• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: WWII Reveal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

C-SBGfvUIAENhrO.jpg

This is more like what a new Day of Defeat would look like.

-hadouken

Let them have their colors.
To me they are easy sniping targets XD
If they opt for the full snowflake customisation program, I won't be picking it up. Hopefully they realise that this game needs immersion to succeed. Hold those the purple camos for the 2018 game.

I'm pretty excited, i play very often black Ops 3 such a great game but the supply drops system is horrible, I'm going to start saving money for the game i still remember people getting mad when world at war came out they were bored of too much WWII games haha times changes.

WW2 would really benefit from desrtuctible environments and I don't have faith this game will feature that.

So I'm really not interested if it plays very similarly to Medal of Honor, which was released 15 years ago. Where would the progression be.

MadYarpen

I hope we will see some new parts of the WWII.
September 39 in Poland, France 40... I just hope it won't be omaha beach etc again.

nOoblet16

The twist...This is alternate history where the soldiers stumble onto alien tech and start developing exosuits to get an edge in the war.

hypotc

Anyone think they will include something with concentration camps in the campaign? Something like we see in Band of Brothers. No Russian comes to mind, and that definitely shocked some people.

Anyways, can't wait to play a triple-A WW2 single player campaign again. MoH:AA was my favorite FPS back when it released.

*ping*

dh4niel

I don't understand why people wanted a return to WWII. Didn't those people have enough of the setting the first time around?

MadYarpen

You are going to get D-Day and Stalingrad for the 156th time and you will like it!

Yeah, but why only this? This war was so long and diverse.

so you want to see Poland get invaded while everyone stands around, and you want to see France waving the white flag?

I think there is a potential for good campaigns there. One could end with escape via Romania to GB, and the other with Dunkirk to have some sort of good ending. And you could go through France twice in both directions to have mandatory D-Day and what was after in the game.

MadYarpen

Oh, and I also don't want any Soviet campaign. I know the winners write the history... But it should be considered just as controversial as German campaign.

I don't understand why people wanted a return to WWII. Didn't those people have enough of the setting the first time around?

It's been nearly a decade since the last AAA FPS WWII game. Once something is away for that long people will start to miss it. People are also excited to see what that war could look like with modern hardware.

I'm so hyped for this. I didn't like the modern CoDs besides MW 1 so this will be the first CoD in ages for me. I just want Toujane so I can chill 24/7 on there like I used to in CoD2. Make it happen fam.

I hope that semi-auto and bolt action rifles get priority over SMGs and LMGs.

I never got tired of WWII. Battlefield 1943 was my favorite FPS last gen.

Also, they need to still let you play as a woman in multiplayer despite the setting. Battlefield 1 made the mistake of not doing so.

Fishook

I may pick this up if it's got a length decent length single player campaign. PC has got a few decent WWII multiplayer focused games.

I lasted 15 min's with Battlefields Beta, The vast majority of troops in WW1/2 used rifles rather than SMG etc. I love the era to bits, but I want it to have some sort of realism to it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What are the odds the campaign features a mission where you play as a female soldier who gives birth on the battle field and gets sewn up with a snake shaped scar as an omega reference to The Boss from Metal Gear Solid?

Be honest.

What are the odds the campaign features a mission where you play as a female soldier who gives birth on the battle field and gets sewn up with a snake shaped scar as an omega reference to The Boss from Metal Gear Solid?

Be honest.

Treyarch would do it

I'm totally hyped. If it's a really grounded interpretation of the WWII this will be the first CoD game I'll play since Black Ops 1 (everything went to shit after this one).

The modern and futuristic overstayed its welcome and I'm installing classic CoD, CoD 2 and some MOH just for a WW2 extravaganza this weekend.

(Man, I still remember the goosebumps I had in that MOH Spearhead opening scene, with the jumps in the occupied Normandy).

I'm totally hyped. If it's a really grounded interpretation of the WWII this will be the first CoD game I'll play since Black Ops 1 (everything went to shit after this one).

The modern and futuristic overstayed its welcome and I'm installing classic CoD, CoD 2 and some MOH just for a WW2 extravaganza this weekend.

(Man, I still remember the goosebumps I had in that MOH Spearhead opening scene, with the jumps in the occupied Normandy).

I'm doing the same thing lol

Medal of Honor Allied Assault and it's expansions, as well as Call of Duty 1 & 2 are my favorite World War II games.

Here's hoping that Call Of Duty: WWII can equal or even top them ;)

MadYarpen

Naw. I want a Soviet campaign like CoD2 and the building collapse at the end of the Demolition level.

https://youtu.be/M9eT4RrknkY?t=14m8s

Even if it's DLC.

I don't mind the Soviet campaign as such. And this one you posted was indeed awesome. But what I don't like is that it is treated different than German side of the war. If we can't get German campaign because it is "wrong", why do we get Soviet? But I guess this is not the place to discuss this.

I'm curious how linear the levels will be. COD 2 and 4 had some areas that were pretty open but then I played the Treyarch Black ops games which are extremely linear pretty much entirely proceeding down a corridor or an area blocked off by debris guiding you one way. I want a bit more openness in this game.

If we're getting Normandy, I just want a tonne of soldiers on screen... like a tonne.
It was the largest seaborne landing in history... it could at least look like it.

Same with market-garden, I want to see a shitload of chutes.

If we're getting Normandy, I just want a tonne of soldiers on screen... like a tonne.
It was the largest seaborne landing in history... it could at least look like it.

Same with market-garden, I want to see a shitload of chutes.

Agreed.

For it's time, Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault had an incredible number of NPC's on-screen, but it's extremely dated now and compared to the actual landing/assault, it was pathetic.

Medal of Honor: Frontline was far worse - due to the limitations of the PS2, it looked like you were storming Omaha Beach with like 8 friends lol

https://youtu.be/1HvcqXd0cf8

Alienous

Also, they need to still let you play as a woman in multiplayer despite the setting. Battlefield 1 made the mistake of not doing so.

I don't know about that - I'd prefer them not compromising the aesthetic realism of a WWII game. If they decide to augment the visuals with strange weapon camos or outfits then sure, but otherwise that just seems like it would undermine the effort put into achieving visual and audio authenticity.

I don't know about that - I'd prefer them not compromising the aesthetic realism of a WWII game. If they decide to augment the visuals with strange weapon camos or outfits then sure, but otherwise that just seems like it would undermine the effort put into achieving visual and audio authenticity.

Women fought for the soviet army in Stalingrad. If the russians are in (hopefully), then they could put women in the multiplayer without breaking the realism.

Here we go. Today's the day. Looking forward to this. Back to boots on the ground since all that AW booster jumping across the map bollocks came on the scene. First time I've been excited for COD in 4 years.

Winthorpe

Banned
Really looking forward to this.

I hope the game features a rakish British RAF pilot with a sublime pencil moustache. He could appear in the background, stumbling out of a lady's bedroom window, murmuring 'I appear to have misplaced my pantaloons'.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
If they're going to have killstreaks, customisable guns, and all other kinds of anachronisms, then they should include women as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom