• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 heavily teased at PAX

Joey Ravn

Banned
I love me some Borderlands, but I sure hope they ditch the whole raid boss concept they like so much. Or, at least, tweak so they can be completed by one player. If I can play the whole game by myself, why am I forced to group with three other people to tackle a boss? Make it so the boss scales up and down depending on the amount of people playing, just like Diablo does.

Nokterian

They all look incredibly uncomfortable, even after Pitchford confirmed "something". Maybe they're disappointed by the lack of love for BB. I expect nothing more than claptrap audio and a logo, if that.

Battleborn just isn't it...when they revealed it didn't look fun or nice seeing people here also not liking it when the gameinformer reveal with the trailer (that guy with a huge body and tiny head? lol). By comparison when Overwatch was shown by Blizzard that had my attention even more.

Borderlands is more loved so bring on Borderlands 3 i am ready!

Drazgul

Borderlands has never been a graphic titan though I can't see the problem in crossgen for this game

It's far more than just graphics, though. A cross-gen game has to be designed for the lowest common denominator and that means having to deal with the very limited RAM of last-gen consoles, which then limits what you can do with level size and complexity, the amount of enemies you can have, etc.

Cross-gen sucks and shouldn't be tolerated.

Green Yoshi

graphics arent the only thing a 2005 processor and 512mb of ram limits

The problem is the speed of the RAM. GDDR-5 RAM is so much faster than the RAM of the 360. The CPUs of PS4 and X1 are a bottleneck, but if there are 30 fps on PS4&X1 and 60 fps on PC as in The Crew, Far Cry 4 and AC Unity I'm fine with it.

Battleborn just isn't it...when they revealed it didn't look fun or nice seeing people here also not liking it when the gameinformer reveal with the trailer (that guy with a huge body and tiny head? lol). By comparison when Overwatch was shown by Blizzard that had my attention even more.

Borderlands is more loved so bring on Borderlands 3 i am ready!

That's hardly a relevant factor lol. MP focused games barely get hyped over here (and on occasions also get anti-hyped).

Stevey

Hopefully they try and improve things this time instead of following the decline from the first and best game.

Supporting older consoles is cool cause it makes games available to hundreds of thousands extra people. That's worth the drop in graphics to me. Accessibility over visuals in my book, to a reasonable extent.

It'll probably be more than two years since the new consoles have launched by the time BL3 comes out. It's time for people to move on, and the only way you are going to get casual consumers to move over -you know the people who aren't willing to invest that heavily in the industry anyway- is by releasing games exclusivly on new systems with features that aren't achievable on older ones.

Now gimme BL3!

deleted

I hope they get the D1 -> D2 jump done in this one. B1 -> B2 felt too much like the same thing, when they had so much to improve with functionality and menus.

New planet please, I think Pandora has had its time.
But the last game took place on the moon.

What.

That won't be hard if the game is good. BL2 was a massive success.
All three Borderlands games are better than Destiny in my book. They also pump out DLC faster and better than Bungie could ever hope to. I also don't recall them needing any major updates to overhaul anything in the game. There's also the fact that they don't have an always online requirement. By default, they cater to a much larger crowd.

I think Destiny will make Borderlands even more popular.
lol

Lanrutcon

Yes, I think it will. Destiny is a very, very popular game and it's in the same genre as Borderlands.
It's going to be very tough for Gearbox.

I think Destiny has had a nice ride so far without any competition. Let's see if it can get away with being average when there's an alternative around.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Can't wait for the next Borderlands game released shortly afterwards named Borderlands The Pre-Threequel!

i just really liked the Halloween one from the first game.

Yeah. The Halloween DLC was the highpoint of Borderlands 1 for sure. I sorta wish they made an entire game like it full of horror clichés.

The audience is different though (although there is some overlap)

I think there is a lot of overlap. I was high on Destiny because I thought it would be an improved Borderlands. Some of main online personalities that I followed for Borderlands stuff now make lots of Destiny related content.

nubbe

I expect a midget to sit on his shoulders and point to his head
or he has 3 balls

JcNUvbK.png

Truant

Always wanted to like these games, but the lack of character customization really bums me out. The guns are cool and all, but I'd really love armor and outfit stuff as well.

Supporting older consoles is cool cause it makes games available to hundreds of thousands extra people. That's worth the drop in graphics to me. Accessibility over visuals in my book, to a reasonable extent.
We'll be 2+ years in the current gen by the time this comes out, we're beyond being reasonable now.

Enough holding current gen back because people don't feel like buying new consoles. You have an entire library of games to enjoy, I want to enjoy games tailored to my console's specs. That is, unless you want to keep getting garbage ports like Dragon Age and Mordor made by other devs, in which case be my guest.

Top Bottom