• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker |OT| rrrrready for adventure!

JonnyKong

I treat myself to a new tv yesterday with my Christmas money and this game looks SO GORGEOUS on it.

Anyway, just started chapter three yesterday. Did we establish why chapter 1 has a feather on the front of the book, but 2 doesn't? Is it because you beat the big bird thing at the end of 1 whereas 2 doesn't really have a boss?

XaosWolf

100% on all chapters. An absolute pleasure to play, and super glad I got to play this for Christmas.

Only thing I have left to do is the time trials and that bloody maze! >=(

Fantastic game so far, up to chapter 2.
For me this game is far better than mario 3dworld simply for the fact my younger brother can play it without dying all the time due to a stupid time limit.
The 3dworld levels might be pointless to most people but for him it's the only way he can play some of those levels, why nintendo put the time limit in 3dworld i'll never understand.

Also the wingo and dragon boss levels restored my faith in Toyko ead after the bland and boring 3dworld, they clearly rushed that game and i hope they get the chance to make another 3d mario game on the wii u with the same love and creativity that they put into this game.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Captain Toad is a game that will either be ported to a 4DS or to a VR system. Probably both.

While I'm enjoying VR apps on my S5 with the Hamido gear, I can't help but think about how perfect a game like Captain Toad would be in VR.

It has to happen in a near distant future :)

kubus

Pvy1MIh.jpg

Finally, it's out here!

I'm gonna jump in right away :D. So psyched!

Kouriozan

After 10+ tries, I died on like floor 48 in that bonus level, yay hidden Bill Blaster.
No problem, I just wasted almost 2 hours on this :lol

Dad

This game is waaaay better than I was expecting. I gotta slow down and savor the experience. It's a shame you don't see that many puzzle platformers anymore. One of my favorite genres.

TheMoon

It's not even funny how much better this game is than any of the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World.

CHC

Damn this thread is torture. I'm waiting for a refurb Wii U to be back in stock and I really just want something beautiful and innocent and colorful.

Glad y'all be havin' fun

Chaos17

This game has amazing ilevel design. That's just show that you don't need big maps to make things interesting, just some brain.

Thank you Nintendo, for this cool game.
Bring some DLC for it, please and make a t-rpg!

Kouriozan

And done! Only time trials left.
My poor heart need some rest though, that maze can be so luck based sometime.

I can keep the crown, woohoo!

Seik

Banned
Finished episode 1 yesterday with a friend...can't wait to go further!

It starts kinda hard right off the bat in episode 2 as well, love it. :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Beat Chapter 3 last night, fantastic.

I think this is the most polished game of the year, the attention to detail is insane.

Spades

On my first play through, just got into the turnip cannon on Turnip Cannon Jungle (1-13). I rotated the cannon 180 degrees and saw this:

sPVMkHy.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that an 8-bit Luigi?

zroid

Banned
On my first play through, just got into the turnip cannon on Turnip Cannon Jungle (1-13). I rotated the cannon 180 degrees and saw this:

sPVMkHy.jpg

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that an 8-bit Luigi?

I can't tell at that resolution but it probably is, there are 8 bit sprites hidden all over

Spades

I can't tell at that resolution but it probably is, there are 8 bit sprites hidden all over

Yeah, I took a screenshot using the Wii U tool and it didn't turn out great. It looks a lot clearer in-game! I'll try to snap a pic with my camera next time I'm on!

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I took a screenshot using the Wii U tool and it didn't turn out great. It looks a lot clearer in-game! I'll try to snap a pic with my camera next time I'm on!

Which tool do you mean? That's an odd resolution for a Wii U screenshot, actually... if you upload to Miiverse then it should be 480p (either TV or GamePad), and if you upload via web browser then it should be 720p (TV) or 480p (GamePad).

TheMoon

Just use the browser like everyone else. imgur or abload.de

Nvm, didn't think about the fact that it's a cannon shot which means it's GamePad-only anyway.

wiiu_screenshot_gamepg2sez.jpg

kubus

Played up until Chapter 2 with my boyfriend. This game is just pure heaven! Everything about it oozes charm! At some points I simply stopped playing just to zoom in and admire the beautiful graphics.

Couldn't wait to play more, but the GamePad's battery ran dry so we had to quit :p. Will probably continue tomorrow!

It's crazy how this could still become my GOTY with only two days left in the year :D

Velcro Fly

Ahahaha randomly discovering where the
Golden Mushroom
is on 1-12

One of those things that just sort of happens!

Just finished 1-13. I love when I do the other objective on my first go around without the game telling me to do it. Game is very fun. I was in a horrible mood and then started playing. 45 minutes or so later and I'm doing much better. Hard to be sad when you need to be ready for adventure!

finally boot up captain toad, disk version, and it is looping on the start screen. it's fucking painful to listen to. has this happened to anyone else?

tesqui

I've 100% all 3 books. Now I'm working my way through
Bonus book
, and I was wondering if anyone has tips for the
mummy maze forever level
? I've been at it for maybe 2 and a half hours. I'm about to give up and attempt it some more tomorrow.
I've gotten to level 32. I've heard there are 50 levels right?

Also it's weird that this game is pretty much my game of the year. And I wasn't even going to buy it! I'm sure glad I did though!

Has Nintendo said any word whatsoever on if there will be DLC released for this? I mean if there ever was a game that deserves it it's Captain Toad.

But then again, maybe Nintendo is quietly keeping a lid on it and will release more stages later?

zroid

Banned
Has Nintendo said any word whatsoever on if there will be DLC released for this? I mean if there ever was a game that deserves it it's Captain Toad.

But then again, maybe Nintendo is quietly keeping a lid on it and will release more stages later?

Haven't said a thing, but I certainly hope so!

Shahadan

Probably won't sell enough for a dlc.

About what happens when you have a 3d world save
are these the levels where a captain toad gave you a green star? :eek:

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I ordered my copy from Amazon! When I first opened the page it said Amazon was selling them and they'd take 1-2 days extra to process. Then I went to work and when I came home it changed to a third party and there were only 4 left. Before I finished my order it changed to 3 left. So I really hope I get one and it doesn't end up being cancelled. It had also dropped by $5 by that time too. Crossing fingers!

Finished it a few hours ago..what a charming game, most charming game for 2014 imo
watching toad and toadette joyful dance in the end was sooo adorable
. 100% it for 2 episodes and still need to complete 3 stages more in episode 3 for 100%.
Finished it around 16 hrs and still have those bonus level waiting...hope Nintendo will support dlc for it

Top Bottom