• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBoaT Rumourathon 3000: Titanfall 720p, party system nonsense, still alpha textures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gestault

I can think of reasons for the the resolution dip in terms of the final product, but those specific assertions from Cboat are going to be a threshhold point for me:

If he's wrong on any part of that set of claims, it'll make him look unreliable to me. I understand that things are in flux in these sorts of dev environments, but if he's running to the web with the first info he comes across no matter its veracity or likelihood of changing, his whole effort is just pointless. I don't want another "Prince of Persia" reveal the next time there's a Halo trailer.

Yeah I don't know.

I don't like Microsoft as much as the next guy, but CBOAT has really been clamping down on the negative Microsoft stuff.

It's not that it's unwarranted necessarily...it's just gets a bit tiring after a while.

Doesn't make any sense for him to post something outright incorrect... but evidence suggests otherwise?

If he's going to go down he could have at least gone down in a blaze of glory.

MormaPope

Banned
If Cboat is right, my god would that be hilarious.

I've never seen Cboat as some sort of truth spewing figure. Boat is simply a middle man for rumors inside the industry, maybe Boat heard more and decided this was a decent rumor to pass on, it could also be a misfire.

x-Lundz-x

ihMdeHM1RDMcv.jpg

8/10

flkraven

This is a very comprehensive CBOAT rumor very close to a release. Titanfall is released in like 2 and a half weeks. If CBOAT is out to lunch and wrong about all of these predictions, does that mean he has been made? That someone is giving him intentionally incorrect info? Does that mean...we've lost CBOAT? :*(

StuBurns

Banned
Having been part of running betas and pre-release demos for games, let me say this - ain't nobody got time for that this close to release. The game is due out in 2 weeks, code submission would have been made at least a week to 10 days ago. It doesn't add up at all, based on my experience.

That's why I'm calling bullshit on his texture post. I just don't see it (pun intended).
Assuming he's not talking about the alpha transparency used in the fog effect and hurting performance, could you not compress textures on the fly when loading a level? Although I don't get how that's going to help performance, it's not going to free up additional memory for the framebuffer if it's on the eSRAM, no?

Did someone take comparison shots of the alpha and beta textures? Surely someone did.

And the game was dropping frames as per DF at 792p, so I wouldn't expect res to get higher than that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So uh, if we can stop the bickering for a second and address this: were the beta textures better than the alpha ones or not?

CBoaT's cred is on the line here.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
lol at people who accuse CBOAT to spread only bad rumors about the xbox one

A rumor is not bad or good (unless you are a fanboy). It can be only true or false.

Well that kind of was my reaction to round 1. Devs have incentive to hedge/be nebulous, but they came out and straight up denied it.

I'm sure if it isn't true, they will deny it within the next 24 hours. No way this doesn't spread like wildfire.

Yeah. It would suck if the textures or resolution were downgraded to get a stable frame rate on the Xbox One.

Indeed. I'd still have a ball playing it, mind you. But...nobody wants to play a game on low settings. That's not what we bought into "next gen" for.

BWJinxing

Well considering the drama around Titanfall, some fault lies in the hands of EA and Microsoft.

It was only a few months ago they found out they would have to ditch their ps4 port, that was development resources wasted.

But on the other hand, i understand its a mod of the HL2 engine but it is dis-concerning to hear about this xbone version nearing its public release. The source engine is no crysis engine.

Good luck, Titanfall devs.

Domdev

Banned
Doesn't make any sense for him to post something outright incorrect... but evidence suggests otherwise?

If he's going to go down he could have at least gone down in a blaze of glory.

He is probably drunk. In about 12 hours he will wake up, check gaf, and be all like:

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

JABEE

Yeah I don't know.

I don't like Microsoft as much as the next guy, but CBOAT has really been clamping down on the negative Microsoft stuff.

It's not that it's unwarranted necessarily...it's just gets a bit tiring after a while.
My only problem with this is that shit might be pretty bad at Microsoft right now. If he's telling the truth, the information is interesting and worthy, but if it's a bunch of BS, then it's tiring.

MS seems to be banking it's Entire generation on Titanfall. By wrapping up exclusive rights and promoting it so hard, it really is their big gambit. I know it's VERY early but it's clear they want Titanfall to sell a huge amount of systems before they risk being behind for a few years.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea I think he's just flat out wrong on this one.

Has anyone compared though the alpha textures to the beta textures? My understanding is that it's kinda hard due to the different resolution in the alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom