• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bullshots: How close did PS4/XB1 games come to the E3 builds? Let's see!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
1ixxVBR.jpg

Looks fine to me honestly.

bwahahah I'm getting Being John Malchovich flashbacks.

alterno69

Banned
Forza looks downgraded cause the lightingin the reveal video was more advanced, now it's all prebaked. There's not many things i hate more than that constant ugly shadow below cars in racing games. It's so last gen.

Demon Ice

Banned
PS4 games will be looking as good as or better than their reveals because the reveals were done on devkits that had weaker hardware than the final PS4.

Microsoft did the opposite. All the Microsoft reveals are done on hardware that is more powerful than the final XB1 hardware. Ryse is the closest XB1 to match its reveal but even Crytek had to downgrade it a little.

sith ewok

If the X1 and PS4 could hit the level of that Division footage, I would be completely happy with this gen.

(Of course, I think Knack, Killzone, Ryse and Dead Rising all look gorgeous, so I guess I'm alright for now. ;) )

If the X1 and PS4 could hit the level of that Division footage, I would be completely happy with this gen.

(Of course, I think Knack, Killzone, Ryse and Dead Rising all look gorgeous, so I guess I'm alright for now. ;) )
Yes except dead rising. Really? I pre ordered the game cause it looks so fun but damn it looks very dated.

NBtoaster

This is because Forza does not use dynamic lighting. It uses pre-baked static lighting.

Static lighting still gives you well defined shadows and environments receiving light appropriately. The lighting there just looks wrong with the brightly lit tires and the dark flat road and the smudge of the building shadow.

OK, I cheated a bit and merged/recycled stuff that was already made by me and others in the DF thread, but there you go.

123ugs3t.jpg

Giv pointz nao plz.
I can respect Sub-Zero trying to give Johnny Cage a lift so he can see the race better from the back row, but I think his methods are a little misguided.

LCfiner

Bullshit. Ryse looks the same or better. Dead Rising looks the same but now has better frame rate.

dead rising was totally unshippable at E3 - it had nowhere to go but up. And it still has framerate issues.

The forza crowds and lighting are really sad. Maybe they’ll be able to create something closer to their original vision for the next one but Forza 5 is clearly compromised and not nearly as impressive as the reveal.

PS4 games will be looking as good as or better than their reveals because the reveals were done on devkits that had weaker hardware than the final PS4.

Microsoft did the opposite. All the Microsoft reveals are done on hardware that is more powerful than the final XB1 hardware. Ryse is the closest XB1 to match its reveal but even Crytek had to downgrade it a little.

Ryse is very close i agree, it seems they re allocated things to different parts of the level, and added better effects like here:

ip1ipeUEFWMO1.png

ig2FkaEE5Jsut.png

Motion blur, and wet surfaces are much much better in the newer build. Really, nobody can say that the e3 build looks better lol.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm impressed at how little bullshit came out of Sony this time around. The final game of Killzone blows away the E3 build.

ypo

Even though the Ryse gameplay comparison shots are pretty useless since it's just showing the sky and few things but the details on the mountain are completely gone in the retail version plus the mountain itself is alot lower poly.

ibt841KJ6sixiH.png

isCcWPe5jvLPs.png

Ramirez

Madden feels like a bait and switch, the one game I've played, it was literally a higher res version of current gen. But the real slap in the face was the background buildings behind the stadium still being untextured ps2 level quality garbage.

Killzone lost the next gen lighting. Could be the picture source though.

It is the picture, the lighting in the game looks MUCH better than that picture.
EDIT:I just booted up that part of the game and it looks really good in motion, but damn does it not translate to a picture very well.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZkFx08CEAAxoRn.jpg:orig
which is funny really because the lighting translates to pictures really well in other parts of the game.

Not only will that door not close when Ubisoft reveals the demo near the game's launch, you'll clip right through it. No one lies about graphics like Ubi.

I hope Ubisoft is using the delay to get the game up to a level where it should be. They playfully took a jab at GTA V, but seemed to make the right decision and work on the game some more because of whatever shortcoming they perceived in comparison to what Rockstar had reveal.

OK, I cheated a bit and merged/recycled stuff that was already made by me and others in the DF thread, but there you go.

123ugs3t.jpg

Giv pointz nao plz.

LOL

Mackins

I think Ryse actually looks much worse, I know it's a little too early to judge with no good sources at the minute though.

Also does any one think Ryse looks really jerky, animation wise, off watching the footage or is it just me?

Top Bottom