• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom representative : Street Fighter V would never ship on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I wouldn't really consider this a case of 'shitty practice, though.

It is, not believing that "helping to publish bs"

in case of Titanfall it actually makes sense, its a new ip and all. But when established big ip like street fighter suddenly need help to get published. Yeah please.

Let me know when dead rising 3 comes over to ps4 ill be waiting..

skeleton-computer.jpg

or Scalebound to PS4

Gestault

Im am really intersted as to why Capcom couldnt afford a new SF. Seems like they were releasing SF4 left and right.

Considering the number of physical releases for the iterations of SFIV, I can't take the idea that there was no the budget for a new Street Fighter after IV at face value. Immediately in 2013? Sure, but this is a release that's two to three calendar years later. If this were a new, unproven IP, I could absolutely understand it. The idea that a publisher wouldn't have the resources to publish one of it's most popular IPs is just odd.

JordanN

Banned
Im am really intersted as to why Capcom couldnt afford a new SF. Seems like they were releasing SF4 left and right.

Look at how Japanese Publishers struggled with AAA last gen.

They're not even releasing new games for PS4/XBO with some exceptions. That should be enough to tell you Street Fighter 5 might not have even existed if Sony didn't help.

THRILLH0

Banned
"There will be no Super/Arcade/Ultra re-release of SFIV"

SFV probably isn't coming to XB1 in any form but Capcom are still full of shit.

Hagi

I'm sure Street Fighter V: Championship Edition has a chance to be on XB1. This is just vanilla SFV, but we all know that's not going to be the only SKU of this version.

Pretty sure they've said already that they are going with something like the Killer Instinct approach to updates so I wouldn't really expect Super or Ultra.

Well, one reason is that they blew all of their profits from MH4's initial Japanese release on mobile games. All of which bombed horribly, and you mix that with a series of luke warm outsourced console releases, you can kind of see where they suddenly became strapped for cash.

Outside of Monster Hunter and ports/remaster, so far this gen, everything they're making has been with the backing of a platform holder (Deep Down, Dead Rising 3, SFV).

each SF4 revision seemed like it could have easily been DLC. probably not the biggest budget went into those compared to the initial game back in 2008

MUnited83

For you.
I'm sure Street Fighter V: Championship Edition has a chance to be on XB1. This is just vanilla SFV, but we all know that's not going to be the only SKU of this version.

I'm quite amused that after all they said and this definitive statement now there are still people that think that a new edition will be on the Xbone. You could at least read the OP I think.

He also says no Ultra Street Fighter 4 for next gen, but we all saw how that turned out.

You mean the port that Sony funded and hired a not-so competent studio to make the port? It's not a capcom-made port.

oti

Banned
I still don't really believe that but regardless, I like real exclusives. Gives the machines some character.

Pretty shitty but Sony is paying for it. Curious who will be paying for Resident Evil since poor Capcom doesn't have money for their marquee franchises anymore.

orochi91

Really dude? That's just blatant fanboying.

I'll play on PC and understand that Sony is probably co developing or funding it but still feel for Xbox One owners.

Imagine if Xbox One users were able to play the game at some point. It would just ruin.. everything.

To be honest, MS poaching Dead Rising and Tomb Raider leaves me with very little sympathy for the XB1 platform in general.

link2021

I'm sure capcom can make street fighter without Sony they said them self not until 2018 seem capcom wanted a break from street fighter maybe could made new game but when a company coming with money how can you not say no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom