• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calling all Sony insiders: will this year's TGS be Sony's "Japanese E3"

Status
Not open for further replies.
SCEJA pre-TGS 2013:

Phantasy Star Nova
New Gravity Project (Gravity Daze 2)
Danganronpa : Another Episode
Danganronpa 3 (tease)

Soul Sacrifice : Delta
Kagero : Dark Princess
Sengoku Musou 4
Dynasty Warriors 8 : Xtreme Legends
Natural Doctrine
Yakuza Ishin
Lily Bergamo (lol);____;

Gundam (tease)
IM@S (tease)
Dream C Club
Earth Defense Force (tease)

SCEJA pre-TGS 2014:

not!Way of the Samurai
Luminous Arc Infinity
Uta no Price-sama
NeoRomance otome line-up
Everybody's Golf
Bladestorm
Disgaea 5
Biohazard Revelations 2
Yakuza Zero
God Eater 2 : Rage Burst

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura : Estival Versus
Ys 8
Fairy Fencer F : Advent Dark Force
Persona 5 (port)
Dragon Quest Heroes

Bolded the relevant ones for me. Last year TGS was gooood.

Can't wait for this years!

tgswxa5v.png

https://twitter.com/YasuhiroKitao/status/613384685373100032

He's a PR guy at SCE and does PR for basically every major Sony Japan title (Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, TLG etc.).

Gowens

Neo Member
Of course I want Gravity Rush to be shown, but I'm really curious to see if they'll have something to show us for NieR New Project.

Would be bad ass if Sega showed up with some love for their old racing and other classic IPs. Otherwise I don't care for anything else from those other companies.

Close the thread.

Expecting SCEJA's presser to hopefully be the equal to this year's E3 is hilarious, considering the 3 biggest megatons of Sony's E3 were all Japanese games ayyy.

To me, I expect a better, but ultimately roughly 'on-par' show with last year's pre-TGS.

As in a lot of 'more niche' games that's very domestically catered, most of them of which won't even sell more than 500k domestically, much less over a million.

Localised western games that we already saw the same things at E3, but with Japanese subs/dubs.

And towards the end of the conference, we might get a couple of 'big' games or so, but only relatively big. No dreams.

Oersted

As someone who travelled back from the future, I can assure you, all your wishes will be fullfilled.

Would be bad ass if Sega showed up with some love for their old racing and other classic IPs. Otherwise I don't care for anything else from those other companies.

Sega 3D Classics for Nintendo 3DS.

Whompa02

The only thing that would outdo the bonkers dreamlike e3 this year would be if Sega came out and announced a Streets of Rage game.

The good news is that I believe Final Fantasy XV is to be shown at tgs, so that's something to look forward to.

pa22word

My shot in the dark:

Dead rising 4

It's pretty obvious Vancouver is working on it based on their job postings, and it's also pretty obvious that's it's going to be multiplatform this time based on that same information. Announcing it at sony's presser makes since because like with Dark Souls 3 showing up at ms' conference first, after an exclusive it makes since to remind the other team that you haven't forgotten about them when you go back to multiplatform stuff.

The only downer on my theory is that dead rising has always been much, much larger in the west, so announcing it at tgs would be weird given that both the Japanese audience doesn't really care for it and that the Japanese dedicated market is pretty much on deaths door anyways. I think either the vgx/a/whatever might be a better bet, though for dr4.

As someone who travelled back from the future, I can assure you, all your wishes will be fullfilled.

Sega 3D Classics for Nintendo 3DS.

Not a handheld fan but I do need to look into what theyre bringing for it. Might make the jump if i see the IPs I like.

Zophar

I totally expected Dragon Quest XI, DMC5, RE7, and GT7 to make appearances at E3, and was surprised to see absolutely nothing on any of them.

TGS seems like the best possible time to do any of those (all of them are coming, assuredly), though maybe one or two might spring up at the Paris event.

I totally expected Dragon Quest XI, DMC5, RE7, and GT7 to make appearances at E3, and was surprised to see absolutely nothing on any of them.

TGS seems like the best possible time to do any of those (all of them are coming, assuredly), though maybe one or two might spring up at the Paris event.

GT7 at PSX is my prediction.

Mr Swine

Banned
My shot in the dark:

Dead rising 4

It's pretty obvious Vancouver is working on it based on their job postings, and it's also pretty obvious that's it's going to be multiplatform this time based on that same information. Announcing it at sony's presser makes since because like with Dark Souls 3 showing up at ms' conference first, after an exclusive it makes since to remind the other team that you haven't forgotten about them when you go back to multiplatform stuff.

The only downer on my theory is that dead rising has always been much, much larger in the west, so announcing it at tgs would be weird given that both the Japanese audience doesn't really care for it and that the Japanese dedicated market is pretty much on deaths door anyways. I think either the vgx/a/whatever might be a better bet, though for dr4.

It would be fantastic if they announced it! I really hope it stars Frank West!

Zukkoyaki

I mentioned this in the Gravity Rush 2 thread but it's more relevant here. I expect Sony Japan Studio to be a major part of their TGS conference this year. They're producing and internally developing a ton of compelling projects at the moment. They could have a lengthy segment:

- The Tomorrow Children launch or release date trailer (Produced by Japan Studio)
- Bloodborne DLC announced (Produced by Japan Studio)
- The Last Guardian footage (Developed by Japan Studio)
- Gravity Rush 2 announced for PS4 (Developed by Japan Studio)
- Level-5's PS4 game announced (Produced by Japan Studio)

Could be massive and encouraging after how disorganized they were last generation.

Paris Games Week will eat some of the announcements and I would advice against getting hyped for any press conferences.

At least the translators will be back and that's all that matters.
PGW still has its own announcements.

My guesses on the likely announcements:
- Quantic Dreams will likely unveil their game
- Sony Bend will likely unveil their game
- Dreams from MM will likely get a 5-10 minute game presentation as stated
- Shown games like The Witness, Alianation, Rime, etc. to get more screen time
- Indie reel
- A game like Rime likely to be unveiled
- 50$ price cut
, and they are way too arrogant if this does not happen
- Morpheus talk. Possible release date & price.
- Morpheus, new game(s) unveiled

Possibilities:
- Final Fantasy XV trailer
& release date
- Uncharted 4 MP focus & possible release date, though this might be a focus for PSX
- Horizon, more information on it.

On top of that, there might be a surprise left field announcement as well. That alone is easily into the 1.5 hour conference. Gamescom from what I remember is usually roughly an hour long.

--

As for the topic at hand, we're already expecting several jRPGs to be announced. I suspect this will be bigger. Wasn't last year's TGS pretty good, and the one before it better than the previous years as well? The last two years, it's been slowing coming back to life. Square Enix is likely to play a big role at Sony's TGS conference.

Biker19

Banned
Based on Sony's messaging lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they make an honest effort to rehabilitate TGS and reserve hype moments for it.

I agree. Sony didn't start taking Japan very seriously until the PS4's 2nd year out on the market.

I'm glad they're doing so right now.

TGS has been awful for several years now. I don't expect that to change much.

This list is awful?

SCEJA pre-TGS 2013:

Phantasy Star Nova
New Gravity Project (Gravity Daze 2)
Danganronpa : Another Episode
Danganronpa 3 (tease)
Soul Sacrifice : Delta
Kagero : Dark Princess
Sengoku Musou 4
Dynasty Warriors 8 : Xtreme Legends
Natural Doctrine
Yakuza Ishin
Lily Bergamo (lol);____;
Gundam (tease)
IM@S (tease)
Dream C Club
Earth Defense Force (tease)

SCEJA pre-TGS 2014:

not!Way of the Samurai
Luminous Arc Infinity
Uta no Price-sama
NeoRomance otome line-up
Everybody's Golf
Bladestorm
Disgaea 5
Biohazard Revelations 2
Yakuza Zero
God Eater 2 : Rage Burst
One Piece Pirate Warriors 3
Senran Kagura : Estival Versus
Ys 8
Fairy Fencer F : Advent Dark Force
Persona 5 (port)
Dragon Quest Heroes

Seriously?

People just want something to complain about.

Elios83

It'll be interesting to see what Sony does at TGS considering MS is probably going to go big at Gamescom.

Sony already has their own schedule set for the rest of the year, it's all planned at this point.
MS should have a 60 minutes conference at Gamescom with Quantum Break, Scalebound and Crackdown being the focus of the conference, the rest you can expect an update of what they did at E3.

About Sony and TGS I don't know what they'll bring there but I think that Gravity Rush 2, new Level 5 RPG, update on new Clap Hanz Everybody's Sports game are all but confirmed.
I'd like to see a new trailer for The Last Guardian and the wild card is the announcement trailer of Gran Turismo 7 which will happen this year but could be as late as December.

About third parties I hope FFXV will get a release date at Gamescom or TGS.
Capcom should have new announcements for PS4.
Square Enix should have Dragon Quest Heroes 2.
Persona 5 will get a final release date as well by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom