• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The wait for the blu ray is gonna be painful, I envy those of you seeing it next week (but not enough to put up with a trip to the cinema).

Kathian

Banned
Everything about this film looks great. Its basically Avengers Two. Lets pretend Ultron is not a thing - I mean more Avengers are in this and being introduced here.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Marvel is apparently extremely confident. Word is internal screenings they've done scored higher than Winter Soldier
Sounds great, Winter Soldier was obviously fantastic. Now that I think about it, early praise is a great way to build up hype, so it's a smart marketing move.

SpaceWolf

Banned
tumblr_lglb2dJGeL1qzoxl6o1_500.jpg

Whatever the verdict turns out to be everyone, remember to stay good, honest men.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
First review up:

The problem here is everything is too good. Spider-Man is too good. Cap, as usual, is too good. RDJ is too good as Iron Man. Black Panther is too good. Everything is just so good it creates an uncanny valley-like experience where you realize everything you've experienced so far has not been quite this good so you become a bit separated from the movie, a bit detached from the experience, because you know deep down even heaven can't be this good. You begin to search for a little bit of hell to bring yourself back to reality. That's why the movie fails to work.

Ew why.

The next time civil war comes out? :p

Where on the internet are you looking where early screenings are offered to you?

Haha, next time a movie you want to see comes out. :p
But I saw them posted here in the Civil War thread. Someone posted a link offering free ticket and I just got lucky.

First review up:

lol... I mean... maybe it is really good, maybe everything about it is really good, but that's still a pretty hyperbolic paragraph which doesn't do much except possibly raise expectations to unreachable heights. People who see the movie before general audiences don't typically go in with these kinds of expectations so in a way I feel like it's a little irresponsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom