• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie Explains Why Destiny Is Not 60fps On The PS4 And Xbox One

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Never, not once, not even for a second, did I philosophize over 60 fps over 30 fps during the Alpha.

It was a powerfully fun experience and I can't wait for the final release in September. In this case, 60 fps be damned :S

I think this hits the nail, if it's smooth 30fps with no frame drops EVER, then I would prefer that to what I get with Titanfall at the moment on X1 (60fps most of the time, with drops to 20-30fps it feels like about 10% of the time).

An even, smooth experience with all that beautiful scenery and great mechanics = win for me.

Note: I will be playing on PS4 for Destiny, so have no bias here.

Alpha felt good, but I am curious to hear about the "boring" reasons, and I wish they could do 1080p at a solid 60 frames per second.

Biker19

Banned
Did you guys really expect an open world, MMOish, cross-gen space shooter to be 60fps? That's like the definition of pipe dream. It would take so much downgrading to get it at 60.

No doubt. It would've been at 30 FPS regardless even if 360/PS3 wasn't involved.

Like some posters said earlier, Bungie rarely has their games running at 60 FPS.

In other news, Nintendo first-party Wii U games regularly hit 1080/60fps. Why? No compromises. That's just what you get with multiplatform games. Nature of the beast.

LOL. Because the games themselves aren't very demanding/taxing on the hardware, that's why. Plus most of those games aren't at 1080p w/60 FPS.

Top Bottom