• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullshots: How close did PS4/XB1 games come to the E3 builds? Let's see!

Windforce

ddfj.png

OK, I cheated a bit and merged/recycled stuff that was already made by me and others in the DF thread, but there you go.

123ugs3t.jpg

Giv pointz nao plz.

thanks guys. hahahahahaha

sleeping yoshida and cerny nicely hidden in the second pic :D

meanspartan

I will say that bullshots this gen so far outside of the Forza crowd aren't nearly as, well, bullshit as they used to be in last gen.

synce

The irony is not lost on me that Killzone's debut footage is the one closest to the final product.

Remember when people thought the PS3 could do this?

kz6--screenshot_large.jpg

UberTag

EA should have their right to make video games revoked by every major nation on this planet. Madden looks like a fucking Xbox game.
The only EA games I purchase any more are Need for Speed racers.
And I still feel dirty while doing so despite the fact that they're technically proficient due to the Criterion pedigree.

Otherwise that company is filled with nothing more than shysters and spin-doctors selling smoke and mirrors to a bunch of rubes who are too clueless or simply unwilling to say no.

AwShucks

The irony is not lost on me that Killzone's debut footage is the one closest to the final product.

I think you mean "could do this at that time". Because sure, it didn't look that good. But there are definitely PS3 games that do look that good and better.

Biker19

Banned
Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.

LMAO, wow. That's just embarrassing. They look like cardboard cutouts from both Mortal Kombat 1 & Cruis'n USA.

Madden 25 also look worse as well.

From what it looks to me... they took all the model and shading resources of the crowd in forza 5 and allocated it elsewhere.

Probably because most people wont be paying attention to the crowd when going so fast. Looks bad in stills, probably looks ok in motion

Rest of game looks better sans the lighting... which I'm not sure if its a downgrade in quality or a reduction in contrast yet

LOL. Of course the lighting is downgraded. It's completely gone. Look at the shadows directly under the cars as if it was noon. It's clearly not noon in this shot because you can see exactly where the sun is.

And the aliasing is far worse.

Look at the handrails in the grandstands...look at the tires in the tire wall on the left directly in front of the small group of 2D cardboard cutout people...look at the rooflines of the cars, ect.

M91z5sp.png

There's something weird going on with the AF or the DoF too.

Forza has been massively downgraded. Don't know how you can possibly say "rest of game looks better."

TJP

I got a different impression about the Forza comparison after seeing this in the OT:
i1RrG3tR54Z6W.gif

Perhaps the lighting isn't worse, but just different from the reveal?
I get a real PGR 4 vibe from the 'release' buildings. R.I.P PGR...

The FM5 crowds look like Turn10 called ISI and asked if they could use the crowds from rFactor 2 ;)

The only thing downgraded from Killzone is I was hoping they get back to the muddier grittier feel of Killzone 1 and 2 after the KZ Shadowfall reveal. they did not and even though graphically the product matches the reveal, I hope the next game goes back to that more hyper realistic feel

Tulerian

LOL. Of course the lighting is downgraded. It's completely gone. And the aliasing is far worse.

Look at the handrails in the grandstands...look at the tires in the tire wall on the left, directly in front the small group of 2D cardboard cutout people in the mid-foreground in front of the grandstands,...look at the rooflines of the cars, ect.

M91z5sp.png

There's something weird going on with the AF or the DoF too.

Forza has been massively downgraded.

The sun appears to be from the left somewhere, but where are the shadows? I can see some kind of ao like effect under the cars, which looks a little harsh, but nothing else.

ps. I'm going by the angle of the god rays on the left, which seem to indicate the sun should be hitting the road except for some area near the large building on the left. Something just looks weird to me here.

TyrantII

kz6--screenshot_large.jpg

Besides so mo-cap and particle effect, it did. KZ2 was pretty damn close.

Still, Sony learned their lesson didn't they?

I like this launch where they under sold and over provided with final builds. People nay sayed at the alphas, but title after title they've increased fidelity every build of their 1st party games. Hell, Evo's Driveclubs going to end up showing up Forza launch version.

Haunted

Forza:

That crowd...

PVp0oTL.jpg

You can even see it in the shot up there. Look at the crowd. The E3 one is all shaded and not obvious. The launch one is all shit straight out of Mortal Kombat 1.
wat

This is exactly the kind of corner-cutting last-last gen bullshit I'd hoped we had left behind by now.

Next thing you're telling me the tree branches are 2D sprites moving along with your camera as well.

Holy forza downgrade batman.

The 2D crowd I could understand, but the total change of the lighting, specially the removal of fog/volumetric effects is awful.

What is absolutely SHAMELESS though is that I've seen tv ads for Xbone TODAY showing that fake Forza bullshit :/

NBA Live and Madden SMFH, way to go EA

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Aren't MS breaking the law when they claim in adverts that the old E3 Prague build is 'in-game footage' now? Weren't laws changed fairly recently specifically to stop companies passing off stuff as in-game if it's not representative?

a916

*sees youtube screenshot as reference*

Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

But seriously, good work getting the others together, it's pretty nice to see if/how misleading they were at E3.

Demon Ice

Banned
Aren't MS breaking the law when they claim in adverts that the old E3 Prague build is 'in-game footage' now? Weren't laws changed fairly recently specifically to stop companies passing off stuff as in-game if it's not representative?

The adverts look like they come from the 30 FPS Replay mode. I guess that's technically gameplay as far as legality is concerned since you can manipulate the camera during the replay?

The sun appears to be from the left somewhere, but where are the shadows? I can see some kind of ao like effect under the cars, which looks a little harsh, but nothing else.

ps. I'm going by the angle of the god rays on the left, which seem to indicate the sun should be hitting the road except for some area near the large building on the left. Something just looks weird to me here.

This is because Forza does not use dynamic lighting. It uses pre-baked static lighting.

Top Bottom