• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare E3 2016 Demo

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pretty funny that a new COD has way more impressive space battle setpieces and space armada dogfighting than a certain long-running franchise about friggin' space marines has ever attempted or achieved.

Pretty funny that a new COD has way more impressive space battle setpieces and space armada dogfighting than a certain long-running franchise about friggin' space marines has ever attempted or achieved.

But Warhammer 40k has completely different type of games, so that's an unfair comparison!

;)

SkylineRKR

I will be honest. I was not expecting CoD to pop up at the end of that trailer and from the looks of it most everyone else wasn't either. Seriously I thought this was either Titanfall or an extension of EVE Valkyrie or hell even a console port of Squardron 42 from Star Citizen. I was genuinely impressed at the graphical fidelity, the setting and art style, and hell yeah even the gameplay looked great. Seriously though that grappling hook had me thinking of several other games than this especially after TF2. Really impressed. May pick up a CoD game for the first time in years.

Yes.

I thought I was watching EVE. Space battles looked good, then I saw the guy getting out of his jet and was sort of disappointed as it became a linear FPS, but it still didn't look bad with the gravity and grappling hook. Then I saw the CoD logo.

Though I dislike the series since MW2, I'll admit it looked good.

What does the "campaign 30 days early for PS4" mean? The campaign for MW1 remaster is not going to be available for 30 days for other platforms?

Zackat

Yes.

I thought I was watching EVE. Space battles looked good, then I saw the guy getting out of his jet and was sort of disappointed as it became a linear FPS, but it still didn't look bad with the gravity and grappling hook. Then I saw the CoD logo.

Though I dislike the series since MW2, I'll admit it looked good.

It's the first time since the WW2 CoD games that I have been legitimately interested in a CoD game. It just looks like fun to play.

jond76

Banned
Streaming on IGN now.

Dev says the ship stuff is not on rails and its not a one off mission. You'll be going back to the ship again and again.

This is shaping up.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Streaming on IGN now.

Dev says the ship stuff is not on rails and its not a one off mission. You'll be going back to the ship again and again.

This is shaping up.

indeed. been ages since ive been interested in cod

Velikost

That doesn't answer my question.

Does this mean the MW1 campaign won't be available for other platforms for 30 days after launch?

If you preorder the digital bundle on PS4, 30 days before the game is set to release, you will be able to play through the MW Remastered campaign. That's how I understand it, anyways.

jediyoshi

That doesn't answer my question.

Does this mean the MW1 campaign won't be available for other platforms for 30 days after launch?

DocCegu.png

Lebneney

Banned
Looks really promising. If the multiplayer delivers, I might be playing this more than Battlefield 1 for the time being (especially because BF1, imo, is sorta a BF4 skin :/).

JUST PLEASE DON'T RUIN THE GAME WITH WEAPON SUPPLY DROPS!

LOOKING AT YOU BLACK OPS 3 AND ADVANCED WARFARE.

HussiZooT

Still can't wrap my head around how pleasantly surprised I was with this.

And that map in the war room reminded me of Mass Effect, with all the planets and what not.

Can we visit multiple planets? Can we have side missions on those planets? If so, this is game is definitely a must buy for me.

Dueck

Banned
I hated the original trailer. I wrote the game off and thought it was more CoD trash. The E3 demo had me open-minded, because I wasn't sure what it even was at first. By the time I figured it out, I was so into it that any prejudices were void. Even my wife thought it looked alright, and MW2 was the last one she liked.

I'll just throw it on my Christmas list... Unless the MW hype becomes real.

I knew it was Call of Duty from the start but I was definitely impressed with what I saw. Once the title showed up, I just knew people would go from "Dude this looks amazing!" to "I hate Call of Duty", which is a shame. It's pretty insane nowadays how fickle people are.

That being said, I'd totally play the single player campaign. I know its Infinity Ward, but they seem to have taken a lot of the fun aspects from Advanced Warfare's campaign. Not too sure about multiplayer, but Black Ops 3 is still serviceable.

Best wishes.

Kalentan

I won't buy the game, but I think it looks good and the dislike is really childish.

Even the Sony channel interview has a decent bit of dislikes. With such riveting comments like: "Just came to dislike" (which was upvoted) or "Fastest I've ever disliked something."

It's honestly why I can't take the dislike stuff seriously. It comes off as a bunch of man children.

Fady K

That looked great until the real gameplay started lol

Remember when it wasn't really about that though?

Good lord, Andrews! I don't recall seeing you online in like, what, five years :0?

Edit: I realize you've most more often than that haha but I didn't bump into any of your posts since many years ago. Hope you are well bro!

TP-DK

I had no idea it was cod when I saw the trailer. I have stayed away from cod since mw3, but Im considering getting this.

FeD.nL

In the IGN interview they state that you have full freedom when piloting your Jackal. Don't know how they did it but I'm pretty excited for the campaign now. Just a really solid demo.

edit: Also states that there are no load screens.

Duxxy3

Hated it. Nothing new on that front. Shouldn't be called Call of Duty. Advanced Warfare shouldn't have been called Call of Duty either.

Kalentan

In the IGN interview they state that you have full freedom when piloting your Jackal. Don't know how they did it but I'm pretty excited for the campaign now. Just a really solid demo.

edit: Also states that there are no load screens.

Yeah. A lot of this was mentioned after the inital trailer but was kind of ignored since people where on the dislike train.

I wish they could release the full demo that we saw at E3 and show those moments inbetween the noticable cuts.

Hated it. Nothing new on that front. Shouldn't be called Call of Duty. Advanced Warfare shouldn't have been called Call of Duty either.

It's not called Advanced Wafare and more so.. It has the gameplay of Call of Duty, the customization, the gun feeling, kill streaks and so on. It's Call of Duty.

Mikey Jr.

This looks legitimately good.

Sad people auto dislike because it's cod. "herp a derp year cod dies because of bf1".

Like, shut up. Honestly.

M.W.

The gameplay footage was more exciting than BF1 to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm getting BF1, but after watching the MP gameplay, it didn't do much for me.

Here's hoping the MP for IW is as crazy as the SP shown.

kaskade

I'm guessing that early MW stuff is going to be through purchasing from PSN? I can't see that working on Amazon since you can just cancel when you get a code. I just want my 20% off.

Getting it a month early would be nice though so we can play through there without it competing too much with IW which actually looks much cooler than I was expecting.

Top Bottom