying they did it...but they are the closest thing to a suspect we or it seems the FBI has...

AlexBasch

Crazy how on the surface, nothing has changed since 2001. Yet in reality, these little devices in our hands have changed a lot of things, everything is documented everywhere even without CCTV.
Imagine all the material that might have even recorded with today's smartphones in 9/11. World has changed immensely in only ten years.

NateDrake

Same guy has this one:

So he changes clothes at some point, but it's the same person. He has the same chin-beard.

All he did was remove his sweatshirt. He probably put it in his backpack. These guys are spotted before the start of the race and during the race with the guy in blue with his bag and the white hat guy with his backpack. That's a long time carrying around a bomb.

sangreal

Same guy has this one:

What I see from the pics is that first he is wearing his hoodie, and later on he takes something out from his exterior rear right pocket and takes off his hoodie, and takes his glasses.

Yeah, I think that about wraps up the possibility I raised

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Same guy has this one:

What I see from the pics is that first he is wearing his hoodie, and later on he takes something out from his exterior rear right pocket and takes off his hoodie, presumably putting them in the bag, and takes his glasses.

That does look like the same guy but he doesn't have a hoodie on for some reason.

Cyan

Banned
I realize there's not a lot to discuss right now other than recovering patients and the stupidity of CNN, but let's cool it with the internet detectivery, please. It's not helpful and it's basically pointless.

Do we know that these photos that the FBI circulated and that CNN was talking about earlier?

Yes...Fox News and local news described the men in the photos, and one of the local stations actually leaked the photos...including one that has not been distributed anywhere online

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Perhaps he took it off because it got too hot out. Especially if he's wearing a track jacket underneath.
Yeah that is more than reasonable.

It will be interesting to see if the investigators are looking at these guys. Who knows at this point.
Yes...Fox News and local news described the men in the photos, and one of the local stations actually leaked the photos...including one that has not been distributed anywhere online

oh

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That does look like the same guy but he doesn't have a hoodie on for some reason.

He has his hoodie earlier in the day, no sunglasses, and some extra thing in his right back pocket. Later in the day, probably as it gets warmer, his puts his hoodie in his back pack, the thing in the right pocket is gone, and he takes his glasses since it's sunnier/whatever.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So local news station = FBI?

Really GAF?...

A lot of news sources are mentioning those two guys, even FOX who are saying they won't release their pictures until the FBI gives a go ahead, yet they gave the exact description of those two. We have to wait for the authority of the FBI to discuss stuff mentioned by the news on GAF now?

SummitAve

Banned
Same guy has this one:

There is another picture with the bag gone, you can even see space in front of him that indicate it's not on the floor either.

Remember when you were certain last night?

The suspect also asked police if people had died, and said there might be a second explosion.

Also, the original reports say police searched the apartment after being led to it by a suspicious person. I wonder if that part is false.

edit: yep the image above is certainly significant. I think it's extremely for him to be a suspect.

The woman taking a picture next to him, I hope authorities can get that photo:

Give it up trying to analyze these pictures. The actual authorities and investigators are working with much better footage than we can hope to get our hands on currently, and pouring over these crowd shots is essentially a waste of time by pointing internet detectives in all the wrong directions creating crazy speculation along the way.

Just the sheer notion of someone standing there nonchalantly, blending in, with the intent to kill as many people -- especially with so many children out that day -- boils my blood. What do you achieve by doing this? It boggles the mind, especially if they do indeed turn out to be young men.

What a waste

Downhome

I really, really need to stop looking for information on all of this tonight. I just stumbled upon a photo gallery of gruesome images right after the blast, including pictures of Krystle Campbell and the wheelchair guy, and other mangled people as well. That's it, I'm done for the night. I really wish I hadn't seen those images.

All this does is disgust and anger me more and more.

He has his hoodie earlier in the day, no sunglasses, and some extra thing in his right back pocket. Later in the day, probably as it gets warmer, his puts his hoodie in his back pack, the thing in the right pocket is gone, and he takes his glasses since it's sunnier/whatever.

Thing that is interesting....is that these two hung out most of the day until about 2 hours before bomb exploded, and one of them no longer has backpack, and leave the area...this is why they are persons of interest right now...

Knoxcore

Well, as others have said, these two are just the focus of some investigation. They shouldn't be treated as the attackers. It's just internet gossip based on a handful of images and speculation of the backpack.

Oh I never said they were attackers. But the terrorist(s) could have done a lot more damage than what actually happened. Just want to clarify I'm not trying to minimize what happened.

kyoya

I wonder if these guys have already left the city, state or country by now. My biggest fear is that if they had residences of some sort that they may have booby-trapped them with explosives. When these guys are positively ID'd you can be certain that FBI will be carefully examining their residence before they enter. I hope that no one else gets hurt.

One question, when a foreigner visits the USA, does our customs and immigration scan their passport to image capture their photo and basic identification upon entering the USA? The FBI or DHS have to be doing photo comparisons right now.

Man, this thread right now...

pseudoblog_sherlockholmes425b.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Remember when you were certain last night?

Give it up trying to analyze these pictures. The actual authorities and investigators are working with much better footage than we can hope to get our hands on currently, and pouring over these crowd shots is essentially a waste of time by pointing internet detectives in all the wrong directions creating crazy speculation along the way.

So what? It's not crazy speculation. People then posted pictures of the security staff, showing they were part of them. Chill out.

edit: Plus in the current case I think some things point to them possibly not being involved, such as them being there for a very long time when logic implies they would get in and out quickly. That being said, the lack of backpack in one of the pics is interesting, but again, I didn't see a timestamp for that one, I can't imagine him getting rid of it an hour before the explosion.

Vire

A lot of news sources are mentioning those two guys, even FOX who are saying they won't release their pictures until the FBI gives a go ahead, yet they gave the exact description of those two. We have to wait for the authority of the FBI to discuss stuff mentioned by the news on GAF now?

No not at all, I don't mind the discussion one bit.

I just thought it was a bit premature to say that this is who the FBI is saying is their suspects. One of the posters inferred that and I responded to that.

Carry on...

I wonder if these guys have already left the city, state or country by now. My biggest fear is that if they had residences of some sort that they may have booby-trapped them with explosives. When these guys are positively ID'd you can be certain that FBI will be carefully examining their residence before they enter. I hope that no one else gets hurt.

One question, when a foreigner visits the USA, does our customs and immigration scan their passport to image capture their photo and basic identification upon entering the USA? The FBI or DHS have to be doing photo comparisons right now.

When I visited, they scanned my retina and took my finger prints.

I just thought it was a bit premature to say that this is who the FBI is saying is their suspects.

One of the posters here said that and I responded to that.

It's been reported that photos of these men are being distributed to law enforcement...who do you think distributes photos to law enforcement?

2real4tv

Pretty sure by now FBI can rule out if those guys were responsible or not because they have a good visual of the backpacks they were carrying

Downhome

If they haven't been stopped for questioning today, or flat out in custody and they are just waiting to tell us, then I'd be willing to bet that they are long gone and out of the country by this point. Surely they had planned to get out ASAP. This is all going on them being from another country and not citizens of the US however. Even if they are US citizens they are likely gone as well. I really don't think they would plan to stick around unless they thought they would get away with it and had other things planned.

sangreal

I just thought it was a bit premature to say that this is who the FBI is saying is their suspects.

One of the posters here said that and I responded to that.

Except, that's not what the post I was replying to said. It read:
Do we know that these photos that the FBI circulated and that CNN was talking about earlier?

and the answer is yes, we do know these pictures are the same as the ones CNN was talking about. At least as much as we know any news, in that its what the media has told us. I didn't say they were suspects (although CNN did use that word, FWIW)

Vire

It's been reported that photos of these men are being distributed to law enforcement...who do you think distributes photos to law enforcement?

Just like it was reported by CNN and the AP that the suspect was in custody earlier today.

What's your point?

Who's reporting it, and which photos? Is there actually anything solid other than that youtube video?

Yes! Fox News and CNN have both stated they have the photos but won't release til they get the go ahead...Fox News described the photos...they are the same ones we have been seeing...

Amir0x

Banned
I just hope it is those two guys who did this because if it's not then those two innocent dudes are going to have a world of headaches for the next few days as more and more people recognize them from the circulated photos and everything goes to hell

Cyan

Banned
Yes! Fox News and CNN have both stated they have the photos but won't release til they get the go ahead...Fox News described the photos...they are the same ones we have been seeing...

Can you give me a link or anything? I don't want to step on discussion if this is legit news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom