• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

California man visits Disneyland 2,000 days in a row

Nothing is a bigger red flag to me of someone I’d never want to ever speak to than a “Disney” person.

The idea someone can go to Disneyland that often makes me feel actually uncomfortable.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
DL has a better vibe and more retro-kitsch stuff that's leftover from the 1950s. Storybook Land Canal Boats, Matterhorn, Snow White's Scary Adventures, etc.

Plus Haunted Mansion Holiday. And the Indiana Jones ride.

I'd take DL over WDW. I go to the latter a lot more because of proximity.

Unfortunately we didn't get to ride the canal boats or Casey Jr. as they both broke down while we were waiting and we couldn't make time for it later.

And of course the railroad is out due to Star Wars land.

theWB27

Nothing is a bigger red flag to me of someone I’d never want to ever speak to than a “Disney” person.

The idea someone can go to Disneyland that often makes me feel actually uncomfortable.

The idea that you get uncomfortable about a story about a person doing something that brings him joy and doesn't hurt him nor other people is...something.

Considering the news is being reported on 2 Disney owed websites and the sheer amount of #hashtags he puts on his tweets, the cynic in me might be inclined to say he's a shill.

aBarreras

Yeah, you are.

Don't fall into the trap of adult males being pedophiles just because they are by themselves. It's a really unfortunate mindset to have, and really does cast shadows over people.

Disneyland is amazing, for all ages, regardless of whether they have a kid or not. And in this case, the story is really fun - the guy went there every day because he was unemployed and had a season's pass. Now, 4 years later, he's lost 40 pounds from all the walking, has gainful employment, and still shows up every day because he finds joy there.

Cynicism eats at the core over time, and it warps the world around you. Keep moving away from it as best you can, because it can consume you.

being honest i kinda envy him, having the opportunity to visit the park everyday is kinda great

also i have never go to disneyland, when i went to us, we went for universal studios

no regrets so far

and Mr. Fucking Toad.

And the full length Pirates of the Caribbean (it's shortened at WDW), though they've ruined it some with Jack Sparrow stuff at all locations.

Disneyland had the class to not ruin the Tiki Room with Gilbert Gottfreid shit for 20 years like they did at WDW. Fortunately that has been rectified.

Lifeline

bdrSIiw.jpg

Perfect

Tagyhag

Good for him, I hope I can be happy when I retire as well.

i really hope he isnt just a pedophile going ot see kids S:

maybe im too cynical sometimes

Lol you're like one of those parents at the park that asks a dad for proof that the child is his because mom isn't around.

I dunno, as an east coaster I usually be really big on the WDW train but after our Honeymoon trip in January I might actually be leaning towards preferring Disneyland, and that was even with the week-long torrential downpours we had to deal with.

There's something nice about your hotel being within a 10-minute walk of the front gate of the park. No 30 to 45 minute bus rides necessary.

If Epcot wasn't a shitshow I'd be hardcore on WDW but at this point it's about an even split with a slight edge to DL.

You take that back! EPCOT is the best goddamn Disney park for adults in existence! Back when I was a kid it was my least favorite but when I went back as an adult it was my favorite! Its especially great if you go during the fall's Food and Wine festival. You'll dine and wine like champs!

Loxley

Hey, if it makes the guy genuinely happy and he can afford to do it, power to him. There are definitely less interesting or active ways to spend your retirement.

t0va

I mean, that's a lot of time he could have spent exploring new hobbies or interests. To me that's like eating at the same restaurant 5 years straight. I admire his passion, but Disney might not be the only thing he's capable of being passionate about. Too much of anything you love can dimish its intrigue. I acknowledge that he may have other interests, though I doubt it. How many, when not playing games, are on GAF researching or discussing games? I'm betting he's on the Disney train inside and outside the park. Sounds pretty OCD to me but if he is genuinely happy then my reasoning doesn't really matter.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My wife and i did one day splitting time between Land and Cal Adv and we got our fill. Can't imagine going that often. We really didn't see the draw.

Toparaman

Banned
I imagine one of the benefits of being old is that you don't have to give a fuck anymore.

If I make it to retirement I would just catch up on my backlog of geeky shit every day. I'd still work out and eat right though so that I would be in good health.

How does this dude manage to go so many times while making bank? Does he even have time to have a career to earn the money?

I want the receipts!

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
How does this dude manage to go so many times while making bank? Does he even have time to have a career to earn the money?

I want the receipts!

It's ok if you don't read the sources. But at least read the OP. Your question might be answered right there.

"Mentally ill person does weird thing."

That's over 5 years. That's like doing time. He could've been traveling or seeing his family.

Also, Disney World is almost not even as good as being at work, and Epcot Center <<<< California Adventure Park. The inconvenience, the humidity, Florida... Really, my desk has free snacks and the internet. I'll stay in.

Maybe he doesnt have family.

Faiz

Well, whole buncha people in this thread you could go right ahead and killfile then. &#128514;

Top Bottom