• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming "Deals" and Discussion Thread 6: Sorry, We Can't Afford a New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRA5H

Latest UPS Alert..

Concord, ON, Canada 02/18/2016 10:36 P.M. Destination Scan

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday, 02/19/2016, By End of Day

No delivery yet. I'm thinking it hasn't been updated and is on the way.. but I could be wrong. Damn you tracking.

Cynar

Canada post saying Thursday here for Fe. Looks like it's coming from BC as I'm in Ontario. Usually it ships from a lot closer so oh well. :(

Well, zero luck with the SE on my end lol. Nothing came up for any of the sites I checked. =(

My regular copy hasn't shipped either so that sucks too.

Savitar

I won't get my copy until next week but that's the norm.

Only, apparently the copy I thought I wasn't going to get I'm going to get as well so I'll end up with two copies, not sure what I'll do. Keep one, the other...don't know. If I decide to sell it though I'll put it up here first so a fellow Canadian GAFFER can have a chance, but that's depending on what I do. Won't guarantee to anyone. It'd be luck of the draw.

ovii

I won't get my copy until next week but that's the norm.

Only, apparently the copy I thought I wasn't going to get I'm going to get as well so I'll end up with two copies, not sure what I'll do. Keep one, the other...don't know. If I decide to sell it though I'll put it up here first so a fellow Canadian GAFFER can have a chance, but that's depending on what I do. Won't guarantee to anyone. It'd be luck of the draw.

What extra copy do you have? FE?

Savitar

What extra copy do you have? FE?

Like everyone I was trying to find anywhere to get a copy of the SE, over the summer I lucked in on amazon.com just in time. But when Best Buy had the option a week ago or so I managed to nab one then. I thought I cancelled the amazon.com but apparently it didn't take for whatever reason, only realized it today when I thought upon how I didn't get any email confirmation. So I looked, saw it was shipping soon, tried to cancel again and got an email this time saying it was too late to do so hence a second copy.

ys45

Asked my manager if I could leave work for like 30 minutes this morning to check at my local Toys r us lol .
The clerk told me they did not get any collector edition for FE:Fates .

Oh well I officially give up .

At least Amazon shipped Birthright and Conquest this morning, should be able to play it by Tuesday .

imBask

Banned
We're sorry. The item Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition - Nintendo 3DS is no longer available from the seller you selected. To see if it's available from another seller, click here to return to the item's product detail page.

BadWolf

Got an email yesterday from Amazon saying my Madcatz sticks shipped and would arrive on Monday.

Just got a message from home saying that they have already been delivered :eek:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B018WFSX0S/

99 buck listing from amazon at the top, still there as of...right meow.

Whether they actually have it or not, or whether it gets cancelled is another thing lol. I ordered one though!

Yaaaas! Thanks so much for posting! The order entered "preparing for shipment" within a few minutes. I originally ordered the BestBuy eBay copy for my brother(which hasn't been cancelled) so hopefully we can both enjoy the Special-ing.

So I managed to get an order and it says it's coming on the 26th

But I have birthright coming in today. Should I cancel birthright? But then if i cancel it what if amazon cancels the se order. I really want to play it today...ah crap this is some Russian Roulette shit

I think someone accidentally bought the $345 one that was popping up because it's gone.

But I have birthright coming in today. Should I cancel birthright? But then if i cancel it what if amazon cancels the se order. I really want to play it today...ah crap this is some Russian Roulette shit

Hold on to the sealed Birthright until SE ships.

Edit: Or do what Storm says.

Firestorm

I mean worst case you Craigslist Birthright. People will appreciate th discount and it should go fast.

Vamphuntr

*Keeps trying to get Amazon.ca to understand that Fire Emblem should actually ship this year*

What's your expected shipping date and did you bundle it with a another preorder?

Go to your order page, go to change the shipping speed, select the same option.

I wouldn't mess with this as it changes your position in the queue and since it's a limited release item you might get screwed over.

Astra

Oh man, Best Buy just had FE Fates stock of 11. I *think* I managed to nab one. Just waiting for the confirmation email.

Edit: They charged my card :D

teeg

If anyone here is planning to cancel a Pokemon 20th Anniversary N3DS pre-order let me know. I'd love to take it off your hands.
I've decided that I need that system in my collection and I'm obviously really late to the party. If so send me a PM and we can discuss.

chrono01

So weird, normally ebgames.ca is the best for these sorts of things and the one I trust most not to have issues.
Yeah, I haven't had an issue with them in the past either. Maybe it's a shipment issue?

Either way, I hope something happens this evening. I'm plays with waiting a day or two for it, I'm just worried the pre-order won't be fulfilled at all.

Has anyone had their pre-order from them ship yet?

Yaaaas! Thanks so much for posting! The order entered "preparing for shipment" within a few minutes. I originally ordered the BestBuy eBay copy for my brother(which hasn't been cancelled) so hopefully we can both enjoy the Special-ing.

One person shows gratitude and it's the guy with two copies? I thought we Canadians were supposed to be a polite bunch. Also your brotherly duty was to give him a cheap copy of birthright and tell him to deal with it lol.

Is "preparing for shipment" pretty much a guarantee as far as Amazon orders are concerned? If so I'll consider cancelling my cheap Birthright.

Fuck me, it got removed right before I checked out...

Like all the scumbags who are trying to exploit Amazon CSRs, you should keep trying. Hammer Best Buy's site as well, this is probably the day where they put up the extras.

Tagg9

Like all the scumbags who are trying to exploit Amazon CSRs, you should keep trying. Hammer Best Buy's site as well, this is probably the day where they put up the extras.

Thanks, I'll keep trying. How exactly are people exploiting the Amazon CSRs, though? They either have stock or they don't.

Thanks, I'll keep trying. How exactly are people exploiting the Amazon CSRs, though? They either have stock or they don't.

It was more a joke about the discount exploits and how it parallels with trying to order limited edition stuff from the site itself.

Someone's F5 game on Bestbuy.ca is next level though, those 12 copies went suuuper quick.

Been refreshing amazon, best buy, and eb continuously all day and somehow I've managed to miss the 2 times it was in stock. I guess I'm just not meant to have this game.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian Gaming Shipping and Discussion Thread 7: Drinking Double Doubles, Paying Double Prices

Astra

It was more a joke about the discount exploits and how it parallels with trying to order limited edition stuff from the site itself.

Someone's F5 game on Bestbuy.ca is next level though, those 12 copies went suuuper quick.

I was one of the lucky people who got one. I'm trying again to get a copy for my friend, and he is also trying. This struggle to get it is ridiculous.

My order got canceled...FUCKING SHIT FUCK GODDAMMIT

Oh well, it was too good to be true. Best of luck to anybody else who got in

From which retailer, and was your card charged before they cancelled? Now I am kind of nervous, haha.

Xenoflare

Over half of the people (over 10 total) that lined up with me in BB was after the special edition. Only about 4 of us were there after they've been told that there were none

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom