• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBoaT Rumourathon 3000: Titanfall 720p, party system nonsense, still alpha textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogdud

Eh?

I played it on Xbox One, no running problems at all. Cant speak for PC.

Even the 30fps youtube vids of xbone footage looked like it slowed down below 30fps, titan battles, several titans on the field, etc.

I played pc and it ran smooth as silk locked at 60 with no issues at all on pc (to be expected). The xbox definitely looked much worse performance wise. But then again it was an 'alpha'.

jester_

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

respawn pls

mrklaw

MrArseFace
The beta had framerate rate issues. Unheard of :p

Of course that is fine, I wasn't criticising the beta. My point was that people are saying 'oh but the beta had high res textures' as though therefore they would be in he final game. But maybe the framerate instability means they have to reduce the textures somewhat?

Doesn't matter if you have 5Gb of ram for textures if the GPU can only read a fraction of that. At 60fps and 68Gb/s main bandwidth, that's 1GB per frame max for all textures, models and any redraw (eg alpha effects). Maybe that was choking on some maps?

Dlacy13g

But the beta had framerate issues? Assuming changes need to be made, isn't it possible they might need to adjust resolution and lower the overall size of textures? I doubt they'd switch everything to the alpha textures, but they might need to downgrade some of them?

The beta had framerate issues or some hiccups? Big difference imo. My experience in the beta was a few framerate judders but nothing I would call an issue enough to lower resolution and textures. It ran pretty damn smoothly.

TheCloser

Banned
Someone mentioned earlier that microsoft may be on to him and that he may be posting false rumors on purpose. Certainly an interesting theory indeed. Either way, we might be witnessing the fall of a great man.

Big-Boss-Salute.jpg

The beta had framerate issues or some hiccups? Big difference imo. My experience in the beta was a few framerate judders but nothing I would call an issue enough to lower resolution and textures. It ran pretty damn smoothly.

No, it had issues. Not hiccups. Issues. Very real, very obvious issues.

He sounds...really normal these days. I hope he isn't dumbing down his posts for more people to understand; I liked the little puzzles the old ones had.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Someone mentioned earlier that microsoft may be on to him and that he may be posting false rumors on purpose. Certainly an interesting theory indeed. Either way, we might be witnessing the fall of a great man.

Big-Boss-Salute.jpg

why would he post false rumours on purpose in that situation, i don't understand

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
So are we now just tossing out what the DEVELOPERS said and believing cboat?

CBoaT has obviously direct or indirect access to inside information, but the rumor itself still has to be at least consistent with what we know to be believable. The party chat thing is consistent with the circumstances of the XBO's system software, so it's per-se believable. The resolution downgrade rumor also sounds reasonable but is already at odds with other evidence. The texture rumor is just weird and calls for a good explanation and better evidence to be believable.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Wouldn't surprise me if the res went back down to 720p after some of the reported framerate issues in Titans. Too small of a res bump to do much good for clarity and framerate is a bigger priority for Respawn.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Sorry, but the texture thing sticks in my craw as something incredibly stupid, considering we just saw the beta textures and there was a visual upgrade. We can reopen this conversation when Titanfall is released and proper comparisons can be performed.

720p and Party Chat may not be enough to save this account from the banstick.

jester_

Respawn also denied CBOAT's 14 maps rumor (15 counting training, which obviously needs its own map), but look how close that is looking to true. I'm betting since the Beta wasn't 60 stable at whatever res it's at, we'll see somewhere between 700 and 792p. Don't see it going up, that's for sure.

PBY

Banned
Wouldn't surprise me if the res went back down to 720p after some of the reported framerate issues in Titans. Too small of a res bump to do much good for clarity and framerate is a bigger priority for Respawn.

Why would that dev post that here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom