• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF Meetup X - Sat 28th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbor

Banned
We were out for Qasiel's birthday on Saturday and ended up in the Black Heart when the football was on. It was pretty good because they didn't have the sound on just carried on playing good music, so those of us not interested could carry on talking among ourselves, and those who wanted to could watch the match. Good compromise. Would hate for the group to actually split to different venues.

All three pubs you mentioned earlier will be showing it, I imagine. Blackheart has great beer, good music but is pricey as fuck.

I don't think we should split either.

This sounds like fun and I'm free that Saturday evening. Colour me interested!

Just one thing I need to establish before I commit to attending. What's age range here? I don't want to feel like an old man... (I'm 32 btw)

18 - 35ish, more mid to late twenties, I think.

Donkey!!! Where is he these days? No time for us after getting well and truely loved up.
Would be great to see you there though dude :)

I haven't spoken to him for a while, but I think he's still chilling/doing roller derby in Sheffield. I should go visit him or something.

This sounds like fun and I'm free that Saturday evening. Colour me interested!

Just one thing I need to establish before I commit to attending. What's age range here? I don't want to feel like an old man... (I'm 32 btw)

Excellent! Are you an actual Geordie? You can be NinjaBoix's replacement.

Put me down as a maybe, Work has been mental this year so iv been bit of a lazy shit to date, Iv done fuck all and night out will do me good.

Cool, hope to see you there dude

All three pubs you mentioned earlier will be showing it, I imagine. Blackheart has great beer, good music but is pricey as fuck.

I don't think we should split either.

18 - 35ish, more mid to late twenties, I think.

There's quite a few of us in our 30's now

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
For reasons unknown I decided to check this thread out.

I'm in Guildford on business over that weekend, I might be able to attend. Though I'm not a Brit I'm Scandinavian, and I'm not certain I've ever seen a GAFer in real life so it'd be a slightly frightening experience. :p

jimbor

Banned
I would like to attend.

I'm in Guildford on business over that weekend, I might be able to attend. Though I'm not a Brit I'm Scandinavian, and I'm not certain I've ever seen a GAFer in real life so it'd be a slightly frightening experience. :p

The more, the merrier. Looks like I'm working during the day now but will definitely be around for the late afternoon/evening shenanigans.

Mikeside

We're at 20 people coming plus a couple of maybes!

I'm so excited, even if I'm going to be super poor as it's just before pay day.

What's the plan, musha?

decaf

Now that I'm actually living here, I can't possibly say no. Please excuse my absence from the GAF thread and WhatsApp chat - I'll make up for it by drinking a worrying amount.

This offends me.

Not sure if serious....

I would like to attend.

Welcome! Will be great to see you there!

I'll let you in on a little secret, Gaffers are just normal people, and everyone is super nice. Come along, the more the merrier! Plus I love Scandinavians

What's the plan, musha?

Regents Park from about 12pm onwards, head to Big Red about 6pm ish for Bevvies and food, then probs into Camden later for more Bevvies and good times. Nothing set in stone so plans could change depending on what people want to do at the time, pretty much a usual meet.

Now that I'm actually living here, I can't possibly say no. Please excuse my absence from the GAF thread and WhatsApp chat - I'll make up for it by drinking a worrying amount.

AWESOME

barrbarr

Sorry gonna have to pull out. I have work to do early on sunday, so I can't be hungover. Hope you guys have a great night, and I hope to make it to the next one

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Tunesmith, coooooome! We are all super nice and cool. The neckbeard ratio is like 1:20

All we do is drink and laugh and tell lies about ourselves in order to appear more interesting, it's a good time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

What's the plan, musha?

Day after payday for me, I'll spot ya a few drinks :)

// I also might feel the lure of being close to actual comic shops and so may nip off to fill up my rucksack.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Is there going to be a meetup point before people head for Regents Park that isn't King Cross this time :p

I think we should test people's initiative. First person to get to Regents Park posts a pic of where they are along with a google map pindrop and a GPS location if poss.

Anyone who can't figure that shit out does not get to hang with da nerdz.

edit: oh dear:

London, UK
Saturday
Chance of Rain
26221914131214192118161188121717181598813181918161312111418201916121011141718181511991216181815118913192219171211131518181817131213141718181714

Those numbers look reet scary

I think we should test people's initiative. First person to get to Regents Park posts a pic of where they are along with a google map pindrop and a GPS location if poss.

Have a feeling I would be at a sore disadvantage, what with no smartphone, internet or camera.

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member

edit: oh dear:

London, UK
Saturday
Chance of Rain
26221914131214192118161188121717181598813181918161312111418201916121011141718181511991216181815118913192219171211131518181817131213141718181714

Those numbers look reet scary

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Heart of gaming if the weathers going to be bad

Have a feeling I would be at a sore disadvantage, what with no smartphone, internet or camera.

The first meet I went to was a meet in Regent's Park last year and at that time I had a shitty nokia with no smartphone wizardy. Mikeside gave me his number, I phoned him and for some reason Tashbrooke picked up. I was given vague directions to a spot where Tash said he'd wait for me and then I had to look around trying to spot someone who looked like they were waiting for someone, which involved making probing, uncertain eye contact with Tash several times before it became apparent that he was The One.

The point of that meandering nonsense is to say that, if there's a will, there's a way.

In that case you're fucked. Go back to 1976 with your sideburns u fuckin hipster

Haha, I wouldn't say it's that unusual for people to not have smartphones, I know quite a few people who don't. It's money I'd rather save and I get by fine without one in most cases, that and touch screens rarely agree with me.

The first meet I went to was a meet in Regent's Park last year and at that time I had a shitty nokia with no smartphone wizardy. Mikeside gave me his number, I phoned him and for some reason Tashbrooke picked up. I was given vague directions to a spot where Tash said he'd wait for me and then I had to look around trying to spot someone who looked like they were waiting for someone, which involved making probing, uncertain eye contact with Tash several times before it became apparent that he was The One.

The point of that meandering nonsense is to say that, if there's a will, there's a way.

If I could get this kinda thing, it would be appreciated. Either that or I'll get a friend to check the thread for me and try to point me in the right direction at least.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I can't come you cunts, I can come in the day so if you meet early I can stay until 6 or so

Sort it out

It was all an elaborate ruse to build up the tension before you became one of us

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuphoenix is coming as well. He'll probably meet us at the food place.

Edit: also, why am I not on the guest list!?
Should I take a hint?

Ok just for clarity rough times for tomorrow

Meet at Regent's Park - 12:00 pm

Leave Regent's Park to head to Big Red - 6:30 pm

Leave Big Red to head to Camden - 9:00 pm

Mikeside

Ok just for clarity rough times for tomorrow

Meet at Regent's Park - 12:00 pm

Leave Regent's Park to head to Big Red - 6:30 pm

Leave Big Red to head to Camden - 9:00 pm

Cannae wait!

They're still predicting rain for tomorrow - are we going with eggybob's plan if it's wet?

Cannae wait!

They're still predicting rain for tomorrow - are we going with eggybob's plan if it's wet?

Heart of Gaming is freakin miles away, so doubtful. Weather forecast is 80% chance of rain from 11 - 4. I say still meet at Regents Park between 12-1, and if it's peeing down head to Trocadero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom