• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions Announced for PS4, Switch, & PC | First Screenshots, Box Art, & More

asker

Gameplay!

Oh this does not bode well, I'm sorry to say. The players move too slowly, but their legs are sprinting at full speed. And 5 minutes in, already some cut-scene animations have been repeated to the point of exhaustion. The gameplay doesn't look exciting, and this is coming from someone that loved the turn-based nature of the old games. After initially being excited about the announcement of this game, I will probably hold off on this until I can read some impressions.

Last edited:
Oh this does not bode well, I'm sorry to say. The players move too slowly, but their legs are sprinting at full speed. And 5 minutes in, already some cut-scene animations have been repeated to the point of exhaustion. The gameplay doesn't look exciting, and this is coming from someone that loved the turn-based nature of the old games. After initially being excited about the announcement of this game, I will probably hold off on this until I can read some impressions.

Looks good to me, as a soccer fan I'm glad they didn't go turn-based. My only complaint or criticism, is I hope they DUB the commentator, or the very least have an option to turn his voice off, his voice is the most annoying part of the game!

Top Bottom