• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just hoping it's fun. Batman v Superman sucked years away from my life.

You should be just fine.

I knew it.
believe-his-lies.gif

If only that photo had my avatar on it

Bronson... I've been curious for a while. What is YOUR origin story? And can we expect a MCU about it in a few years?

The Bronson Cinematic Universe just had a hard reboot like 2 months ago

I was a normal fellow once, but then I became cursed with the power of fantastic hair

Now I fight Mr. Glass A K A Slayven

Kalentan

The Bronson Cinematic Universe just had a hard reboot like 2 months ago

I was a normal fellow once, but then I became cursed with the power of fantastic hair

Now I fight Mr. Glass A K A Slayven

The greatest gladiator fight of all time! Glass of GAF and Son of FutureXMDC.

NotLiquid

MovieBob just posted his review:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QpGr4sE5x0I

I'll be watching it after I see the movie tonight.

I was looking forward to this review mostly because I wanted to know what he had to say about Spider-Man (since he's a huge fan of the Raimi movies and dedicated an episode of his elaborate "Really That Good" series detailing why the first two movies are still as good now as they were back then). He almost got me for a while with that end credits fakeout without having mentioned him throughout the review.

Since he's speaking as someone who really understands why the Avengers is such a good movie (really, if you have 40 minutes of free time on you be sure to check out his video on it) I think he nailed it when it comes to describing this movie.

Joeytj

Banned
Enjoy American (and Chinese)GAF, we in the rest of the world already saw it and enjoyed the heck out of it :p

I already saw it twice. Thinking of a third time this weekend.

J@hranimo

Banned
Enjoy the movie tonight you guys!

I'll be catching a late showing tomorrow night since some friends will be getting off of work late. The long wait is almost over...

FUCKITALL

I got bailed on for tomorrow night. Refuse to see this by myself, so I may have to wait....ugh may have to wait until it's on video :p

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
No one seems to care about my impressions. I've seen this twice.
But they all love Bronson's.

Guess what tho. Bronson cares about my impressions. So fuk everybody.

Got out the theatre a couple hours ago, we get movies released early round my part of the globe.

Just want to say the movie is spectacular, likely the best superhero movie ever made, I'm sure most gaffers will absolutely love it!

Action scenes, one in particular, are immense and new characters like Black Panther and Spidey are handled with such care and respect.

Story is super engaging and Cap/Stark performances are lynch pins to this entire gig, with years of Marvel world building all coming to a head in this.

PS: This new Spidey is the GOAT guys.

I haven't watched much yet, got to the bit about Joss Whedon but I have to say that this woman is absolutely awful at speaking to the camera and generally presenting. Didn't she used to do video content for Marvel? I'm legit shook.

Some men like women who speak like they're mentally challenged. A lot of them watch and comment on geeky YouTube channels.

TheFuzz

For those who have seen it, one review I saw states the airport battle takes place in act 2. I was under the impression it's towards the end of the film and is the "big" set piece at the end. Can anyone confirm or deny? Spoiler tag it if necessary, just wondering if the review was misleading about the timing. (Obviously no other spoilers please, seeing it tomorrow).

icespide

Banned
For those who have seen it, one review I saw states the airport battle takes place in act 2. I was under the impression it's towards the end of the film and is the "big" set piece at the end. Can anyone confirm or deny? Spoiler tag it if necessary, just wondering if the review was misleading about the timing. (Obviously no other spoilers please, seeing it tomorrow).

it's in the second act. it's not the end of the movie

The movie begins with the airport scene in media res and it turns out to be another vision Scarlet Witch put into Tony's head

Except this time he likes it so he makes sure it happens

icespide

Banned
Oh ok, cool.
is there more action after that? It looks like the trailers have hyped up the airport so I'm hoping there are some surprises waiting for me

there is indeed a final "set piece" but its much smaller scale and emotional than most marvel movies. its a nice change of pace honestly

TheFuzz

there is indeed a final "set piece" but its much smaller scale and emotional than most marvel movies. its a nice change of pace honestly
Thanks again. I imagine if I loved both avengers and winter solider is my favorite of the MCU then I'll be extremely happy by the sounds of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom