• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom representative : Street Fighter V would never ship on Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJ2002

This partnership is no different than Dead Rising being Xbox One Exclusive... Microsoft helped fund, publish and market the title so it's not coming to playstation. Sony probably paid Capcom a nice sum to get it exclusive.... and it's working well for... PC owners (and Microsoft) because they still get to experience it all... with more options and cross play with console owners.

Either way... if you truly want the game... You'll buy the platform it's on.

PS4 isn't doing as bad as the Gamecube last I remember...

Eh, Mikami guaranteed the exclusivity even threatening to quit his job if the game went multiplat.

This actually caused huge attrition between Mikami and the higher suits, and it was the reason he was relegated to Clover Studio shortly afterwards.

This is such an overwhelmingly negative thread from both sides, Xbox one owners: yes it sucks, but there will be other fighting games and if you're hardcore enough for street fighter, buy a ps4 or play it on pc. PS4 owners, stop gloating third party exclusives really suck because it's alienating an audience, this is nothing to be happy about. I can't belive this thread is still going on and whenever Im feeling masochistic enough to read it, it just puts me in a bad mood.

Arttemis

Eh, Mikami guaranteed the exclusivity even threatening to quit his job if the game went multiplat.

This actually caused huge attrition between Mikami and the higher suits, and it was the reason he was relegated to Clover Studio shortly afterwards.

But that isn't relevant here. The gamecube was a bust, so the "higher ups" released the highly acclaimed popular title on consoles that had much higher install bases... There's hardly any comparison to the Gamecube install base and the PS4's.

But that isn't relevant here. The gamecube was a bust, so the "higher ups" released the highly acclaimed popular title on consoles that had much higher install bases... There's hardly any comparison to the Gamecube install base and the PS4's.

But there is a precedent of Capcom backpedaling on strong promises nonetheless.

firelogic

Whatever anyone says, unless it's a first party title, it has every chance of making it to other platforms. Mass Effect was published by Microsoft. It still made it to PS3. Granted, it was years later after ME3 was out, but it still made it. So did Ninja Gaiden. Bayonetta 2 will be on other platforms eventually. Unless one of the big 3 actually owns the IP, there is no such thing as a true exclusive anymore.

DNAbro

Whatever anyone says, unless it's a first party title, it has every chance of making it to other platforms. Mass Effect was published by Microsoft. It still made it to PS3. Granted, it was years later after ME3 was out, but it still made it. So did Ninja Gaiden. Bayonetta 2 will be on other platforms eventually. Unless one of the big 3 actually owns the IP, there is no such thing as a true exclusive anymore.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

i legitimately laughed out loud.

gtj1092

So to the deniers do you think Ono and Sony had a grand conspiracy for him to talk about not getting funding from capcom nearly a year before we even knew Sony was partnering with them.

It's understandable to be upset but to make up facts is not cool. Also there is way more salt than gloating in this thread. Most seem to be just shooting down the crazy conspiracy theories.

GnawtyDog

Banned
This thread is reaching new levels of stupid I wasn't even aware existed

That's what happens when all arguments are exhausted since we've had this type of discussion ever since the game was announced. The only news here is that we have confirmation for the bizillion time that the game is console exclusive to PS4 ONLY.

Kssio_Aug

I only think its funny how some people always find a way to say that the circumstances that made SFV a PS4 console exclusive was actually a "good" thing, while they also tend to justify that the different reasons that made games such as Tomb Raider exclusives (temporary) were a "evil" thing, or "moneyhatting"!

I'd say that, even circumstances being different, everything is about trying to dominate the industry, and, at both of these cases, none were " for the players".

Its just sad to see such a popular and old franchise releasing a main game forever exclusive to a platform between consoles!

......You clearly dont play fighting games.

Or are very very very very very bad at them

A new Bushido Blade would be amazing. Too bad SE will never do it :(

On the contrary. Looks for me in any of the newer fighters on all consoles, like SSB, Killer Instinct, Mortal X etc. This day forward, there's so much power to create new gameplay that these old franchises are starting to feel forced in the wrong peg. Gameplay based on error for instance. Juggling a combo out on someones feet as they fly in mid-air. Can't we today, take the fun part we get from juggling and represent it in a more advanced way? Also, keeping it 2.5D. but having the enviroments rotatable to adjust for a sneaky sideways attack? I dunno. SF feels beat to me.

kind of a shame really, sony paying to keep games away from the competition. i guess that's what happens when they get a whiff of success!

Hahahaha oh wow.

I hope this is sarcasm?

New levels of delusion right here folks!

I'm amazed you think Sony would pump millions into funding SFV for it
to show up on Xbone later. Contracts bruh-how do they work.

Bayo 2 will never be on anything else but Wii U as well.

Yes. Street Fighter V was going to happen sometime in the future 2018+ but maybe not in the form we are seeing it now. I remember Ono saying something about maybe doing a F2P SF title... god, that could have been bad.

Lothars

I only think its funny how some people always find a way to say that the circumstances that made SFV a PS4 console exclusive was actually a "good" thing, while they also tend to justify that the different reasons that made games such as Tomb Raider exclusives (temporary) were a "evil" thing, or "moneyhatting"!

I'd say that, even circumstances being different, everything is about trying to dominate the industry, and, at both of these cases, none were " for the players".

Its just sad to see such a popular and old franchise releasing a main game forever exclusive to a platform between consoles!
No it's a good thing because the game is actually coming out sooner than it would have. Tomb Raider was done in a sleazy way and microsoft deserves the shit they get for it.

Percy

Banned
Damn... some salty meltdowns since the last time I looked at this thread.

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

i legitimately laughed out loud.

He's absolutely right though, it will be playable on another platform
assuming the NX is backwards compatible amirite?!

Ray Down

Banned

Remove logic from your name, cause you don't have any.

Kssio_Aug

Put simply:

SFV for PS4/XBO in 2018 ---> Sony steps in ---> SFV for PS4 in 2016

TR for PS4/XBO in 2015 ---> Microsoft steps in ---> TR for XBO in 2015

Which one sounds better?

It depends...

1) SFV for PS4/XBO in 2018 ---> Sony steps in ---> SFV for PS4 in 2016
This situation sounds better for Playstation players alone.

2) TR for PS4/XBO in 2015 ---> Microsoft steps in ---> TR for XBO in 2015
This situation sounds better for MS corporation.

None of them are good for gamers in general!

Also, you're just supposing a not very clear situation... I could ask you the same thing:
1) SFV for PS4/XBO in 2018 ---> Sony steps in ---> SFV for PS4 alone forever (console wise)! or
2) TR for PS4/XBO in 2015 ---> Microsoft steps in ---> TR for XBO in 2015 and PS4 in 2016

Wich sounds better?
That I can tell that for sure the second option, since everyone would gonna play both games, sooner or later. However, none of them are necessarily good!

I don't get it...

If you care so much about one game buy one of the platforms its on and play it.

That's what people have done since the beginning of gaming.

Why all the bickering?
because some don't want to accept it wasn't a "Dry and dirty" money hat by Sony. This has been known since last year, game is exclusive. The f'n co-creator of the game has went on record stating why. We have multiple sources saying TR was paid specifically not to be on other platforms and the same happened with TF, but nope, we have to defend your purchase or something I dunno.

Btw--Sony did exactly this (what MS did) back with the original Tomb Raider and Sega Saturn.

Nintendo, for all it's kid-friendly PR, was notoriously awful to third parties during SNES era.

Ya know, all he companies do crappy stuff. For some reason, if you buy that console, you have to join the defense force or something I can't understand it. No way this thread should be this long though, case is closed.

It depends...

Also, you're just supposing a not very clear situation... I could ask you the same thing:
1) SFV for PS4/XBO in 2018 ---> Sony steps in ---> SFV for PS4 alone forever (console wise)! or
2) TR for PS4/XBO in 2015 ---> Microsoft steps in ---> TR for XBO in 2015 and PS4 in 2016

Wich sounds better?
That I can tell that for sure the second option, since everyone would gonna play both games, sooner or later. However, none of them are necessarily good!

#2 sounds better, obviously. It's funny watching people try to justify #1 somehow being the better option though.

prwxv3

It depends...

Also, you're just supposing... I could ask you the same thing:

Wich sounds better?

Its great of street fighter fans because they don't have to wait two or more years for the game.

And he's no longer at Capcom. Ono isn't Mikami.

Nephtes

It depends...

Wich sounds better?

Wow... When you put it like that... Yeah. One of those companies sounds more jerk like than the other by a lot.

RichyMtl

Neo Member
I seriously don't get why RE4 is brought up, as far as we know Nintendo didn't pay for the development.

Get over it, SFV will be on PS4 and PC.

Maybe Nintendo will foot the bill for SF6 and it will be NX exclusif hahahaha

prwxv3

I cant believe someone is trying to make the argument that MS handling of TR is better then Sony's handling of SFV

Kssio_Aug

Its great of street fighter fans because they don't have to wait two or more years for the game.

However, not every street fighter fan owns a playstation or a PC gaming. Some of them are Xbox players.

I do participate in a XBox gamers group, and there is a guy that was hugely disappointed by these news, cause he is a strong Street Fighter fan as he is a Xbox fan.

And we will never know how much truth there is in that "fact" that SFV would take more 2 or 3 years to be done without sony I guess... and even if that was true, coming for every platform is always the best option if you're trully thinking on the gamers. Actually, if that was the case Sony could just have done a temporary exclusive contract, of 1 year or 2, that would already be enough for them to market the hell out of the PS4 for fighter gamers, and still would allow the game to be multiplatform, as it should have been.

I cant believe someone is trying to make the argument that MS handling of TR is better then Sony's handling of SFV

Especially since SFV wasn't even announced. Who knows when and in what form it would be released? TR was announced and there were preorders available for multiple consoles.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
the fact is that ono said in an interview with polygon that capcom leapt at the chance to fund it because of how well sfiv did. y'all sony fans can fume.

Nephtes

Because it is.

The first situation is bringing the game as soon as possible for the majority, the second is delaying the game for the majority.

So... Correct me if I'm wrong here, but what you're saying is, "Looking out for the well-being of minorities is bad."

prwxv3

However, not every street fighter fan owns a playstation or a PC gaming. Some of them are Xbox players.

I do participate in a XBox gamers group, and there is a guy that was hugely disappointed by these news, cause he is a strong Street Fighter fan as he is a Xbox fan.

And we will never know how much truth there is in that "fact" that SFV would take more 2 or 3 years to be done without sony I guess... and even if that was true, coming for every platform is always the best option if you're trully thinking on the gamers. Actually, if that was the case Sony could just have done a temporary exclusive contract, of 1 year or 2, that would already be enough for them to market the hell out of the PS4 for fighter gamers, and still would allow the game to be multiplatform, as it should have been.

He can spend the two years he would have waited to get the game on Xbone to save up for a PS4 to play the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom