• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 3 heavily teased at PAX

Yiss!!!!! \o/

Just finished BL2 TVHM with a buddy yesterday. lvl 51. Onto UVHM. STILL haven't played the DLCs, should be fun.

Can't wait.gif

Jezbollah

I think given the ending of BL2, scale will be the major thing in BL3, rather than uber graphics/gameplay improvement.

Cant wait. I just hope the stories and humor is consistant.

Yiss!!!!! \o/

Just finished BL2 TVHM with a buddy yesterday. lvl 51. Onto UVHM. STILL haven't played the DLCs, should be fun.

Can't wait.gif

Oh, you're in for a treat. But, uh, play the DLCs in release order. Also, give the Headhunter packs a go. They're cheap, short, and pretty funny.

Mr_L

I might be in a minority but i thought the game was atrociously boring, I don't know why but when i played it i got bored so fast.

Yeah, I tried both the first and second game and I would just find myself bored so quickly that I couldn't justify playing it anymore.

GamerSoul

It's a bit early to get hyped, imo. We have to get through that Battleborn thing first. lol. Luckily we will (hopefully) have some more Tales from the Borderlands episodes in the mean time.

Bordelands Online or nothing, don't waste my time.

Make the game Destiny should have been and all my money is yours.

Ehhh, I don't want it to be solely online BUT I hope they do take some notes from Destiny. Even though I personally don't enjoy it as much as BL, there's something about it that keeps people playing and I want that for Borderlands.

I'd hope for a nice current gen release. Maybe it's something along the lines of what they did with ME 4 at E3? Show you how some of the progress is coming, maybe go a little further and release a CG cinematic.

True. No additional MMO elements then.

I appreciated the fact that I could play pretty much all of the content in BL2 in single player mode without having to connect to the Internet. I hope BL3 is similar to BL2 in that regard.
I actually wouldnt mind a Diablo 2 style multiplayer. Open multiplayer where your character saves locally and another where its server bound

Maybe BL1 isn't included because Handsome Jack isn't in it and the twist with BL3 will be
you didn't kill him at the end of 2. Maybe you killed a body double and he'll be the main villian again in 3.

After all people love that character.

Maybe BL1 isn't included because Handsome Jack isn't in it and the twist with BL3 will be
you didn't kill him at the end of 2. Maybe you killed a body double and he'll be the main villian again in 3.

Nah, that was the real Jack. But if you've played Tales from the Borderlands, it's clearly evident there is a way for him to "come back".

BigDug13

Supporting older consoles is cool cause it makes games available to hundreds of thousands extra people. That's worth the drop in graphics to me. Accessibility over visuals in my book, to a reasonable extent.

It's not the graphics drop that is the problem. There is a limit to number of enemies that can be thrown at you at once. That's why higher difficulties simply make them into bullet sponges instead of challenging you with numbers. Destiny is the same way. Wave after wave or last-gen-capable numbers because the game is cross gen.

We are not disgusted by crossgen due to graphics for a game like this. It's because of the inherent limitations in gameplay it poses.

janoDX

Stop asking for cross-gen, get some money and buy a PS4, a XBONE or a brand new PC.

Cross-Gen should die this year because it's ruining every user, current gen can't get nice things because of old-gen and their cross-gen bullcrap.

Handy Fake

Stop asking for cross-gen, get some money and buy a PS4, a XBONE or a brand new PC.

Cross-Gen should die this year because it's ruining every user, current gen can't get nice things because of old-gen and their cross-gen bullcrap.

I wouldn't be quite so caustic, but I agree in principle. Time for last gen to be put out to pasture. They got their own Borderlands last year, time to concentrate on this gen.

nubbe

Did you visit Opportunity? ;)

But "Tales of" take place after BL2... and you know what's happening there ;)

More season passes! Because one isn't enough for Borderlands 2 and all of its DLC.

you get everything you fucking need in the season pass

I think 2K will start to introduce seasons for the season passes. Borderlands 2 started off as a great example of how to do DLC with its 4 substantive add-ons but gradually morphed into the industry standard shit-show with all of its cosmetics, retailer specific pre-order bonuses later being sold, holiday themed mission packs and additional classes.

They aren't releasing The Handsome Collection because of nothing ! But I welcome a Borderlands 3 for next-gen only. I'm sorry for all of the folks that are stuck on last gen (still haven't made the jump either), but Borderlands 3 should be amazingly big and ambicious, and yes, it must be the game that Destiny couldn't be.

Big, dense, populated, with a good and fun story, lots of good things to do and share with more bad-vault hunter-asses.

Top Bottom