• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF Meetup X - Sat 28th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Guys

Guys

I don't think I can make it now. Gig has cropped up that I can't really turn down. Unless it falls through (potentially might) I'm afraid that I have to assume I won't be able to attend. Many apologies, will make next one.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Guys

Guys

I don't think I can make it now. Gig has cropped up that I can't really turn down. Unless it falls through (potentially might) I'm afraid that I have to assume I won't be able to attend. Many apologies, will make next one.

Well that's it, I'm not coming now if Meat's not gonna be there.

Funnily, I've just been offered a show on the 27th, I hate how meet weekends always tie up with gigs, so tiring.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Can I suggest if it's wet in the day we go to the heart of gaming in north acton.
£10 all you can play arcade classics.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Can I suggest if it's wet in the day we go to the heart of gaming in north acton.
£10 all you can play arcade classics.

That sounds fun, rain or no.

I also suggest that we go eat at one of London's many fancy burger joints because I cry everytim Jimbor posts a pic of them.

NinjaBoiX

Definitely can't make it guys, I'm moving down Manchester that weekend and going to see Tune Yards at Gorilla on the Saturday.

But have fun innit, I'll catch you at the next one.

As it turns out, there's actually a gig in London I want to go to this Saturday. I'll swing round for the daytime parts and then head off to the gig in the evening. Sweet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As it turns out, there's actually a gig in London I want to go to this Saturday. I'll swing round for the daytime parts and then head off to the gig in the evening. Sweet.

This saturday? I think you'll be about three weeks early brah.

oh btw you're Brighton based innit? I might be playing a show there in september, I'll keep you posted.

So that's the game is it?

"Ninj has dropped out, I can show up now! Fuck I hate that guy."

Lies.

Pretty much. Cunt.

Srsly though, I thought there might be a gig on but didn't realise it was in London. Actually thought it'd be a "Oh shit I can't come"

You're both ninjas. There can only be one.

ari221c.jpg

This saturday? I think you'll be about three weeks early brah.

oh btw you're Brighton based innit? I might be playing a show there in september, I'll keep you posted.

...this as in the Saturday of this. Shh.

And sweet! Will definitely
probably
be there.

Fiiiiinally can subscribe to this.

Thanks to Mike for setting up the thread in my absence.

So, Regent's Park in the day, fingers crossed the weather holds out. We'll try and find somewhere easy to find to set up camp.

Still looking at where to go after, suggestions welcome as always but keep it fairly central.

Mikeside

Fiiiiinally can subscribe to this.

Thanks to Mike for setting up the thread in my absence.

So, Regent's Park in the day, fingers crossed the weather holds out. We'll try and find somewhere easy to find to set up camp.

Still looking at where to go after, suggestions welcome as always but keep it fairly central.

I'd like quite like to go to Big Red again, or maybe somewhere we can have cheap cocktails?

Wait is Big Red that place we went before Last Resort?

If so I'm in, food was good and there was a good amount of space plus pool tables.

The logical thing to do from there would be Last Resort unless there's something else nearby I'm not aware of.

EDIT

Also it's that time again, allow me to beg for sleep space

Mikeside

If so I'm in, food was good and there was a good amount of space plus pool tables.

The logical thing to do from there would be Last Resort unless there's something else nearby I'm not aware of.

EDIT

Last resort is only on every few months and you just missed it

8bit

Knows the Score
Can't make it, sorry. Wife is in China for business that weekend and I'm not allowed to abandon the children. Also, it's a bit far to travel.

Mikeside

Can't make it, sorry. Wife is in China for business that weekend and I'm not allowed to abandon the children. Also, it's a bit far to travel.

Children basically look after themselves. Just get one of those electronic feeders that plops a portion of porridge into their bowls every 6 hours.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
My gig got cancelled, so I can make it. I feel a mixture of sadness at the cancellation but also joy that I get to discuss the wonders of Walrus hunting with Mike again.

Probably not gonna be able to meet up till the evening though for various reasons.

jimbor

Banned

EDIT

Back from the ban. If we're big redding it, Camden is just down the road.

Son Of D

Ok I won't need a place to stay anymore. Since I'm heading up to see my brother in Milton Keynes over that weekend I can just get a train from Euston station.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
If, and it's a big if, england qualify from their group they'll be playing this Saturday at 9, if we're not anywhere where the footballs on I'll slink off and find somewhere to watch it and then come back.

Edit: when I say this Saturday I meant the Saturday of this event

If, and it's a big if, england qualify from their group they'll be playing this Saturday at 9, if we're not anywhere where the footballs on I'll slink off and find somewhere to watch it and then come back.

If we're in Camden in the evening we can go Black Heart, Worlds End or Monarch, pretty sure they'll be showing the football there

lol

Bit of a conundrum; if that match happens then it'd suck for the group to temporarily split but it would also suck if the people who have no interest in it end up in a pub where it's playing and can't hear themselves speak over raucous footie fans.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
lol

Bit of a conundrum; if that match happens then it'd suck for the group to temporarily split but it would also suck if the people who have no interest in it end up in a pub where it's playing and can't hear themselves speak over raucous footie fans.

We shall have to get creative. How about someone loads it up on their 4g and they all huddle around a phone until the inevitable crushing defeat. Who has a phablet and unlimited 4g??

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That's why you bring another set of shows with you on a USB and plug them into the tele to watch. I'm sure all the football fans will appreciate a timeout from their game to enjoy a tranquil episode of Tales Of The Riverbank.

We shall have to get creative. How about someone loads it up on their 4g and they all huddle around a phone until the inevitable crushing defeat. Who has a phablet and unlimited 4g??

Where's Kevin Bacon when you need him.

I haven't been to one of these before, but I'd like to try it after hearing good things from donkeyshow. I should be able to make it. I won't be going out clubbing or anything though because of reasons.

I'll be in the football crowd as well fwiw...

lol

We were out for Qasiel's birthday on Saturday and ended up in the Black Heart when the football was on. It was pretty good because they didn't have the sound on just carried on playing good music, so those of us not interested could carry on talking among ourselves, and those who wanted to could watch the match. Good compromise. Would hate for the group to actually split to different venues.

Holy shit this is a thing? Wish I could make it.

This is a regular thing, every 3 months dude. Next one after this will be Eurogamer.

Where's Kevin Bacon when you need him.

I haven't been to one of these before, but I'd like to try it after hearing good things from donkeyshow. I should be able to make it. I won't be going out clubbing or anything though because of reasons.

Donkey!!! Where is he these days? No time for us after getting well and truely loved up.
Would be great to see you there though dude :)

This sounds like fun and I'm free that Saturday evening. Colour me interested!

Just one thing I need to establish before I commit to attending. What's age range here? I don't want to feel like an old man... (I'm 32 btw)

Bazza

Put me down as a maybe, Work has been mental this year so iv been bit of a lazy shit to date, Iv done fuck all and night out will do me good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom