• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Age of Ultron so I think I'm good (saw that twice as well). If it's as good as WS, even better.

I'm not saying that AoU isn't good, but to me it didn't live up to the expectations I had for it being a sequel to Avengers, which to me worked better.

Neoxon

Captain America 3 = The new Citizen Kane for a new generation?

Orson Welles would be proud, Marvel Studios!
Let's not go overboard. It'll be a damn good movie, but if it'll be that good remains to be seen. Let's keep our expectations in check for the time being.

I'm not saying that AoU isn't good, but to me it didn't live up to the expectations I had for it being a sequel to Avengers, which to me worked better.

Hoooooly shit

Is this a reasonable critique of Age of Ultron on GAF? Did I die or get teleported to a better timeline?

Altairre

I'm not saying that AoU isn't good, but it didn't live up to the expectations I had for it being a sequel to Avengers, which to me worked better.

I'm absolutely with you on that one, it is a very flawed movie. I guess my expectations weren't that high to begin with so I was fine with it just being pretty much more of the same. If Civil War doesn't do more then I'm going to be disappointed but it seems like that's not the case. I'm in either way.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
The Citizen Kane of superhero movies perhaps ?

I don't care how good Civil War is, it's not taking Blade's title anytime soon.

Hoooooly shit

Is this a reasonable critique of Age of Ultron on GAF? Did I die or get teleported to a better timeline?

I was under the impression that the general consensus on AoU was that it was a decent film, but not as good as the first.

Personally I love it, it's just a bit bloated IMO.

I don't actually live in Seattle.

I live in a real city
Now...you've...done...it

giphy.gif

I liked Age of Ultron, but I haven't bought it yet and don't really ever think about it so I guess I just find it okay but forgettable. It had some great moments I thought and was mostly well done. I'm also not the biggest fan of the first Avengers, it's a pretty good, fun film but something about the plot just felt so incredibly meh. I'm also really sick of cities being the backdrop for climactic battles.

Batman V Superman is the one I've really come down hard on though. I liked it-- or so I thought at first, but two weeks later and I find myself thinking, wow, I just saw a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, etc. and... I kind of don't care. Feeling indifferent about a movie with those things is perhaps a larger clusterfuck than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom