• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I haven't had an issue with them in the past either. Maybe it's a shipment issue?

Either way, I hope something happens this evening. I'm plays with waiting a day or two for it, I'm just worried the pre-order won't be fulfilled at all.

Has anyone had their pre-order from them ship yet?

I had my pre-order from ebgames shipped last night and it was delivered today. Hopefully you get a shipping confirmation soon

chrono01

I had my pre-order from ebgames shipped last night and it was delivered today. Hopefully you get a shipping confirmation soon
Well this is slightly worrying, but thanks anyway. I'll continue to hope.

Edit: I just checked my credit card history and I was charged on the 18th, so at least there's that. If I don't get a shipping confirmation tonight, I'll send them an email.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 7: High Prices, Low Morality, Cheap Oil, No Deals?

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 7: Finally Out for Delivery?

Ventara

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 7: High Prices, Low Morality

I nominate this, too. It references people taking advantage of Amazon CSRs. The shipping thread title was alright, but we're always talking about shipping. Thread titles should reflect the current state of things.

Edit: OMG! I see the postal delivery truck parked in front of my house (he usually parks there and then goes around making deliveries). Debating if I should run up to him and have him hand over my package.
I'm half-joking.

Well this is slightly worrying, but thanks anyway. I'll continue to hope.

Edit: I just checked my credit card history and I was charged on the 18th, so at least there's that. If I don't get a shipping confirmation tonight, I'll send them an email.

They usually charge when they ship.

Firestorm

I think I wanna wait til y'all get Fire Emblem out of your systems.

Will make this afternoon. Currently at an In N Out by LAX. Didn't realize this would hit 20k so fast

ccgear

Banned
I nominate this, too. It references people taking advantage of Amazon CSRs. The shipping thread title was alright, but we're always talking about shipping. Thread titles should reflect the current state of things.

Edit: OMG! I see the postal delivery truck parked in front of my house (he usually parks there and then goes around making deliveries). Debating if I should run up to him and have him hand over my package.
I'm half-joking.

Do it.

Ventara

Yes! Just got my FE SE. It was mailed in one of those flat book boxes, so the corners are a bit chaffed, but it's good otherwise.

He seemed frightened as I ran towards him shouting about my FE SE. Thankfully, I didn't have to resort to force to drag him back to his truck and have him hand it over.
Now I'm fully kidding. He just now did a safe drop at my door.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
I think I wanna wait til y'all get Fire Emblem out of your systems.

Will make this afternoon. Currently at an In N Out by LAX. Didn't realize this would hit 20k so fast

But I don't have any other 3DS games on order right now. It's going to be months before I take Fire Emblem out of my system.

You know... once the mail man gets here to drop it off. >_<

CRA5H

Finally got my SFV, right in time for the weekend. UPS tracking went from Destination on Scan to Delivered. I ain't mad.

Error_g

I'll put this in the buy/sell thread if there's no takers but is there anyone in Toronto interested in FE birthright for 35 (my cost from Amazon)?

UberTag

Fire Emblem SE remains unshipped and uncharged from Best Buy.
TES+ FightStick remains unshipped and uncharged from Amazon (estimated arrival date of February 25th).
Street Fighter V remains unshipped and uncharged from Amazon (estimated arrival date of February 25th through March 3rd).

Not expecting anything before the weekend.
Well, it's been two days. Here's my update...

Fire Emblem SE has been shipped from Best Buy.
Set to arrive in a bubble mailer on Monday. Will likely be in a sorry state when it arrives because that's just what Best Buy does.

TES+ FightStick has been charged from Amazon.ca at its criminally reduced bargain price.
Still preparing for shipment with an estimated arrival date of Thursday.

I pulled the plug on Street Fighter V and cancelled it. I'm actually sort of okay with the state it's presently in on launch week and would have gotten it for a comparatively decent price given Amazon's discounts and the 30% off from E3... BUT I felt compelled to cancel it out of principle because I don't want to endorse practices like full price early access games with features stripped out and sketchy online dependence. I can test my new stick out by rediscovering Guilty Gear Xrd and finally tackling MKX and Ultra Street Fighter IV.

Such hate on the plants guys. I'm more hyped about the Pokemon 3ds of course, but that comes out on Friday and does not seem to have release delivery from Amazon :\

First game was one of the best and most well balanced shooters in years, probably all gen, but the beta was a bit too chaotic for the 2nd. Gonna wait for the price to go down a bit.

I really really enjoyed the first game, I even skipped the beta of the 2nd to not "spoil" myself at all...may be I should not have :\

Awww yeah. You think Bestbuy might ship a couple days early?

Tell them you're moving!

Firestorm

Such hate on the plants guys. I'm more hyped about the Pokemon 3ds of course, but that comes out on Friday and does not seem to have release delivery from Amazon :
Saturday actually. I'm sad because I'll be in Portland for a tournament that weekend and wanted to use it there :(

khaaan

HHEbW5t.png

I want to thank all those that believed in me, without your support at every step of the way I don't think I could ha-

Lsbg0SJ.png

khaaan

Look at the bright side, this week you will be able to play ANY GAME from your backlog, not only fire emblem on street fighter V!

:(

I suppose that is true. I'm in the middle of 2 games on Vita (Lunar Silver Star Harmony, and DanganRonpa 2) and since I'm trying not to play too many games at one time I could try and finish those up...

Renewed

Oh sweet my Fates Special Edition from Amazon showed up in a bubble mailer. Slightly dinged corners but I'll live.

That amiibo deal is a hell of a lot more appealing than the Lottie "deal" that Best Buy had (buy one, get Lottie free). Heck I kept hearing that the desired amiibo was cancelled and Lottie was sent alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom