• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Renewed for Second Season on Netflix, Episodes Doubled

Steiner

Banned
Also -- My Nintendo members can get 40% off of retro Castlevania games right now. Discounts for 1, 2, and 3 are 200 plat coins, 20 gold and 20 gold, respectively.

Verus

Does an anime in 4k even exist? I don't know if any anime using HDR when the source of HDR is in the hands of the animators/coloring, not post production like how HDR is handled with live-action films.

Edit; typos

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Knowing how long it takes to make high quality animation, just how long are we expecting before season 2 comes out?

Compsiox

Banned
it didnt to me, and I had on watchlist already

Probably why. You know about it already, why waste that space showing you it when they could shown something new.

Netflix doesn't use that dumb advertising method where you'll buy a thing and then all your ads will be about said thing.

Narag

Does an anime in 4k even exist? I don't know if any anime using HDR when the source of HER is in the hands of the animators/coloring, not post production like how HDR is handled with live-action films.

Gundam Thunderbolt had an HDR 4K release as they were forward thinking during its production. Your Name is getting a 4k BD too but that might be it for now.

edit: apparently the Netflix/Polygon Pictures stuff too going by others in this thread

ukas

Does an anime in 4k even exist? I don't know if any anime using HDR when the source of HER is in the hands of the animators/coloring, not post production like how HDR is handled with live-action films.

Knights of Sidonia

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Should I watch it? First response decides.

Shaky beginning I felt after the first two episodes, but I hear it improves greatly in the last two which I will watch tonight. Even with the rocky beginning, it is still entertaining and better than expected.

BAdmDGD.png

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
One of the best 'not anime' anime out there. Seriously, they did a good job with this. I'm really surprised its by the adventure time guys in texas...but then again maybe not, they have a lot of geeks and Japanese animation fans in their ranks who respect the content enough to not fuck it up

FelipeMGM

Probably why. You know about it already, why waste that space showing you it when they could shown something new.

Netflix doesn't use that dumb advertising method where you'll buy a thing and then all your ads will be about said thing.

Good point, but with past shows I had on watchlist they still showed all over the thing when it launched. Like, I have Okja on the list since day one and still very often (almost always really) it launches the app showing the trailer anyway

Verus

Woah 4k anime exist? How come i dont hear about it like i do when its on 1080 vs 4k comparisons like Pacific Rim? I jumped into the 4k hype and loved it..... but there is zero scene of anime 4k in forums I go to for tech reviews, are they Netflix exclusive?

wwm0nkey

Woah 4k anime exist? How come i dont hear about it like i do when its on 1080 vs 4k comparisons like Pacific Rim? I jumped into the 4k hype and loved it..... but there is zero scene of anime 4k in forums I go to for tech reviews, are they Netflix exclusive?

Your Name is getting a 4k release too

Momentary

Banned
This isn't Castlevania related, but Polygon Pictures is getting better and better with their 3D animations. Blame! is a step up from Knights of Sidonia. It makes me excited for the next BLAME! movie and season 3 of Knights. Hopefully we get some Biomega action soon... Zoichi is a badass character.

Just binged all 4 episodes (lol) on Netflix. Pretty amazing stuff especially if you are a fan of Castlevania!

Cannot wait to check out season 2!

samred

I clearly am watching a diff series than most of you. This is slow, illogical, and all over the map. This entire "season" could have been 30 mins long, it's that paper-thin in terms of plot and action. Shame, cuz much of the art and voice acting are solid. Also seems entirely disconnected from any series lore beyond giving a whip to a Belmont (which he barely uses).

Shin

Banned
Looks better than the blasphemy that's Berserk 2017...
4 episodes and it's renewed for a second season, that's weird why only 4 episodes?
It's interesting especially since I haven't followed or played Castlevania much (at least I don't really remember the story).

RedAssedApe

Banned
Looks better than the blasphemy that's Berserk 2017...
4 episodes and it's renewed for a second season, that's weird why only 4 episodes?
It's interesting especially since I haven't followed or played Castlevania much (at least I don't really remember the story).

i'm assuming these shows are super cheap? at least compared to live action content

i wanted to fallback on the previous answer of netflix green lighting second seasons of everything but they recently cancelled the get down (cost issues) and girlboss (bad reception) after 1 season.

Shin

Banned
they recently cancelled the get down (cost issues)
Damn didn't know about that, it's an interesting series more so than Power or Empire.
Hopefully Season 2 doesn't take too long, kinda hooked now to know what comes next.

Rurunaki

Series looks promising.. wish they did longer episodes though.. 42 minutes like those premium shows on Showtime and HBO.

The second season was announced before the show had even premiered, actually.

I'm watching the series now and it's pretty damn good so far so I'm totally down for more.

mebizzle

The first 4 eps are fucking incredible. They're telling the story of III so I hope if they do more that means they're going in chronological order.

Raitaro

*Applause*

Great news on the renewal. I still have to start watching season 1 but Waypoint's Austin and Patrick's latest PUBG runs are keeping me glued to Twitch as usual.

Oh man, I really wish the end result of this is two (or more) great (and yearly Halloween rewatchable!) seasons of Castlevania animation that get the viewership it deserves PLUS a new game announcement to bank on the renewed interest in the IP (preferably a BOTW style open world action-adventure game...as said before).

Opa-Pa

Really happy to hear this. I watched 3 episodes during lunch today and the series is unbelievably good in all ways possible, it's bizarre.

Like I feel like I stepped into a different timeline or something, Castlevania of all things getting such a quality adaptation in 2017? Ridiculous.

Ahasverus

Really happy to hear this. I watched 3 episodes during lunch today and the series is unbelievably good in all ways possible, it's bizarre.

Like I feel like I stepped into a different timeline or something, Castlevania of all things getting such a quality adaptation in 2017? Ridiculous.
Best timeline.

I feel the same. A game series that is essentially dead right now being commissioned for a high quality anime adaptation, and it's not some obscure Japanese show on Crunchyroll, it's on Netflix? Too good to be true!

Top Bottom