• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: WWII Reveal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the Soviet campaign as such. And this one you posted was indeed awesome. But what I don't like is that it is treated different than German side of the war. If we can't get German campaign because it is "wrong", why do we get Soviet? But I guess this is not the place to discuss this.

I get you, I totally do. Especially after learning about the german army, their culture, and general psychology. It's fascinating and eye opening. Some of them weren't blatantly villainous, but just outstanding soldiers fighting on the wrong side.

I would love a German campaign highlighting bravery, brotherhood, and honorable soldier acts. Would be so unique and could break new ground in the historical approach.

Would highlight the travesty of war all the more.

zsynqx

tumblr_mo4kylWdWe1qidq4oo1_500.gif

faridmon

I really don't want a WWII, but again, I never liked the Future Sci-fi Call of Duty games.

Hope one that sets in the current time is planned years later. Modern Warfare 1 and 2 and Black ops are my favourite ones.

maxmars

Playing World at War multiplayer on Wii, with IR aiming, was probably my best memory of the CoD franchise. It saddens me that there won't be such an option this time.

I really don't want a WWII, but again, I never liked the Future Sci-fi Call of Duty games.

Hope one that sets in the current time is planned years later. Modern Warfare 1 and 2 and Black ops are my favourite ones.

Hopefully Infinity Ward keeps Infinite Warfare but MP drops jetpacks and wall running.
Black Ops keeps near future however it can bounce around within the story like W@W-BO2

Sledgehammer can do whatever as long as it doesn't get too similar to the others.

BO4 MP - jetpacks, wall running, future stuff.
IW2 MP - mixture of timeliness, futuristic historical simulation, standard movement.
Sledgehammer MP - strictly follows campaign.

Chumley

Banned
wait a sec, has anyone in these hype threads even thought of the Pacific front?

There's a reason it historically hasn't been as popular as the Western front in pop culture. From a purely superficial standpoint, it just wasn't as visually dynamic (mostly islands), and the horrors of the warfare itself were so bad that movies and games didn't know how to approach it for a while. Of course, Europe had the holocaust, but the Germans in combat weren't nearly as nuts as the Japanese were between the kamikaze attacks, seppuku, and false flag surrendering.

True story, I saw Saving Private Ryan in the theater back in '98 as a 15 year old....

That was... an intense experience and I literally had no idea what Normandy was until then

coastel

I know bf1 has showed us how good ww1 looks in current gen, but it's going to be great seeing ww2 on this gens consoles.

13ruce

Banned
If the coop mode is zombies again then i hope it's oldskool Nazi Zombies. The Easter Egg stuff got a bit out of hand and more tailered at youtubers/streamers.... But my guess is the coop mode will be revealed later. This is probably multiplayer or campaign focussed.

JimiNutz

Banned
I personally want a worldwide campaign. US, UK, Soviet, German, Italian and Japanese. Show the war from as many perspectives as possible and lots of variety in the levels.

J-Roderton

Me as well

I went thru this crazy WWII obsession throughout my teenage years (reading books, movies, games, etc.)... them feels are coming back now, lol

My bro exclusively plays COD 2. Like that is the only game he plays. That and being a military history buff 'm pretty sure he'll be making to the jump to Xbone soon after this comes out.

Drencrom

Even though I stopped playing and caring about CoD many years ago I must say I'm very interested in how this will turn out, loved the WWII CoD games back in the day and I'm looking forward to see WWII depicted with modern tech and hardware.

Gothos

Since in my opinion it's some kind of reboot of WWII CoD in the eyes of Activision I expect classical, cookie-cutter campaign with focus on USA and nothing else.

I personally want a worldwide campaign. US, UK, Soviet, German, Italian and Japanese. Show the war from as many perspectives as possible and lots of variety in the levels.

I honestly wouldn't mind if multiplayer mixed those factions together to be able to include most major countries.

Flayer

I hope we get to play as the Axis forces too. If only for flavour and using different equipment but it would also be fun to play campaigns from the other angle eg as the Germans trying to block Normandy or hold Stalingrad.

I don't think we will get MP footage, as much as I'd love to see if theres any changes to that. As long as there's still hardcore S&D i will be happy.

JimiNutz

Banned
I honestly wouldn't mind if multiplayer mixed those factions together to be able to include most major countries.

For multiplayer they should include as many countries as possible. In an ideal world every nation that participated in the war would be represented in some way.

glaurung

I hope we get to play as the Axis forces too. If only for flavour and using different equipment but it would also be fun to play campaigns from the other angle eg as the Germans trying to block Normandy or hold Stalingrad.
As excellent as that sounds, I dread that the game will be solely American Johnny-based. All Axis soldiers will be portrayed as fanatical cannibal necrophiliacs. This is unfortunately the level of writing I've come to expect from these games.

Still hyped for the new game in general. As much as I hate to admit it, World at War was one of my favorite CoDs on the PS3.

Alienous

I do wonder if they'll have multiple viewpoints, as Call of Duty has moved away from that for the last few iterations.

That seems like it would be limiting, particularly for the multiplayer.

For multiplayer they should include as many countries as possible. In an ideal world every nation that participated in the war would be represented in some way.

Thats why i'd be fine with a merge even if its historically inaccurate.
Basically pick your face(male or female) and then nationality:
UK
France
Canada
Australia
Soviet Union
China
United States
etc

The bigger countries will have more selection but then basically uniform options will come up.
US, UK, USSR for example could have 5 skins each(+ female variants)

Activision could then sell additional national skin packs including nation specific announcers.

The old style just feels so small for multiplayer.
With the standard map count it would be very low maps per faction if there are more than 4 factions.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
For those who haven't seen this in the other thread.

2017-04-2601_06_36-nv2kpha.png

You know what I love more than reveals? Livesteamed reveals. It's an event. Events are factually the best part of Neogaf. I'll jump into an event thread for shit I've never even heard of.

strafer

Port side stick, starboard side stick, move fast and clear those murder holes. Keep the sand out of your weapons, keep those actions clear. I’ll see you on the beach.

I get you, I totally do. Especially after learning about the german army, their culture, and general psychology. It's fascinating and eye opening. Some of them weren't blatantly villainous, but just outstanding soldiers fighting on the wrong side.

I would love a German campaign highlighting bravery, brotherhood, and honorable soldier acts. Would be so unique and could break new ground in the historical approach.

Would highlight the travesty of war all the more.

That would just further the myth of an innocent Wehrmacht just fighting for good ol traditional values and not the extermination of multiple peoples.

Last gen- Please no more WW2 shooters....please!
This gen- No more futuristic shooters give us WW1/WW2 with some single bolt weapons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom