• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullshots: How close did PS4/XB1 games come to the E3 builds? Let's see!

People think The Division will look like that? Seriously?

They already used Screenshots that have been edited with CS6.
They have a history of "Bull"-Trailers (Farcry 3, Watch_Dogs). No way it will look like that.

Andrax

Banned
How come they're allowed to say "this is in real time" but it's actually prerendered and not get into shit about it?

Jonm1010

Banned
Honestly I've come to loathe next gen reveals.

I feel like each and every time I see these bull shots and prerendered trailers being propped up as "in game footage" that it just makes me less interested in next gen and more interested in the gen after. The gen that will actually be able to match those bull shots.

At the very least all this crap has made me more interested in a customized steam box that might be able to meet that output eventually and less enthusiastic about my brand spanking new ps4.

Killzone being the one exception.

boi

Neo Member
Poor Forza...

For comparison PGR4:

iQn8iPFTMueTr.gif

i8yAvssGma9mz.gif

pgr4zk9d2gslq.gif

pgr4gameplayf430scuderi.gif

Ricky_R

Shadow Fall, February reveal vs final gameplay.

Feb reveal top, Final build bottom.

image_killzone_shadow_fall-21485-2660_0002.jpg

11.jpg~original

399203.png

11-1.png~original

image_killzone_shadow_fall-22173-2660_0002.jpg

BZkFx08CEAAxoRn.jpg:orig

killzone-shadow-fall-13.jpg

4.jpg~original

killzone_shadow_fall_4.jpg

image_killzone_shadow_fall-23704-2660_0002.jpg

original.png

12-7.jpg~original

Killzone_014.png~original

10.jpg~original

Killzone-Shadow-Fall-1361412119-0-0.jpg

7.png~original

image_killzone_shadow_fall-22354-2660_0002.jpg

3.jpg~original

Wait till you actually play the game dude. Just wait.

There are some bland looking areas, but you won't believe your eyes when you realize that the game actually looks as amazing as most of us expected, but were skeptical of.

I've said this a couple of times already, but... The IQ man, the IQ.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
Wait till you actually play the game dude. Just wait.

There are some bland looking areas, but you won't believe your eyes when you realize that the game actually looks as amazing as most of us expected, but were skeptical of.

I've said this a couple of times already, but... The IQ man, the IQ.

And they still claim that there is massive inefficiency (or rather, I should say, plenty of room for optimization) in the shaders at launch.

3rd gen PS4 games are going to be ridiculous.

It's actually a shame that the PC community can't have access to the hardware at a lower level. Just think what we could do to a game like Killzone like we did with GTA IV or Skyrim.

The first pic looks like regular Gears. The 2nd pic was when the game running on he 360 did have that lighting, but had terrible framerate drops & no AA when they originally demoed it. The axed the nice lighting in favor or IQ & performance.
No, that's not only a bullshot but the worst kind of bullshot, the one that not only is lying about how the game looks but also about how the actual game plays.

Every single thing in those shots has been perfectly positioned to make the game look more exciting than it actually is.

I think it's funny that Sony was closest to their reveals.
Knack, KZ, Driveclub, while Microsoft's almost all had downgrades.

It matches what Thuway said about MS using higher power GPU's in their kits than the retail boxes while Sony had it the other way around.

HariKari

They already used Screenshots that have been edited with CS6.
They have a history of "Bull"-Trailers (Farcry 3, Watch_Dogs). No way it will look like that.

PC version will surely deliver
a poorly optimized experience.

TheExodu5

Banned

The Division? Yeah. It wasn't a target render, so the engine and assets are in place. The only limiting factor will be the hardware, and considering that it will be getting a PC release, I don't expect any significant downgrades.

daveo42

Banned
Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.

How did this even happen. Who said "This looks great guys! Let's ship it!" after taking one look at that crowd.

The Division? Yeah. It wasn't a target render, so the engine and assets are in place. The only limiting factor will be the hardware, and considering that it will be getting a PC release, I don't expect any significant downgrades.

The Farcry-3 E3/GC-Demo also wasnt a target-render. You could play it at conventions like that.

The retail-version was still a downgrade though, even though you have all the assets. I am sure the same will happen to the Division. The Demos for conventions will look far better than the Game in the end.

Besides FC3 we saw what happened to Watch_Dogs. I am sure the next footage wont look as good as what we saw before.

SegaShack

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.

This seems like more of a design decision, they decided to go for real people instead of animated models.

Theecliff

Banned
On my PC it will.
Honestly, knowing what Ubisoft have done before - it won't.

The video's already been posted in here, but there's a comparison of Far Cry 3 at E3 with actual gameplay maxed out - and there are plenty of downgrades. I'm willing to bet Watch Dogs maxed out on PC will have things missing that were present in the reveal, too.

This seems like more of a design decision, they decided to go for real people instead of animated models.

What really matters is how they look in motion. If it helps performance and it's not noticeable when driving at high speeds, then it makes sense to go about doing it that way.

On my PC it will.

You don't know that. PC games get downgraded too. Once they start building the entire game, they realize the E3 demo they built might have been too ambitious when applied to a large scale.

I don't expect it to look that good on PC once finally released. It would be nice though...

Myansie

Since you brought up Gears of War before editing, let's remember those glorious bullshots.

jLY92Ep.jpg

Gx8HMIp.jpg

I wonder how close current gen consoles could get to that level of image quality with an upgen port. There's a few games I'd love to play again with that kind of image quality bump. I'm not planning on buying an xbox one, but if some of the games on the 360 I missed (I never owned one) from this gen got a visual upgrade like this I could be tempted.

Liamario

Banned

Of course it was a design decision... The decision went something like this.

"OK guys, the current drivers we have are shit, there's no way we can live up to the bullshots and we are out of time. Fuck the 3D crowd and lets gets some pics from google and started copying and pasting"

Top Bottom