• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullshots: How close did PS4/XB1 games come to the E3 builds? Let's see!

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.

Dan Greenwalt, is that you in the left corner, there?
images

Ramirez

I'm utterly confused by Madden, the game they were showing in the dev diaries isn't even the game they released. The release literally looked like a higher res current gen port, no clue how they got away with such a blatant bait and switch.

Sony learned their lesson from the Killzone 2 E3 reveal trailer and the following ridicule. Their launch games actually improved from reveal to release. Forza was the worst downgrade this time around but in general, Ubisoft and EA seem to be the biggest believers in using unrealistic target renders year after year. I'd be shocked if Watch Dogs looks anything like the reveal demo and the Division is extremely unlikely to be that good either.

The crowds in Forza are ridiculous. If anybody had predicted that 'Next Gen' would be reverting to PS2 era 2D cardboard cut-outs, nobody would have believed it.

xkramz

The crowds in Forza are ridiculous. If anybody had predicted that 'Next Gen' would be reverting to PS2 era 2D cardboard cut-outs, nobody would have believed it.
It's ridiculous but you don't even notice the crowd when your playing driving at 150+ mph So what's the big deal?

People are blowing this outta proportion. The devs thought that they could lower the resolution on the crowd and save some resources that could be used for better car model or whatever

It's ridiculous but you don't even notice the crowd when your playing driving at 150+ mph So what's the big deal?

People are blowing this outta proportion. The devs thought that they could lower the resolution on the crowd and save some resources that could be used for better car model or whatever
People wouldn't notice high resolution ground textures at 150mph either. Why include them?

xkramz

People wouldn't notice high resolution ground textures at 150mph either. Why include them?
Have you played the game? That ground texture you speak of is something you follow throughout the whole race..cause you know..it's the street lol. Idk about you but at 150mph+ I could easily notice the textures on the floor.

GlamFM

Banned
Can´t wait for UBI to join the fun.

They are the worst when it comes to bullshots/fake pre-rendered gameplay IMO.

Watchdogs and The Devision will probably make some people really sad.

d9b

Banned

I think that's why in Forza 5 weather never changes... People don't notice rain, snow, night, sunset and sunrise at 150mph. Fact!

Back on topic, devs and publishers should be held accountable for pulling stuff like this... Building hype with fancy renders and photoshop is not cool.

Majanew

Banned
I wonder what happened during development that made T10 have to change the crowds. 10% GPU reserve? Going from 720p-900p to 1080p? Final kits weaker than the devkits used for reveal?

repeater

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.
That's not really fair. Mortal Kombat was actually really impressive when it launched.

Bishop89

u dont notice cutout trees in the gt games at 150mph, but didn't stop ppl from ripping gt apart

I wonder what happened during development that made T10 have to change the crowds. 10% GPU reserve? Going from 720p-900p to 1080p? Final kits weaker than the devkits used for reveal?

16 cars and improved physics.

IQ aside the game is gorgeous. Can't say the 2d crowds, as silly as they look on stills, change anything.

Top Bottom