• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the best super hero movie I've seen this year, no contest
there's humor, there's WTF moment, fuck I almost shed manly tears in one scene
I'll give it 9/10

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I refuse to lose to you, it's in my contract rider

They love my impressions because I'm an idiot

And yours are the best tho so *hug*

EucIfYY.gif

GhaleonEB

Kind of skipped around since I haven't seen it yet but her actual review wasn't bad. Could've done without the sniping at the beginning, but she was very clear on her views on the film. Liked her choice of words about flipping through a comic book.

She's a good reviewer. Most others seized on the voice, but if you get past that her reviews are usually well done.

kswiston

So at 200 reviews now, the Rottenwatch is pretty much a wrap. Final score is looking like 91-94%, with 92-93% seeming most likely.

guek

Banned
I was hoping the MC would bump up to 78 or 79 but it looks like it'll stay about 75-76. I'm still kinda surprised Winter Soldier only managed a 70 MC tbh.

-griffy-

Banned
I was hoping the MC would bump up to 78 or 79 but it looks like it'll stay about 75-76. I'm still kinda surprised Winter Soldier only managed a 70 MC tbh.

Pointed this out earlier pretty much, but 75-76 on Metacritic is a very high score for an action movie. Stuff like Fury Road getting a 90 is an exceedingly, uncommonly high score for an action movie. The Matrix is at 73, for example. John Wick at 68. The Avengers at 69. The Dark Knight at 82. The Raid at 73.

guek

Banned
People weren't ready to see Cap fucking crush his way through walls and doors

Fuck yeah!

Pointed this out earlier pretty much, but 75-76 on Metacritic is a very high score for an action movie. Stuff like Fury Road getting a 90 is an exceedingly, uncommonly high score for an action movie. The Matrix is at 73, for example. John Wick at 68. The Avengers at 69. The Dark Knight at 82. The Raid at 73.

Good point. It's weird how MC video game scores are so different from their movie scores. I guess the video game industry really does operate on a 60-100 scale.

Well I hope you guys enjoy it. I won't be seeing it until Saturday since tickets are MUCH cheaper for matinees, but hopefully the wait won't be too awful.

I've finally seen it, I really lik...

*checks Rotten Tomatoes*

PIECE OF SHIT MOVIE, 92%, WHAT KIND OF SHITTY MOVIE GETS 92%? IT'S SO SHITTY I'M GOING TO WATCH IT AGAIN THIS SATURDAY AND AGAIN NEXT WEEK TO SHOW MARVEL HOW SHITTY IT'S THIS MOVIE

Sanjuro

That was my favorite of the Marvel films since they started to group heroes by a mile.

Well done.

Absolutely clowned the Avenger films.

mrkgoo

I love how the MCU movies have a feel of real stakes. Like anything can happen.

On top of that, the cap movies make for a nice series of films and arc for the character.

That said I don't think civil war is a movie that can really sit well on its own. Some previous viewing and low elder of events that took place before is pretty recommended.

Sai-kun

Banned
Got to the theater like an hour early cuz I thought it would be packed but there's only like 15 other people here and now I have to wait an hour ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom