• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California man visits Disneyland 2,000 days in a row

Dalek

California man visits Disneyland 2,000 days in a row

ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Huntington Beach resident Jeff Reitz marked a milestone of epic proportions this week at Disneyland in Southern California. Thursday morning, Jeff walked through the turnstiles for the 2,000th consecutive day.

He started his "Happiest Journey" on Jan. 1, 2012.

When Reitz, a Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder, began his daily visits in 2012, the resort was preparing to welcome the new Cars Land in Disney California Adventure park, which opened that summer.

This month, he's visiting during the Summer of Heroes, a celebration highlighted by superhero encounters and the new Guardians of the Galaxy Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction in Disney California Adventure. Reitz said he's already experienced the ride more than a dozen times.

Reitz, an Air Force veteran, credits the parks with giving him something to look forward to each day, noting that he enjoys hearing the music as he enters, interacting with the friendly park cast members, and watching the park guests having a good time. He also enjoys the shows and attractions, including one of his favorites, the Matterhorn Bobsleds adventure.

Reitz says he plans to continue treating himself to daily park visits for as long as he can.

Interview with the guy at the link. Even Disneyland put out this press conference...

As Summer of Heroes Continues, Disneyland Resort Guest Jeff Reitz Makes his 2,000th Daily Visit to the Parks of the Disneyland Resort

ANAHEIM (June 22, 2017)–Huntington Beach resident Jeff Reitz, who has visited the parks of the Disneyland Resort every day since January 1, 2012, marked his 2,000th consecutive visit on Thursday, June 22.

When Reitz, a Disneyland Resort Annual Passholder, began his daily sojourns to Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park in 2012, the resort was preparing to welcome the exciting new Cars Land, which opened that summer.

This month he's visiting the parks during Summer of Heroes, a celebration highlighted by Super Hero encounters and the new Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT! attraction in Disney California Adventure, which Reitz already has experienced more than a dozen times. He says he looks forward to seeing the popular nighttime spectacular ”Fantasmic!" when it returns in an enhanced version on July 17 along the Rivers of America in Disneyland.

Reitz, an Air Force veteran, credits the parks with giving him something to look forward to each day, noting that he enjoys hearing the music as he enters, interacting with the friendly park cast members, and watching the park guests having a good time. He also enjoys the shows and attractions, including one of his favorites, the Matterhorn Bobsleds adventure. Reitz says he plans to continue treating himself to daily park visits for as long as he can.

06_22_2017_DL_MR2K.009-1.jpg

Spin me on a teacup if old.

Reitz, an Air Force veteran, credits the parks with giving him something to look forward to each day, noting that he enjoys hearing the music as he enters, interacting with the friendly park cast members, and watching the park guests having a good time. He also enjoys the shows and attractions, including one of his favorites, the Matterhorn Bobsleds adventure. Reitz says he plans to continue treating himself to daily park visits for as long as he can.

This strikes me as profoundly sad. And I'm not saying this to be snarky; if a friend told me that they go to an amusement park for this I'd be worried about them.

This strikes me as profoundly sad. And I'm not saying this to be snarky; if a friend told me that they go to an amusement park for this I'd be worried about them.

Why? Disneyland is really a safe haven and almost feels like as close to a utopia as you can get. I took a class where the entire unit revolved around Disneyification, and the concept to me seems dumb as fuck. We should be striving to build environments where people can live that are completely devoid of danger and less than ideal elements. If you ignore the commercialization, Disneyland is that place.

bender

What time is it?

I have the opposite read. I'm not going to assume his mental health but having something to look forward to is a good thing. I know my dogs do that for me.

A reminder that we all post on a gaming forum and many of us also check this forum daily on our platform of choice to either make us pissed or happy.

Sounds like he just wants to be around people and shit.

I refuse to believe he has gone every day though. Does he never get sick? Go anywhere outside Huntington Beach?

dead.gif

thats a pretty cool retirement, if i lived close to disney world, harry potter world, etc I'd do that too. still, i wonder how far away he is, how long the commute is, what he does for food, etc. The food inside is still super expensive, isn't it?

I hope Disney gives the guy a lifetime free pass, he deserves it.

n0razi

My brother works for Disney and gets free passes and after a week he said he never wanted to go again

Sounds like he just wants to be around people and shit.

I refuse to believe he has gone every day though. Does he never get sick? Go anywhere outside Huntington Beach?

I'm sure he probably goes for like an hour a day on some days. No way he's spending partial or even entire days there everyday. Quick stop, keep the streak going, move on with the rest of his day.

Given the current cost of annual passes without blackout dates about 5-6k.
Cheaper than an overseas vacation or two at least. 5-6k for a guaranteed avenue of fun over the course of 5.5 years isn't bad I guess. If you're reasonably close to a good theme park and like them, annual passes are the way to go. I want to say two years ago as a FL resident, Disney passes set me back about $600 for the full one with parking/no blackout dates.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

A lot of SoCal annual passholders generally like going to Disneyland to hang out. It's like the ambiance of a coffee shop you like or a park you like or teenagers hanging out at the mall or whatever. Everyone's got a space they enjoy spending time in.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
No thanks. Disneyland and Walt Disney World work best as occasional excursions. The thought of being burnt out over going to a Disney Park sounds miserable.

v1lla21

It's a cool place to chill tbh. Just go and sit and wander about. You got both parks and downtown Disney as well.

Dyle

How did he do 2000 days straight with AP blackout days? I thought there were a handful of days a year that APs couldn't come to either park.

Congratulations sir, you've won the Gumball Marathon. I would love to be able to visit a Disney park regularly, although I'd never make it to 2000 days straight

If I lived near Disney land or Disney World I would do the same thing! The Disney parks are also a great place to play Pokémon Go.

Ein Bear

Eh, I think good on him if it makes him happy. I go to work every day, this sounds way better.

Top Bottom