• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cave-woman runs over a cyclist, yell at him and then tries to beat his kid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-E

Cyclists don't bother me if they are good. People who obviously can't cycle well should not be on the road and should be given tickets and taken off of it.

rbid11.jpg

hectorse said:
WTF is with people giving shit on bikers?

Most of the time they aren't annoying and I like how they set the example for habits we all should be taking

I think lazy, out of shape, nerd GAF just doesn't understand any kind of physical activity! ;)

Mr.City

Wow at all the cycling rage. In the suburbs, there's hardly any place on the road to ride my bike. It's always the same shit though. Pedestrians bitch cyclists on the side walk for going too fast and people on the road bitch about cyclist blocking the way of their SUVs.

zoku88

To all of the people saying that cyclists should ride on the sidewalk: I'm pretty sure they teach you NOT to do that in traffic safety >.> (unless they have biker designated lanes on the sidewalk like in certain parts of Boston.)

xsarien

daedsiluap
Mr.City said:
Wow at all the cycling rage. In the suburbs, there's hardly any place on the road to ride my bike. It's always the same shit though. Pedestrians bitch cyclists on the side walk for going too fast and people on the road bitch about cyclist blocking the way of their SUVs.

Doesn't matter, you need to take that shit to the street, you're not 10.

Personally, I've found that the majority of cyclists in town are pretty smug bastards. Riding on sidewalks, riding against traffic, weaving through traffic, trying to take their bikes onto streetcars, blowing through lights and at least in one case blowing a light and hitting someone crossing the street.

Yet the moment they're called on it they treat their precious fixed-gear like it's a wooden cross and they're Jesus.

I don't mind cyclists. What I DO mind is when they ride on super-narrow twisty roads. The same kids of roads I love to go driving on. These roads are so narrow you can't pass, so you end up going 15 and thinking "god I hope someone doesn't come up behind us after a corner..."

Cyclists: You can bike on normal roads, but stay the fuck away from my favorite driving roads.

FLEABttn

Banned
When I used to be a cyclist, I hated riding on the road. Fucking cars are insane. If I could use the sidewalk, I would, because I could stop better for people than a car could for me as well as it got me away from the crazy car drivers.

I don't care if I had a right to using the road, I didn't want to be there if I could avoid it.

xsarien

daedsiluap
FLEABttn said:
When I used to be a cyclist, I hated riding on the road. Fucking cars are insane. If I could use the sidewalk, I would, because I could stop better for people than a car could for me as well as it got me away from the crazy car drivers.

I don't care if I had a right to using the road, I didn't want to be there if I could avoid it.

You better check with the local fuzz (or a website). Riding on the sidewalk is illegal in Los Angeles, San Francisco and probably a host of other places as well.

SupahBlah

Banned
border said:
Kind of hard to run materialistic smack-talk when you're the one riding around on a bicycle.

My friends bicycle cost a lot more than my car. :lol

It was at least $20,000

Also its illegal to ride bicycles on the pavement in the UK. My dad's friend was killed in January having been ran over by car (apparently the driver was blinded by the sun) and just ran over all three who were on the side of the road. Link

So they're lucky she didn't just decide to take out both of them, she's obviously not quite right.

Zoltrix

SupahBlah said:

It was at least $20,000

Also its illegal to ride bicycles on the pavement in the UK. My dad's friend was killed in January having been ran over by car (apparently the driver was blinded by the sun) and just ran over all three who were on the side of the road. Link

So they're lucky she didn't just decide to take out both of them, she's obviously not quite right.

Shit :( I'm always looking behind me for drivers and I always move to the side no matter how far back they are. Looks like I'm not even safe there...

Kung Fu Jedi said:
I think lazy, out of shape, nerd GAF just doesn't understand any kind of physical activity! ;)

No its a bunch of out of shape 50 year old fucks who bike really slowly in the middle of the god damn road that piss me off. Really who even uses bikes in the suburbs? I don't see many kids on their bikes these days, just fucking old people.

soultron

Banned
SupahBlah said:

It was at least $20,000
Some people who pull the whole "lol u ride a bike" argument are ignorant of the fact that bicylces like time trial cycles can cost $8000.

xsarien

daedsiluap
soultron said:
Some people who pull the whole "lol u ride a bike" argument are ignorant of the fact that bicylces like time trial cycles can cost $8000.

While I'll agree that riding a bike in an urban environment should be an Olympic sport, $8k is a bit much to spend on anything so easily stolen, damaged or generally abused by its surroundings.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Man, that website (Within article) is filled with some hilarious shit!

esperma_extremo.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

soultron

Banned
xsarien said:
While I'll agree that riding a bike in an urban environment should be an Olympic sport, $8k is a bit much to spend on anything so easily stolen, damaged or generally abused by its surroundings.
Just think of it as a really expensive tennis racquet.

Well, most people who own really expensive cycles tend to use them to compete in triathlons and such. My most expensive cycle is $600 stock, and I couldn't justify spending any more than that since I don't belong to a club or race.

Xisiqomelir

GAF, it is a shame to criticize this poor woman's appearance when all she's doing is vocalizing the simple thoughts we all have induced in us by cyclists.

xsarien

daedsiluap
soultron said:
Just think of it as a really expensive tennis racquet.

Well, most people who own really expensive cycles tend to use them to compete in triathlons and such. My most expensive cycle is $600 stock, and I couldn't justify spending any more than that since I don't belong to a club or race.

You generally don't leave your tennis racket tied to a parking meter while you're taking a break at Jamba Juice.

xsarien said:
You generally don't leave your tennis racket tied to a parking meter while you're taking a break at Jamba Juice.

To be fair, people buying an $8000 bike don't tend to take a break at Jamba Juice and just leave their bike outside. Mine didn't cost anywhere near that but I still invested in a good lock system for times when I have to lock it up.

Two cyclists (father and son) went for a ride on Pontevedra, road between Mougás and Baiona (Spain), when some kind of lady-monster driver got close behind them. When she realized she could't go past them...

Why, exactly, couldn't she go past them? Were these cyclists completely oblivious to the fact they were slowing traffic down, or were they making a conscious effort to piss this woman off? If the road was big enough for the cyclists to pull over and let the car go by then, by all means, they should have pulled over. On the other hand, if the road was so narrow that there was no room for a bike to pull over to let a car go by, then cyclists shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.

Tarazet

Coolio McAwesome said:
Why, exactly, couldn't she go past them? Were these cyclists completely oblivious to the fact they were slowing traffic down, or were they making a conscious effort to piss this woman off? If the road was big enough for the cyclists to pull over and let the car go by then, by all means, they should have pulled over. On the other hand, if the road was so narrow that there was no room for a bike to pull over to let a car go by, then cyclists shouldn't have been on the road in the first place.

This is Spain we're talking about, things are different there. Spaniards won the Giro d'Italia, Tour de France, and the Olympic road race this year. They're nuts about cycling.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
GenericPseudonym said:
No its a bunch of out of shape 50 year old fucks who bike really slowly in the middle of the god damn road that piss me off. Really who even uses bikes in the suburbs? I don't see many kids on their bikes these days, just fucking old people.

they dont use the bikes to travel places. its a sport/hobby for most. damn those people for having a healthy hobby!!!!!!

quadriplegicjon said:
they dont use the bikes to travel places. its a sport/hobby for most. damn those people for having a healthy hobby!!!!!!

That's the vibe I get from most people in this thread.

Americans sure love their cars :mad:

FLEABttn

Banned
xsarien said:
You better check with the local fuzz (or a website). Riding on the sidewalk is illegal in Los Angeles, San Francisco and probably a host of other places as well.

It was but I didn't care. Better than dealing with cars. Got yelled at once by the police but no ticket.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Coolio McAwesome said:

You'd be surprised...

Tarazet

I just looked at a map to see which road is being talked about.. it's the only road down the west coast of Spain, it would be like holding up Highway 1 in California and not letting anyone by.. so maybe she kinda had a point. Maybe.

Mr.City

xsarien said:
Doesn't matter, you need to take that shit to the street, you're not 10.

Personally, I've found that the majority of cyclists in town are pretty smug bastards. Riding on sidewalks, riding against traffic, weaving through traffic, trying to take their bikes onto streetcars, blowing through lights and at least in one case blowing a light and hitting someone crossing the street.

Yet the moment they're called on it they treat their precious fixed-gear like it's a wooden cross and they're Jesus.

Where the fuck am I going to take it to the street when there's literally no room on most of the streets here for my bike? All it takes is for one SUV or mini van to scrape me against the curb

And what's this shit about cycling being a hobby? It's cheaper than driving and feels great if it's a nice day out. Hell, I would ride my bike everywhere if I could.

MoxManiac

sonarrat said:
I just looked at a map to see which road is being talked about.. it's the only road down the west coast of Spain, it would be like holding up Highway 1 in California and not letting anyone by.. so maybe she kinda had a point. Maybe.

Yeah but jesus, you don't fucking bump the cyclists with your car.

gkryhewy

For emphasis:

In most of the United States

IT IS
ILLEGAL
TO
BICYCLE
ON THE
SIDEWALK

Bicyclists are mandated to ride in the road. Here in Philadelphia, this goes for cyclists over 12 years of age, for example.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
sonarrat said:

the video clearly showed plenty of cars going around her parked car.. im sure she could have easily passed the cyclists if she really wanted to.

sonarrat said:

You have no idea what the circumstances are though. If they were riding three abreast and not letting traffic go buy, then they deserved to get yelled at, but not hit. It's also highly unlikely that that is the case. I've never seen a group of cyclists doing that. They always ride in a line, as it's more efficient that way. It's even more unlikely i the road is a very busy one.

Bottom line, there was no reason to bump them.

What a big bitch. That whale needed to be harpooned.

I don't have problems with cyclists because i can ride beside (and of course pass) them easily on my bike (motorcycle). Bicyclists aren't much of a problem in terms of congestion where I live...you can generally just go around them in your vehicle.

sonarrat said:

Her shenanigans held up way more traffic than the bicyclists ever could have.

gkrykewy said:
For emphasis:

In most of the United States

IT IS
ILLEGAL
TO
BICYCLE
ON THE
SIDEWALK

Bicyclists are mandated to ride in the road. Here in Philadelphia, this goes for cyclists over 12 years of age, for example.

you can in ohio, of course we have no jobs to ride our bikes to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom