• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling all Sony insiders: will this year's TGS be Sony's "Japanese E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wapplew

I hope "desperate" MS could do the same in Japan.
Invest those money into Japanese console market, hire more Japanese studio to make console games before they all go full mobile.

Jigolo

Indeed it will. All the games you ever wanted to be announced will be there. Gravity Rush, new level 5 IP, super secret JRPG from Sony, Resident Evil 7, DMC5. Everything.

Coming soon to the App Store and the Google Play Store.

Japan. Saved.

I wonder if there's still a Puppeteer team or if they all got mixed up into other projects.

I don't know if there's a team so to speak, but I do vaguely recall that Gavin Moore said he was heading a smaller, digital-only project after Puppeteer proved to be a massive commercial flop. Shame that, because the game is ace, but there you go.

TI82

Banned
Monster Hunter PS4 pleaaaaase

I'm so done with buying them if they stick to 3DS. The controls are god awful.

Invest those money into Japanese console market, hire more Japanese studio to make console games before they all go full mobile.

I really don't think it's a good idea, Japanese games don't really sale well on Xbox.

What makes you think Japanese studios would want to make their games exclusive to a system their games would sell like shit on?

AmyS

Just give me Ace Combat 7, exclusive to PS4 and PC

The Demons of Razgriz and Wardog Squadron return!

BumRush

All the best TGS stuff is likely to be multiplat.

With the exception of Scalebound of course, which is XB1 only :p

I'm not a Sony insider. I don't particularly give a shit about the Playstation brand anymore, even though I'm still happy to endorse/buy Playstation hardware/games.

You think that TGS will be all multi plats and an MS exclusive? Have you every watched or followed a TGS conference?

i expect some strong announcements from Sony at this years TGS, considering the momentum of the japanese market. (TGS is the best place, to affect it)

Last year was already much better than years before with (FFXV, FF Type 0, Persona 5, Disgea, DQ Heroes)

GutZ31

All Nintendo Wii U exclusives will now be available on Playstation Now.

Lol, who would believe this. But I guess I should say it anyway; Total bullshit.

SCEJA pre-TGS 2013:

Phantasy Star Nova
New Gravity Project (Gravity Daze 2)
Danganronpa : Another Episode
Danganronpa 3 (tease)
Soul Sacrifice : Delta
Kagero : Dark Princess
Sengoku Musou 4
Dynasty Warriors 8 : Xtreme Legends
Natural Doctrine
Yakuza Ishin
Lily Bergamo (lol)
Gundam (tease)
IM@S (tease)
Dream C Club
Earth Defense Force (tease)

SCEJA pre-TGS 2014:

not!Way of the Samurai
Luminous Arc Infinity
Uta no Price-sama
NeoRomance otome line-up
Everybody's Golf
Bladestorm
Disgaea 5
Biohazard Revelations 2
Yakuza Zero
God Eater 2 : Rage Burst
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura : Estival Versus
Ys 8
Fairy Fencer F : Advent Dark Force
Persona 5 (port)
Dragon Quest Heroes

giphy.gif

Walpurgis

Banned
Not to mention even when MS has tried in Japan, it hasn't worked out. Neither side has much incentive.

All it does is create animosity. No random developer's game is worth buying an Xbone over. Most people will just put those games in their "don't give a shit about because I can't play" list. People will probably end up downplaying those games and insulting them after release as well, since they can't play them. And no one on Xbone will buy them.

18-Volt

What about Vita? Vita and PS4 are selling about same nowadays in Japan so wouldn't it be wise for Sony to have same amount of software for both platforms in TGS?

What can we expect for Vita? New Kiseki game? FF12 HD? Disgaea 5 port? Another Nepnep spinoff?

BumRush

Hired studio do not base earning on sale right? MS pay the bill, they got pay, everybody win.

But Japanese studios are about honor as well. It's a bad look to screw over Sony / Nintendo for cash, and to do it on a console that like 5,000 people own.

Usobuko

Banned
SCEJA pre-TGS 2013:

Phantasy Star Nova
New Gravity Project (Gravity Daze 2)
Danganronpa : Another Episode
Danganronpa 3 (tease)
Soul Sacrifice : Delta
Kagero : Dark Princess
Sengoku Musou 4
Dynasty Warriors 8 : Xtreme Legends
Natural Doctrine
Yakuza Ishin
Lily Bergamo (lol)
Gundam (tease)
IM@S (tease)
Dream C Club
Earth Defense Force (tease)

SCEJA pre-TGS 2014:

not!Way of the Samurai
Luminous Arc Infinity
Uta no Price-sama
NeoRomance otome line-up
Everybody's Golf
Bladestorm
Disgaea 5
Biohazard Revelations 2
Yakuza Zero
God Eater 2 : Rage Burst
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura : Estival Versus
Ys 8
Fairy Fencer F : Advent Dark Force
Persona 5 (port)
Dragon Quest Heroes

Yea, 2014 was bigger on console front.

Hired studio do not base earning on sale right? MS pay the bill, they got pay, everybody win.

They get paid to make the game and then royalties off each sale. But if there's no sales, what are those studios meant to do when Microsoft inevitably abandon them, just like last gen, and they've got no money coming in? They're better off going mobile.

Hopefully that Level 5 RPG, mainline DQ game and HD release of DQVIII. That would win it for me.

However I feel that E3 already had an unusually good selection of Japanese titles announced unlike previous years so TGS isn't super important for that outlook. Still more the merrier.

KingBroly

Banned
Hopefully that Level 5 RPG, mainline DQ game and HD release of DQVIII. That would win it for me.

However I feel that E3 already had an unusually good selection of Japanese titles announced unlike previous years so TGS isn't super important for that outlook. Still more the merrier.

Considering DQ8 is coming to 3DS, I can't imagine them announcing an HD port anytime soon.

Blobbers

All you need to show me is:

-Monster Hunter
-Level 5 RPG
-Gravity Rush 2
-Persona 5 live gameplay demo
-Dragon Quest XI

and I'll leave happy.

SerTapTap

If there's a level 5 rpg I really hope it's dark cloud 3 and not more ni no kuni. It really legitimately would have been better as a movie, couldn't stand playing it. I don't see parasite eve happening but squeenix has been on something of a roll so maybe they can not ruin it this time?

Money is money but no one's deluding themselves into thinking their game will actually make money on Xbox in Japan

pa22word

As other posters have pointed out, they tried that twice and failed both times.

This gen isn't even worth wasting the money on for them. Not only because they'd be bashing their heads against a brick wall, but also because it's not like the dedicated gaming sector in Japan is necessarily worth it at the moment anyways.

I expect TGS to be same as usual.

15+ or so games shown the conference.
Mostly Playstation-exclusive, some multiplats.
Some Vita games, less dedicated exclusives this year compared to 2013/14. (most will be PSV/3/4)
2-3 first-party games. Guesses are Everybody's Golf, Gravity Daze 2 & 1 unannounced.
Most of GAF to not care about at least 10 of the games announced on the show.
1-2 "big" reveals, but none that remotely compares to FFVII. Maybe a MonHunX PS4 port or something like that.

No Dragon Quest XI. Dedicated press conference on its own for that one.

Pachimari

I want these to happen:

- Hot Shots Golf (PS4)
- Level-5 JRPG
- Dragon Quest XI
- Gravity Rush 2
- Persona 5
- Final Fantasy XV
- Final Fantasy XII HD Remastered
- Bloodborne expansion
- Monster Hunter X and Story gameplay
- Devil May Cry 5
- Street Fighter V characters

I expect TGS to be same as usual.

15+ or so games shown the conference.
Mostly Playstation-exclusive, some multiplats.
Some Vita games, less dedicated exclusives this year compared to 2013/14. (most will be PSV/3/4)
2-3 first-party games. Guesses are Everybody's Golf, Gravity Daze 2 & 1 unannounced.
Most of GAF to not care about at least 10 of the games announced on the show.
1-2 "big" reveals, but none that remotely compares to FFVII. Maybe a MonHunX PS4 port or something like that.

No Dragon Quest XI. Dedicated press conference on its own for that one.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two Japanese first party titles were pushed back to PGW or PSX. Puppeteer and Rain were announced at Gamescom, after all.

I wouldn't be surprised if one or two Japanese first party titles were pushed back to PGW or PSX. Puppeteer and Rain were announced at Gamescom, after all.

I would've agreed last year, but I get a vibe this year (because of the SCE/kitaon tweet & the KindaFunny interview) that 1st-party showing at SCEJA is going to be a bit better this year than previous years.

I would've agreed last year, but I get a vibe this year (because of the SCE/kitaon tweet & the KindaFunny interview) that 1st-party showing at SCEJA is going to be a bit better this year than previous years.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Let's just hope they hire some good translators (and translate a lot of material before the show starts) this year, if they're putting a lot more effort in.

FelipeMGM

Shuhei did say they expect TGS to be their next big important show, so yes I can see great things coming. Sony and Square are open about their intentions on revitalizing the Japanese market, so we can expect big stuff from both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom