• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California man visits Disneyland 2,000 days in a row

Metalmarc

Hmm some Youtubers actually make a living doing this, i think fresh baked disney are there almost everyday, though i think the youtubers dont do like 2000 days straight as they go other places too, but i was suprosed to see them upload basically almost everyday there for what seemed like a month.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
Why? Disneyland is really a safe haven and almost feels like as close to a utopia as you can get. I took a class where the entire unit revolved around Disneyification, and the concept to me seems dumb as fuck. We should be striving to build environments where people can live that are completely devoid of danger and less than ideal elements. If you ignore the commercialization, Disneyland is that place.

For the Happiest Place on Earth there sure are a lot kids crying and temper tantrums.

I've been five times and that's enough really. Rather go to Knotts

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
All 2000 visits were inferior to Disney World.

I dunno, as an east coaster I usually be really big on the WDW train but after our Honeymoon trip in January I might actually be leaning towards preferring Disneyland, and that was even with the week-long torrential downpours we had to deal with.

There's something nice about your hotel being within a 10-minute walk of the front gate of the park. No 30 to 45 minute bus rides necessary.

If Epcot wasn't a shitshow I'd be hardcore on WDW but at this point it's about an even split with a slight edge to DL.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
spend your money how you will.

but dont be surprised when people call you a weirdo or sad.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
This strikes me as profoundly sad. And I'm not saying this to be snarky; if a friend told me that they go to an amusement park for this I'd be worried about them.

Face of sadness.
ohB3UIr.jpg

Hahaha. Amazing.

Sounds expensive af?

Not really. If he's a Cali resident, there's probably a discount for annual passes. Current FL annual pass prices are anywhere from $650-$750 a year for example. That's not terrible for a form of entertainment he likes that much.

I'd imagine Disneyland is in a similar ballpark.

"Mentally ill person does weird thing."

That's over 5 years. That's like doing time. He could've been traveling or seeing his family.

Also, Disney World is almost not even as good as being at work, and Epcot Center <<<< California Adventure Park. The inconvenience, the humidity, Florida... Really, my desk has free snacks and the internet. I'll stay in.

Snaku

Banned
We found the reincarnation of Walt.

I'd do this at WDW if I could afford it if I retire. My family would go there several times a year. It's my favorite place to be.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
i really hope he isnt just a pedophile going ot see kids S:

maybe im too cynical sometimes

Yeah, you are.

Don't fall into the trap of adult males being pedophiles just because they are by themselves. It's a really unfortunate mindset to have, and really does cast shadows over people.

Disneyland is amazing, for all ages, regardless of whether they have a kid or not. And in this case, the story is really fun - the guy went there every day because he was unemployed and had a season's pass. Now, 4 years later, he's lost 40 pounds from all the walking, has gainful employment, and still shows up every day because he finds joy there.

Cynicism eats at the core over time, and it warps the world around you. Keep moving away from it as best you can, because it can consume you.

"Mentally ill person does weird thing."

That's over 5 years. That's like doing time. He could've been traveling or seeing his family.

Also, Disney World is almost not even as good as being at work, and Epcot Center <<<< California Adventure Park. The inconvenience, the humidity, Florida... Really, my desk has free snacks and the internet. I'll stay in.
250px-054Psyduck.png

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Having to go to the same park for 2000 days, no matter how sick you are or how shitty the weather is, never being able to go on vacation and actually see something new, that sounds like the least fun thing you can do.It certainly corrupts the whole idea of such a park.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If someone is really into people watching, hanging out at Disneyland every day would be an excellent way to see an infinite variety stream by. People from all over the world pass through.

SeanC

Living the dream, but as another poster said I wouldn't want to go that much because I fear I'd get tired of it. A couple times a year and I feel great and like a kid every time.

theWB27

Having to go to the same park for 2000 days, no matter how sick you are or how shitty the weather is, never being able to go on vacation and actually see something new, that sounds like the least fun thing you can do.It certainly corrupts the whole idea of such a park.

People do this when going to work at a place they absolutely dread.

I swear people on GAF race to see who can make any story shitty.

I dunno, as an east coaster I usually be really big on the WDW train but after our Honeymoon trip in January I might actually be leaning towards preferring Disneyland, and that was even with the week-long torrential downpours we had to deal with.

There's something nice about your hotel being within a 10-minute walk of the front gate of the park. No 30 to 45 minute bus rides necessary.

If Epcot wasn't a shitshow I'd be hardcore on WDW but at this point it's about an even split with a slight edge to DL.

DL has a better vibe and more retro-kitsch stuff that's leftover from the 1950s. Storybook Land Canal Boats, Matterhorn, Snow White's Scary Adventures, etc.

Plus Haunted Mansion Holiday. And the Indiana Jones ride.

I'd take DL over WDW. I go to the latter a lot more because of proximity.

Acyl

If he lives nearby then it's not that ridiculous at all. The park closes at midnight. He has the annual passes so he can just go anytime without paying extra. Probably goes in the early morning, has some fun, goes home when the lines get long. Or if he's bored in the evening he can go on some rides at night.

Every single day for more than 5 years is a lot but its not like he goes from 8am-midnight every day. It's not hard just to go in for an hour or two as a local I guess. If I lived nearby I would definitely go in for a ride or two at night all the time with an annual pass.

Top Bottom