• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare E3 2016 Demo

Keasar

Im getting the impression that I was the one of few who knew it was CoD immediatly cause I recognized the space suit style and the Lebanese flag on the womans arm. :p

It actually surprised me how fun it looked by the end. They have my interest piqued as someone who is not really tired of sci-fi. I think people gave sci-fi less time overall than they gave zombies whic is still fucking everywhere.

biteren

Im getting the impression that I was the one of few who knew it was CoD immediatly cause I recognized the space suit style and the Lebanese flag on the womans arm. :p

It actually surprised me how fun it looked by the end. They have my interest piqued as someone who is not really tired of sci-fi. I think people gave sci-fi less time overall than they gave zombies whic is still fucking everywhere.

i thought it was Titanfall 2 at first, then i saw the bald dude on the bottom of the screen from the teaser trailer

FeD.nL

Looks like a ton of fun. Seems the 3-year dev cycle really did IW well. Loved seeing the starmap and just being able to select a mission from there, wonder if that factors into gameplay. Like not doing a specific mission might make another harder.

But still this demo sold me on IW.

I just had to fend your hyperbolic statement that Titanfall 2 looks "hideous" with an even more hyperbolic statement, thus cancelling eachother out and restoring balance to NeoGAF.

I just watched the multiplayer trailer again in 1080p and I stand by my statement. The art direction is terrible and it makes the game look hideous. It's a technically competent game but the art direction.....smh.

I initially thought this was some colony wars vr game , so it was abit disappointing that it was just another cod :p

Oh well maybe next year ..

i could tell it was COD right away.

also, it seemed like SO much was going on at the same time, even for a COD campaign. it was a little overwhelming while watching the conference.

bombshell

This was a way better demo than I had feared.

Also interesting to see Jamie Gray Hyder (Echo in Killzone Shadow Fall) in a new role.

Astrates

I have to say I think they did a great job. Very smart not to taint opinion on the game by immediately showing the title, and it's such a step away from the norm for them it took a while to recognise it.

Well done, very well done indeed.

KonradLaw

Ok, this looked fun as hell. I hope the no gravity levels will dominate instead of appearing just from time to time \.

Mathieran

Banned
Never played or cared about CoD before, so I found myself surprised that this looks pretty fun! I'm sure the campaign will be short, so I will probably pick it up when it's cheap.

kyser73

I was going to get this just for the CoD4 remake, but fuck me yeah! Oo-RAH etc etc

Also knew it was CoD from the pinging noise and map right at the start...

Freak

This blew me away, I haven't cared about COD since MW2 but damn this is pulling me in.

Not being a COD fan since MW2, and with COD gradually loosing its brand identity with every iteration, i really wasnt interested and didnt bother watching the announcement trailer.
So when i saw this last night i thought it was Squadron 42, the single player Star Citizen thing... then the title name was shown at the end... mind blown! :)

WaLlbaNg

It looked really static and flowless during the gunfighing scenes for a CoD, I just recognised it by the hitmarkers and gunfire. I hope the mp part looks better, but after Ghosts I am incredible sceptical

This kind blew me away. It's gonna get shit all over for being COD but if this was some new IP people would be losing it.

This is how I currently feel. If the demo wasn't CoD, I'd assume it to be representative of the game, now that I know it's CoD, I assume it is a slice of a cool mission sequence (they've always had them,and do them quite well) but will not be so great for the rest of it. Know what I mean?

I stopped COD after black ops, but that trailer was incredible. I wasn't sure if it was COD at first because it looked so different, but either way I was shocked. I may actually consider picking this up.

Somehow, even if its the most ludicrous CoD Demo I've seen, I think it just cope well as a power fantasy of space combat... Because how distant real comtemporary setting and over the top it is.

I couldn't get into normal soldier being litteraly superman.

But here, breaching a space ship bridge, knee kick into a dude space visor, casually decompressing an air lock and hanging to something, all that in 3 minutes, sure, its felt so sureal, yet fun.

It's like they totally embraced their over the topness and have fun with it, instead of trying hard to be half action hero movie game half forced drama.

Machina

Banned
So for 60 dollars, you're getting a remaster of the greatest CoD ever, plus a new CoD that actually looks amazing for the first time pretty much since the same game that is packed in with it.

What a turnaround this game has seen in the past 24 hours.

I dont post very often...just wanted to give my thoughts.

I, like some of you didnt know this was COD at first. About halfway through the gameplay i guessed that it was. And by the end of it was actually pleasantly surprised.

I havent played a COD since Black Ops 2. Every iteration that came out since has done nothing for me personally and i found myself skipping the last few. But this was the first time in a long time i truly had my interest peaked from the franchise.

They should have showed something like this instead of the lame trailer we got a while back everyone is hating on. Admittedly i hated it too but Im glad they came out with something way more interesting to look at this time around. And i have to admit i was wrong. This looks like the first COD in a while i might want to pick up now.

Sadly i noticed this morning all the new footage on youtube is getting down voted to hell and back again. And in my opinion is a shame. Cause to me this looks like it could be a fun COD.

Froli

Almost everyone is shitting on this and turns out, it looks great (based on the trailer)
I was laughing so hard at itmejp's stream, because chat was getting hyped and when it turned out to be COD, they got confused lol

nOoblet16

Every year you'll hear a bunch of people say regarding that year's COD.

"This is the first COD that has interested me since *insert their fav COD game*"
"This is the first time COD has looked good since *insert their fav COD game*"
"COD hasn't been good since *insert their fav COD game*, this looks different"

Heard it last year for BO3, the year before for AW, the year before for Ghosts (although not as much but there were people who liked the grounded approach), the year before for BO2 and so on. I feel like they caught the COD haters off guard by not revealing what it was until the end, the people who hate COD just because of the name sure must have been confused.

Ofcourse this will be downvoted to hell since it's COD, despite the fact that each COD games have been radically different gameplay wise since BO2, and something like BF1 which is the same BF with a WW1 coat of paint will get upvoted for being different.

cooldawn

Looked great.

Some of the reactions online were just...embarassing.

Like "oh this looks cool"..."whoa space battles"..."wait a minute...this is Call of Duty?"...""looks bad"... "Titanfall looks better"..."fucking Activision".
Maybe some context would help because I had the same feeling.

Before the reel Sony was showing PSVR games and this bled in to that seamlessly. So, I initially though it looked good for a PSVR game...and then I realised it wasn't.

So yeah, it didn't look as good as I thought it could in the end. But you know, it's Call of Duty and in recent years it's never looked technically demanding.

Still, that Modern Warfare Remaster. Yum.

Shin-chan

I honestly thought this was going to turn into the RIGS singleplayer mode - the game even referred to the guys RIG! And it was during the PS VR section.

Colour me surprised, though. I doubt I will buy it still, just because I expect a standard 6 hour campaign with a ton of multiplayer focus which doesn't interest me these days.

Nice to see they're doing something that looks fun and new for the franchise, though.

nOoblet16

Maybe some context would help because I had the same feeling.

Before the reel Sony was showing PSVR games and this bled in to that seamlessly. So, I initially though it looked good for a PSVR game...and then I realised it wasn't.

So yeah, it didn't look as good as I thought it could in the end. But you know, it's Call of Duty and in recent years it's never looked technically demanding.

Still, that Modern Warfare Remaster. Yum.

What are you even talking about? Advanced Warfare was one of the best looking games when it came out and is still among the best. And if you are to purely go into tech then BO3 pushes tech quite a bit with how many advanced rendering features it uses for a tittle that aims for 60FPS (though never really hits it in SP but that shows that it is technically demanding). Infact, even on PC it requires a pretty good PC to run it at max.

Demo shown on Sony's presser floored me. Literally. So good, so fun, so new that when they reveal name of that game i was shocked. I knew that this year CoD will be good but i never thought it will be so fucking awesome. Can't wait. I'm so hyped and i'm lovin' it ;)

Fbh

Lol it took me like a minute or two to realize the VR segment of the show was over.

It was like
"oh cool another space combat VR game"
"Oh wow you can get out of your ship and there are shooting sections"
"Finally a VR game that look awesome on its own and not just like a tech demo!"
"Wait... this looks too good to be VR"
"Ok this clearly isn't VR"

Freak

Sadly i noticed this morning all the new footage on youtube is getting down voted to hell and back again. And in my opinion is a shame. Cause to me this looks like it could be a fun COD.

I bet if this wasn't a COD game it wouldnt be getting the hate it is. which, as you say is a shame as it looks like fun.

I knew it was COD the moment they started calling the main character Rheas. I remember reading the name of the main protagonist a few weeks earlier.

But even I was surprised by the crazy space battles and seamless transition into ground combat even though I knew it was COD.

Camwi

Every year you'll hear a bunch of people say regarding that year's COD.

"This is the first COD that has interested me since *insert their fav COD game*"
"This is the first time COD has looked good since *insert their fav COD game*"
"COD hasn't been good since *insert their fav COD game*, this looks different"

Heard it last year for BO3, the year before for AW, the year before for Ghosts (although not as much but there were people who liked the grounded approach), the year before for BO2 and so on. I feel like they caught the COD haters off guard by not revealing what it was until the end, the people who hate COD just because of the name sure must have been confused.

Ofcourse this will be downvoted to hell since it's COD, despite the fact that each COD games have been radically different gameplay wise since BO2, and something like BF1 which is the same BF with a WW1 coat of paint will get upvoted for being different.

You are correct on everything.

cooldawn

What are you even talking about? Advanced Warfare was one of the best looking games when it came out and is still among the best. And if you are to purely go into tech then BO3 pushes tech quite a bit with how many advanced rendering features it uses for a tittle that aims for 60FPS (though never really hits it in SP but that shows that it is technically demanding). Infact, even on PC it requires a pretty good PC to run it at max.
I've haven't been wowed by a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare. The jump from Call of Duty 3 to that was immense...but I think that was because it was a completely different engine.

These incremental updates on a per-game basis aren't anything like as impressive compared to other engines, but they usually perform at a pretty solid rate.

specdot

This kind blew me away. It's gonna get shit all over for being COD but if this was some new IP people would be losing it.

Well, I was impressed anyway. Looks like they're actually trying this year.
These were my thoughts exactly. Game looks great. Can't wait to play it.

Fularu

Banned
I've haven't been wowed by a Call of Duty game since Modern Warfare. The jump from Call of Duty 3 to that was immense...but I think that was because it was a completely different engine.

These incremental updates on a per-game basis aren't anything like as impressive compared to other engines, but they usually perform at a pretty solid rate.

Up till Black Ops 2 CoD ran on a modified Quake 3 Arena engine (from CoD to Black Ops 2)

MilkyJoe

Not feeling it.

And who stole the Scorpion "Get over here" from who? CoD or TitanFall 2?

And that Space battle, too much shit cluttering up the screen.

Every year I say I'm not going to get back into COD because I'm awful at the MP and would only be playing it for the story. And last year I broke that and got BO3. I think I'm gonna break it again for IW.

Kane1345

Honestly I didn't know what it was until the COD logo came up at the end. I was also actually really impressed with it. Might actually get it

Always liked the Campaigns but not feeling this one. Surprised people couldn't tell is was CoD straight away. I got it when the button prompt to open the door came up.

Will buy for MW1 and then sell on.

Top Bottom