• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: DmC looks/feels like 60FPS. Also, 60fps is tiring for your eyes, thus 30fps.

Zeliard

i think it's pretty crass and culturally insensitive that you're just dropping "itsuno" without the correct prefix or suffix like it's a dog's name.

What?

Have you never written a formal research paper.

Referring to someone by their last name/surname is how it's done in most cultures.

I think it's more inappropriate to use Japanese honorifics in a conversation between English speakers simply because the subject is a Japanese man

And here I thought this thread couldn't get any funnier after those Itsuno quotes.

GrayFoxPL

“So even though you have it running at 30 frames per second, you create the motions and the poses in such a way that the brain will naturally fill in what would have been the extra frames.

“Also, on the players' side, we made some adjustments to the button response and when it's reflected on screen.”

Itsuno said action games that run at 60 frames per second can have a tiring effect on players' eyes after a long time because the frames themselves “almost shake or flash”. Because of this, “adjusting the speed is almost necessary”.

ijivwBZz9EDfW.gif

Reiko

Banned
Itsuno said action games that run at 60 frames per second can have a tiring effect on players' eyes after a long time because the frames themselves “almost shake or flash”. Because of this, “adjusting the speed is almost necessary”.

So much bullshit. lmao

Dahbomb

Dude, what you are observing is what happens in every DmC thread. It doesn't matter how irrelevant, they'll find something to latch onto and keep going at it and at it. Also, Itsuno saying they are implementing techniques and doing whatever they can to make sure the game emulates a 60 fps game despite running at the industry console norm of 30 fps is NOT a ridiculous statement. We have all played 30 fps games where one feels a lot more responsive and smoother than another game which is also at 30 fps.
GOD DAMN AGAIN WITH THE INDUSTRY STANDARD BULL CRAP!

I guess someone shouldn't tell Capcom that the most played/watched Esports game and the best selling franchise of this generation are both running at 60FPS.

Games shouldn't be trying to be the standard/norm they should try to be better than the rest. If you are going for the generic "par for the course" standards on your game, then why should we pay top dollar for the games? Especially for a series that is known for it in the first place.

All this argument about 30/60 is sillier considering that the PC version is 60FPS too. I guess Capcom doesn't care about the eyes of the PC gamers now.

prwxv3

What a bullshit excuse. If any of you want donte in 60 FPS you should all buy All-stars. It also looks like he plays faster in All-stars as well.

I am still kind of excited for DMC

Durante

This kind of brazen distortion of truth is what I would expect from a 12 year old console warrior defending his favorite exclusive. To hear it from a developer is sickening.

Next up: higher rendering resolutions contain too much detail, causing player's brains to overheat when processing the picture. "Sub-HD is almost necessary"

Dahbomb

Next up: higher rendering resolutions contain too much detail, causing player's brains to overheat. "Sub-HD is almost necessary"
Wasn't there just a thread about some guy saying he is more immersed in a lower resolution on his games?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't there just a thread about some guy saying he is more immersed in a lower resolution on his games?

Yeah. The underlying concept seems to be that having a game running at a lower resolution with lower settings hides the unevenness of asset quality, creating a uniform and therefore more immersive experience.

Erasus

Seik

Banned

Yeah right.

Its not 60fps because they care about our health. :lol

His name is now Shitsuno.

I'm terrible

You're not, I'll even say BullShitsuno

Majanew

Banned
Itsuno said action games that run at 60 frames per second can have a tiring effect on players' eyes after a long time because the frames themselves “almost shake or flash”.
HAHAHA

So much stupid

Not if they can make more money off of these new 30fps games by hit or miss (well, mostly miss in this case) western devs.

They have had nothing but disaster stories outside of Dead Rising 2 and ORC (which ORC is a critical disaster but it coasted off the RE name). I highly doubt DmC will do better than DMC4 financially.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
"controller techniques" that make the game "feel like 60 fps"?

So they're polling the controller and calculating movement at 60 fps, but rendering at 30 fps?

Forza style, except it's 240 "fps" controller poll, 120 "fps" physics calculation and 60fps rendering there?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
60 fps hurts your eyes? I'm pretty sure HIGHER frame rate is better for our eyes than lower frame rate.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
So that's why I wear prescription glasses. It's because the damn life runs at above 60fps!

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I wonder if Itsuno will get a hold of their fighting games.

Anth0ny

1961030_ow3p4p.gif

This kind of brazen distortion of truth is what I would expect from a 12 year old console warrior defending his favorite exclusive. To hear it from a developer is sickening.

Next up: higher rendering resolutions contain too much detail, causing player's brains to overheat when processing the picture. "Sub-HD is almost necessary"

Durante. Please tell me you saw that thread last week about games looking better with a lower resolution? I was dying

panda21

How about not buying this game is almost necessary.

I wonder if its sub-HD too. those sharp pixels might hurt someones eyes.

Top Bottom