• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Cup 2014 | Fighting Game Tournament | Dec 13

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
To be honest, early footage of a lot of games look rather slow paced, so I think it's going to get faster eventually. I remember early in the MVC3 people were saying kill times were too long, and eventually we all know what happened to that.

The greatest fighting game to ever exist spawned from that.
Haters gonna hate.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I feel like PS4 can do much more than this at 60fps, but it's early and I like what I see so far! Chun is so 3S

What the fuck have they been feeding Combo at Capcom? Steroids?

Questions have been asked.

captureolj6g.png

I wonder how far they are in development, it looks very smooth animation wise though there's definitely some noticeable aspects they need to work on. This looks like it could easily come out by holiday 2015.

Moaradin

The animations are so different from SF4 and they are fucking smooth as hell, wow.

I honestly don't see how anyone could say this looks like SF4 seeing it in motion.

Dahbomb

To be honest, early footage of a lot of games look rather slow paced, so I think it's going to get faster eventually. I remember early in the MVC3 people were saying kill times were too long, and eventually we all know what happened to that.
According to Maximillian the game actually received a damage buff.

Also Marvel 3 never had its speed changed but rather the level of play was slow when people had hands on. Hell MVC3 was not as fast for quite a while until people fine tuned their wave dashing and plinks.

Similar thing is probably happening here but the walk speeds on the characters are definitely slower especially for Ryu.

Rainy

Banned
Yo Capcom is fucked up for the bracket thing but momochi winning was cool and the trailer and gameplay for sf5 got me hyped

Hope someone archives those matches so I can analyze what game mechanics are there. I already noticed guard break, bigger emphasis on aerial attacks, destructible environments, and some new attacks. Still not sure how the EX and "elemental-based" (I guess) system works though.

Very excited to see how this takes place tho. Just hope they don't go ham on returning chars; I want it to feel like a genuine roster this time, not a Dream Match.

Looks a little slow, but other than that, game looks amazing. That one guy that said the game looks exactly like SF4 looks even sillier now.

Glad to see Charlie back, too.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The EX bar looks awesome. They have to activate their EX bars beforehand, which queues up EX specials for as many bars as they have... and then they can continue to build bars while they have the current EXs ready.

ilBebC71nEmAV.gif

Given the recovery/hitstun during the match I hope SF V has way fewer 'safe' moves than SFIV did. I like the idea of having more time to punish bad sweeps.

I'm so hyped for SFV now, was already hyped for Tekken7, but now I'm so happy to have an arcade stick.

It's 04:36 in the morning, and I regret nothing.

Momochi's Ken was dope, hyper aggressive beast.

I feel like PS4 can do much more than this at 60fps, but it's early and I like what I see so far! Chun is so 3S
She really is. Dunno how I'd feel about that.

I mean on the one hand, it's my favorite female fighting game character. On the other hand,...I actually want things to be balanced. 3S's got some....funny balance issues. Her, Yun and I forget the 3rd tend to be the culprits most of the time.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It looks fantastic. It feels a lot more "wholesome"? As if they're adding parts in and giving the player this advantage with the camera angle. The level looks so crisp.

Top Bottom