• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Trilogy on Amazon

If there's a mode where all maps including DLC are in a playlist and there are dedicated servers (only CoD4 had dedicated servers and that was on PC only), I'll be in, especially if there's a decent gap between this and the next Full CoD release.

If not, I'll skip.

I'll take it.

I will also take w@w, Blops 1 and 2 remastered too.

Surely it won't launch any where close to IW that would be crazy.

GlamFM

Banned
xSolVGg.png

#happening

FYI, Robert used to be the community manager at IW.

im_dany

JD_2020 also tweeted about it, wasn't he the community manager at 3arc?

Also I hate fourzerotwo. I remember him during the first cod xp screaming "no last stand" then they included final stand.

MW 2 for me please (so I hope a digital version of each game will be available).

Last CoD I really enjoyed.(multi-player mostly). Highrise and Terminal <3

This makes me excited because it means there could be a chance of a Black Ops remaster. Best CoD ever, imo.

I don't expect this "remaster" to be more than the PC version on ultra settings. Is a nice upgrade over the sub-HD last gen versions.

GlamFM

Banned
Chû Totoro;202107297 said:
MW 2 for me please (so I hope a digital version of each game will be available).

Last CoD I really enjoyed.(multi-player mostly). Highrise and Terminal <3

Scrapyard!

how would he know though? He doesnt work for activision anymore last I heard.

He's likely still good friends with people there, which means he would've heard something. He tweeted that a few hours before the official CoD and IW Twitter accounts started hinting at stuff, so they probably gave him the greenlight to drop a hint as well.

I would, along with Survival, which had no business being as fun as it is

Me and my mate would get drunk and play the underground level all night long. Wave 46 was our best. Very co ordinated and so mhxb fun. If this has survival then i will purchase no questions asked

PSOreo

If this includes multiplayer mode of even just a selection of maps across all three games that would sell me instantly. I doubt most people would buy this collection only for the singleplayer campaign.

I'm really hoping for a return of 1v1 Catch match, that was mine and my best friend's life in our last two years of high school.

I'm one of those weird folk that only played CoD (the warfare series at least) for the single player and would dip in and out of the multiplayer. I'd be all over those first 2 campaigns but I couldn't tell you a single thing about the 3rd. Apart from that space bit...?

Playing a remastered 'All Ghillied Up' though? Gimme!

Sports games are different though, they're mostly a ton of minor tweaks and a roster update.

Call Of Duty 4 and Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3 are different games with different stories and a different time zone
I understand that, and the game we get every year is a significant successor in every way, and it happens every year, so why have one year of a remaster, you know?
Current CoD's play MUCH more differently compared to the Modern Warfare's. It might be annualized, but that doesn't mean the gameplay actually stays the same.
Shocking
I know. I've played a whole lot of cod 6 and 7, and 8, I skipped blops 2, did ghosts & advanced warfare but i didn't really like blops 3.
Definitely not the same thing at all.

Call of Duty 4 was a huge moment in the first person shooter genre. It changed them forever. A lot of people have very fond memories of that game.

No one remembers NBA 2K10, and I play that series almost every year.
I wasn't trying to say it's the exact same thing, what is the same though is that they're annual releases.
Bad comparison.

This is probably hands down one of the worst comparisons I've seen in a while.
They're both annualized franchises. You can't compare that aspect?
But sports game are already annual remasters of the same game.
Where have I heard this before
I'd like a Remastered 2K11 so I can play true Crew mode with better servers.

I'd be completely into a remaster of the original 2K, with locked 2K cam and even the original rosters.

Were 2K11 and the original significantly different than what comes out every year?

StylusX

Would be there day one for COD 4 remaster IF they remove no scoping and tone down the grenade spam. That would make it the perfect COD game for me!

BSsBrolly

Banned
Dammit, if this turns out to be true. So much for Gears 4 and titanfall 2 this winter. I'll be playing MW multi all day, every day.

Pop

COD4 remaster without mp, then you might as well not even do it. Would piss off way more people waiting to buy than people who buy blindly.

It's gotta include mp. And if so, sign me the fuck up.

SillyJoe

xSolVGg.png

#happening

FYI, Robert used to be the community manager at IW.

The stealth clown himself? It's confirmed. (Not like that wasn't already obvious!)

I can't wait -- CoD4 was killer. Imagine if they released mod tools too. I miss promod/deathrun.

Jeb

Anyone else hoping MW2'sSpec Ops is in this?

Best thing about the MWs, would be an instant purchase for me.

GlamFM

Banned
And Backlot, and Ambush, and Crossfire, and...

CoD4's maps as a whole are so fucking good. Maybe my favorite on-disc maps in any shooter. Map designers were on fucking fire.

There were maybe 2 maps that I liked less, but I did not straight up dislike any map in COD4.

Best maps ever.

Top Bottom