• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 heavily teased at PAX

Tabasco

"You might get a little more than that"

For some reason, this doesn't seem completely convincing to me.

Cartman86

Banned
It's a Texas PAX and that's where Gearbox is. They will try to end and take the show with probably a full Borderlands 3 announcement.

Awesome if true. Please don't be current gen only.
It's been over a year. We need to move past cross-gen, and all the crap that comes with it. (Bad porting, limited to last gen gameplay, money/time constraints, etc.)

This is a game that NEEDS to be current gen only, and use all of that upgraded power in order to make the game bigger and better. It needs to be a step forward instead of another side-step like the Pre-Sequel was.

Hip Hop

Graphics aren't the only thing 10 year old hardware limits...

Size of the world, enemy AI, level design, environment design, etc are just some of the number of things having to develop for cross-generational platforms creates a problem for. No more cross-gen games please. Time to progress and move forward.

very well said.

the faster these older consoles die, the better.

Grisby

ack90BL.gif

They all look incredibly uncomfortable, even after Pitchford confirmed "something". Maybe they're disappointed by the lack of love for BB. I expect nothing more than claptrap audio and a logo, if that.

g23

European pre-madonna
They should out-destiny destiny.

4 player online coop, strikes, raids, grinding and reputation for factions all day!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
they need to work on the gunplay the most as its pretty terrible now that the only good feature from destiny blew them out of the water on that aspect.

also weapon sounds. as pretty much everything sounds like shit.

David___

Banned
Why not tell us what that is and save us the trouble of asking?

Borderlands 2 Interview, with Jeramy Cooke (Art Director) uploaded Sept 5 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVk-z_Dc39M
04:30 Cooke talking about the new weapon system:
“The way it’s new it’s even more bazillion guns. I mean, it’s crazy to say but, where we might have had six parts before we have 20 parts now. So when you find guns you are going to find custom guns of bosses and hidden in chest off corners off the map you will not see anywhere else in the world /… you might find a gun that has someone’s toe hanging from the back of it. It’s pretty crazy the diversity you are going to see. “

Another question: This time each manufacturer comes with its own abilities. How do you still have the variety when the guns are set with a specific attribute?
“Well, what’s cool about it is, the core body of the gun sort off defines some base things about it. But all the parts on it modify those things, so you could get a chain rocket gun if you want. I mean you can get some sort of crazy railgun pistol. I mean, you get all these amazing combinations depending on which parts are on your gun. And the rare parts that come off the bosses those make the gun do totally crazy things.”

Other strange things from that interview, Cooke says:
- Basically no restrictive walls this time, everything you see you can walk to.
- NPC’s can interact with what’s going on around you. And they are all part of a faction system now.

Borderlands 2 interview, with Anthony Burch (Lead Writer), uploaded Aug 21 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNR-BycsqUM
At 03:16 - The backpack and Bank Space.

At 08:18 - Talking about mods, cheats and hacks.

Now I'm expecting some kinda speech about how they are putting off bl3 to work on other stuff.

I didn't even think about that scenario.

What if they mean its going to be a long time before they get to BL3 and they will go into it on Sunday. With how uncomfortable they looked with the question now that's got me a bit worried.

BokehKing

Banned
they need to work on the gunplay the most as its pretty terrible now that the only good feature from destiny blew them out of the water on that aspect.

also weapon sounds. as pretty much everything sounds like shit.
Destiny does a lot of things better than borderlands

Especially the raids, because the 'raids' in borderlands 2 were ass

They need to restrict the ability for people to dupe weapons, ruining the community with in the first month the game is out.

David___

Banned

They need to restrict the ability for people to dupe weapons, ruining the community with in the first month the game is out.

If they want to stop duping they need to have better drop rates. AFAIK, BL1 didn't have a duping epidemic since the drop rates were actually fair.

Leflus

I'm fine with Destiny having better raids. I would be fine if Borderlands didn't have any raids at all.

There are some things that Borderlands could learn from Destiny though. Mainly the gunplay.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I wish I could care about this series, but I can't cuz.... well, it don't have a single feature that can interest me in any way. The first game was terrible as hell, the second one is a little better but mostly the same boring shit as before with awful FPS mechanics, "more guns" and so one and so forth. Gearbox just in general don't have a single good game in their entire catalog that I like, not a single one, they just continue making basically the same game over and over with BIA, and after that with Borderlands. I think by making Borderlands 2 they've already told everything that needs to be told, and I see no bright future for this franchise and for Gearbox as a developer too if they will continue making boring games with a weak mechanics and without puting a soul in them to make something really cool, unique and most importantly interesting to play in terms of mechanics.

I hope they will make at least a good remastered version of one of my favorite series of all time - Homeworld.

I didn't even think about that scenario.

What if they mean its going to be a long time before they get to BL3 and they will go into it on Sunday. With how uncomfortable they looked with the question now that's got me a bit worried.

That may just be it. If I remember correctly they stated before that they were not even thinking of a BL3. Since they are also working on a new ip, they may not want to detract attention from it so soon either.

Basketball

3rd person mode i and will be excited

I never got why the game has all these skins and heads but you can't see your character outside of menus

Fracas

#fuckonami
Hell yeahhhhhh. I loved the hell out of BL2. I was hoping Destiny would scratch a similar itch, but it didn't quite measure up.

Oh man, I'd kill to get the crew back. MCC and Destiny were duds but BL2 was awesome. Zerkin all day.

when exactly is this panel?
If they announce it I hope it will be 2016 or even later. I think there's been enough Borderlands recently

Drazgul

"We don't know, that's the honest answer. But if you come back to our main theater panel on sunday, you might get a little more than that."

Tomorrow, on the panel:

"We definitely don't know."

Top Bottom