• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom representative : Street Fighter V would never ship on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the big deal?
The franchise was practically dead until Sony stepped in and funded the game.

XS5LK.gif

Awntawn

Isn't the PlayStation controller better for fighters than the Xbox controller anyway? I know sticks are considered definitive for most hardcore fighting game enthusiasts, but I mean between traditional game controllers. Something about better D-Pad I think?

Pro pad players usually use custom pads or adapters to use their preferred pad work on any system anyway. For the most casual of casuals, I don't think there's enough of a difference for it to really matter.

exfatal

I thought they made this plainly clear at the PSX reveal

So did the folks over at platinum when it came to bayonetta 2 reveal. but hell if clearly laid out facts will stop the beggers from begging lol.
but with that said, come SF5 and 1/2 ultra turbo edition for the PC!!

Lulubop

Keit4 did this same song and dance in an earlier thread and people get explaining it to him. He'll take this one to his grave.

Dio

Banned

Ono went on record and stated quite clearly that they were struggling for money to make a new Street Fighter.

Here they are, with a new one the next year after he said this, and Sony's put up funding to help it happen (there's a PC version, and you can crossplay with PC players, but console exclusivity is huge.) Seems pretty clear cut.

Pro pad players usually use custom pads or adapters to use their preferred pad work on any system anyway. For the most casual of casuals, I don't think there's enough of a difference for it to really matter.

While you aren't wrong, the current EVO champion won with a PS1 controller.

Rembrandt

Banned
It would have been sooner or later. Because they would have made it eventually. Sony's money sped that process up and made it exclusive.

Yup, that quote from Ono was basically saying that Capcom didn't believe there were enough next-gen consoles to fund it. It definitely would have happened eventually. It is what it is.

Lulubop

Ono went on record and stated quite clearly that they were struggling for money to make a new Street Fighter.

Here they are, with a new one the next year after he said this, and Sony's put up funding to help it happen (there's a PC version, and you can crossplay with PC players, but console exclusivity is huge.) Seems pretty clear cut.

it's not dying bro, also the poster who posted what I responded to replied and said he was joking so yea.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
reminds me of that similar EA PR when they said Titanfall will remain exclusive for its lifetime.

Both Sony Microsoft are same, with their shitty practices. I have learned to like it now, no point of boycotting a product. Its our loss only.

reminds me of that similar EA PR when they said Titanfall will remain exclusive for its lifetime.

Both Sony Microsoft are same, with their shitty practices. I have learned to like it now, no point of boycotting a product. Its our loss only.

I wouldn't really consider this a case of 'shitty practice, though.

I'm sure Street Fighter V: Championship Edition has a chance to be on XB1. This is just vanilla SFV, but we all know that's not going to be the only SKU of this version.

Lulubop

I'm sure Street Fighter V: Championship Edition has a chance to be on XB1. This is just vanilla SFV, but we all know that's not going to be the only SKU of this version.

"We are console exclusive for this franchise for this numbered run."

Did you like read this?

Dio

Banned
Im am really intersted as to why Capcom couldnt afford a new SF. Seems like they were releasing SF4 left and right.

Street Fighter 4 was expensive. It was about a million dollars to develop each individual character for SF4, IIRC, and this is completely separate from the overarching game - for Skullgirls, it was between 100,000 and 200,000 per character, but they're a much smaller studio and lived off ramen to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom