• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom representative : Street Fighter V would never ship on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

I'm saying I would rather have waited for a chance for the game to appear on both consoles.

I'm not a fan of exclusivity.
Well for those of us that actually play street fighter. We'd rather not have to wait till the next console generation for capcom to finally start working on sfv.

Nor much of a Street Fighter fan. This is a much better move for the vast majority of players that will/have been sticking with the series than waiting to see what happens. Ask Marvel fans how that's going.

No, that's just the standard defensive response, but probably true. It's quite possible to own every console but still favor one. I would argue that most people favor one or the other.

Lol so true

I think you're just seeing what you want to see.

Go through my post history if you have any doubts.

Just calling like I see it bruh
its clear you have a agenda and lean in preference towards X1.

Well for those of us that actually play street fighter. We'd rather not have to wait till the next console generation for capcom to finally start working on sfv.

And that's a perfectly valid opinion to have.

But, at the same time, it's disingenuous to claim Sony's intentions are pure.

Just calling like I see it bruh
its clear you have a agenda and lean in preference towards X1.

I don't like Microsoft's timed-exclusive of ROTR either, it's unfair to PS gamers.

I'm sorry, what's your point again?

Imm0rt4l

I don't like Microsoft's timed-exclusive of ROTR either, it's unfair to PS gamers.

"Pure"

Wtf is pure in business? Who cares? The game is being made and that's all that matters. What world do you live in that these companies aren't self serving?

oSoLucky

What's your point again?

No company's intentions are pure. Nintendo's weren't when they picked up the bill for Bayonetta 2. Microsoft's weren't when they got almost everything first half of last gen. Sony's aren't for this or their super hardcore courting and concessions for Indie developers. They all want to make their platform more enticing.

The difference is that like Titanfall, B2, etc. the developer needed help to get the game made so the platform holder stepped in. That allows more content to get created, which is a net gain.

HORRORSHØW

you coming into this thread and posting garbage like this:
e69ff112f65aae1e55fb0806a141e0bb9fade3b72481dad1de29cec519204d61.jpg
to propagate fanboyism instead of trying to diffuse the situation makes your neutrality not only suspect but demonstrates hypocrisy. nothing worse than a fucking hypocrite.

Grimløck;167570562 said:
you coming into this thread and posting garbage like this: to propagate fanboyism instead of trying to diffuse the situation makes your neutrality not only suspect but demonstrates hypocrisy. nothing worse than a fucking hypocrite.

Yeah, okay buddy. That's exactly why I posted that.

Good lord...

Gren

Agreed. Street Fighter is a fair-weather franchise for Capcom. They sold it to Capcom USA in the mid-2000's because they had nothing better to do with it. It's only important to them right now due to the resurgence in popularity of the fighting game genre.

I'd gladly take a proper, new-from-the-ground-up SF now, rather than hedge my bets on fighitng games still being relevant enough two years from now for them to do another SF, let alone not "cut corners" on it ala CFE.

Read below

All 3 beat me to it and basically summed up my feelings

"Pure"

Wtf is pure in business? Who cares? The game is being made and that's all that matters. What world do you live in that these companies aren't self serving?

No company's intentions are pure. Nintendo's weren't when they picked up the bill for Bayonetta 2. Microsoft's weren't when they got almost everything first half of last gen. Sony's aren't for this or their super hardcore courting and concessions for Indie developers. They all want to make their platform more enticing.

The difference is that like Titanfall, B2, etc. the developer needed help to get the game made so the platform holder stepped in. That allows more content to get created, which is a net gain.

Grimløck;167570562 said:
you coming into this thread and posting garbage like this: to propagate fanboyism instead of trying to diffuse the situation makes your neutrality not only suspect but demonstrates hypocrisy. nothing worse than a fucking hypocrite.

Edit: fix quote

Read below

All 3 beat me to it and basically summed up my feelings

Actually, your feelings were that I didn't own a PS4 at all, remember? That was debunked, so then you started to attack me for my preference.

If you're going to allow others speak for you, you should make sure they support your original argument.

smurfx

get some go again
i can see ono having a kojima type falling out with capcom if this project didn't come through when it did. the man loves to make fighting games and capcom wants to chase the cellphone market. this game should keep ono busy for at least 4-5 years and by the time it ends hopefully we get sf6. maybe ono can convince sony to fund another darkstalkers game if sf5 is successful.

Kssio_Aug

Fuck this noise.

How is it so difficult to see that Microsoft paid to take Tomb Raider away from Playstation owners for a period of time. This benefits no one. Xbox One owners were always going to get the game anyway, and instead of investing in actual benefits like exclusive games or hell, even exclusive content, they invested in a temporary bullet point.

Sony funded the development of a game that may have never been developed at worst or could have been released years and years from now at best. This benefits Street Fighter fans and PS4 owners.

The difference here is night and day - the fact that so many people continue to compare these scenarios is laughable.

And before you say - well, you are just a playstation 4 fan - I own both platforms and have probably spent more time playing my Xbox One this generation.

Microsoft arranged a temporary exclusivity (read: it certainly will drop for PS4 later) because they needed something to give XB1 more strenght, and probably they were able to do a good deal for TR. Sony funded Street Fighter for the same reason! And I'm not saying the deal with TR was good for the players, cause I don't think it was!

I don't buy this thing that SFV would never exist without Sony help! Sorry, I really dont buy that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom