• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cboat with the latest truthfacts!

I am trying to not be a fanboy but I just cant imagine why someone would get a xbox 1 day 1 for the simple fact that Kinect will be removed really soon and the console sold for cheap.

It will probably happen in time for titanfall.

At least with the ps4 early buyers wont get screwed over by a price drop in the first 6 months.

The systems power, incredibly thin 2014 lineup of games and potential reliability problems due to last minute changes are a bit down on my list when it comes to reasons to wait on the xbox one.

Still there are so many red flags for early adopters with this one. People should really wait a few months on this one.

Iacobellis

Wasn't most of the E3 stuff right except for mistaking Prince of Persia for Halo 5. It was Gamescom that was a complete clusterfuck.

Gamescom was incorrect because he was trying his hand at Sony info. When it comes to Microsoft, CBoaT has been right just about every time.

I wonder if place means Microsoft or NeoGAF...

le.phat

As an outsider, that lurks, GAF doesn't look much different than that. Albeit less crass in execution but pretty much shaking the ass at MS and calling all negatives with anyone defending it being unreliable, and embracing everything Sony does.

I am not a fanboy of either company (if anything I prefer Sony consoles and my gaming history will back this up). But I want parity in discussion. That we don't have on the internet at all, including here.

XboxOneDev's history on Reddit to me is much more satisfying and telling than CBOAT. Sorry to step on your god's toes but spreading vague rumours that when are wrong are excused and when are right or kind of right are held up as the 'truthfact' aren't exactly my cup of tea.

XboxOneDev's history speaks in great detail about console(s) and are posted to inform. THAT'S substance. And I can't help but agree with his response to CBOAT, in that, there can't be a response as he is not SAYING anything but is rather throwing out accusations.

XboxOneDev is obviously ALLOWED to post. His position isn't under scrutiny, and you will never see him refute penello, major, or any other the PR dudes. So yes, obviously his posts are less cryptic.

nampad

I have to say I enjoy all those salty deniers after cboat leaks nearly more than the actual leaks themselves :)

People still try to downplay him here or somewhere else on the internet so much, cboat's bidet most be overflowing.

What have you been hearing? Are we talking about reliability issues? Please reply to this, it's kind of important.
Im with this dude. Not that my future console purchase next month depends on this, but for some insight and sureness please stop with the vague stuff and straight up say it. man...

Even what Cboat said is that a confirmation xbox ones will be breaking down when it comes out due to the upclock making it a RROD fiasco? Then its, "issues" with an S. More than just that as a problem? I mean holy shit is MS this damn dumb or what? I dont know why we just cant know exactly.

artist

Banned
As an outsider, that lurks, GAF doesn't look much different than that. Albeit less crass in execution but pretty much shaking the ass at MS and calling all negatives with anyone defending it being unreliable, and embracing everything Sony does.

I am not a fanboy of either company (if anything I prefer Sony consoles and my gaming history will back this up). But I want parity in discussion. That we don't have on the internet at all, including here.

XboxOneDev's history on Reddit to me is much more satisfying and telling than CBOAT. Sorry to step on your god's toes but spreading vague rumours that when are wrong are excused and when are right or kind of right are held up as the 'truthfact' aren't exactly my cup of tea.

XboxOneDev's history speaks in great detail about console(s) and are posted to inform. THAT'S substance. And I can't help but agree with his response to CBOAT, in that, there can't be a response as he is not SAYING anything but is rather throwing out accusations.
I'll bite.

Does anybody (from the persecution-complex group) honestly feel that the internetz and GAF woke up one fine day and suddenly decided - thou shalt not believe MS? No. And the opposite for Sony? No. I've seen Sony and PS3 be the butt of many jokes, hell I was one of the vocal ones making them circa 2005-2006. But that's not the point, which is that the tone of messaging from both of them took a stark turn from the Feb reveal. Sony's messaging was very unlike of them, and the complete opposite of the 2005 reveal. Even now, Sony doesnt seem to be interested in "waving their dicks" especially when they can. This is in complete contrast to MS, which I think fumbled up with their messaging since the last few years when Mattrick started presenting. It just got worse this year when they decided to pull the DRM the gaming market as a positive, they've had to lie and lie more just to get out of that mess. Heck, even the relatively honest looking Albert couldnt help getting trapped into the same shtick.

Another (big) thing is that there were known MS astroturfers here and were gladly taken care of thanks to a swift purge by the deliverer. In fact, they are still being regularly being purged to this week I think. What happened to them on reddit? Nothing. It's one big reason you see Larry Hryb being comfortable there than over here. So much for Larry's excuse that he doesnt post on GAF because his membership never got approved. There's that saying that you if you cant stand the heat, get out of the GAF. But I'm sure there is a valid reason for all this, just like everything else.

Coming to CBOAT, I'm pretty sure people continually question his rep and credibility just because he brings news that is as uncomfortable as GDDR5 to the Xbone architects. And no, he also leaked plenty of exclusive game + other positive news for the Xbone but it's easy to sweep that under the rug and deny it's origins. For the stories that didnt come to fruition, I'm willing to give him the benefit of doubt because he's been on the money for a LOT of other things. Maybe thats just his misdirection, you know sometimes you mix the information you have with the information from 2nd or even 3rd sources, just because it then gets harder to trace the leak back to you. CBOAT brings immense value to GAF, just like the rest of the insiders here - mortimer, llhere, Matt, thuway, StevieP (lol) & others.

Hurley

So lets see:

- A claim regarding resolution that any sophisticated developer should be able to assess based on the known HW specs.
- A completely implausible claim that MS was able to speed up the development schedule for their console and all their games by 12 months.
- A completely vague reference to "issues" with the HW, despite the fact that he/she has felt comfortable leaking very specific info earlier.

A combination of lies & guesses? Just trolling? The possibilities are endless!
Not really. Its one of those two.

Seriously?

Feindflug

Since it's a 60fps game, it'll likely not be 1080p, but it's just assumptions at this point.

Well it could be a 1080p/60fps game if they were minimal improvements in graphics over Halo 4 I guess but this is highly unlikely to happen, though to be honest it'd be interesting to see 343i pushing scale/enemies on screen and focusing on things like AI & animations while keeping more or less Halo 4's graphical quality but at the best possible IQ (1080p/60fps).

The reactions to such a design choice would be really interesting to see.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
A lot of people are talking about reliability too itt since it could be implied in cboat's post, I'm focusing on it because it's completely new news if true.

Ok, fair enough, I myself have brought it up a couple of times because many people seemed to overlook that part. I've been skipping a lot of the last pages so forgive me :)

HariKari

Seriously?

Surely someone who posts what appears to be nonsense at first glance worthy of 1,100+ replies in half a day is just your run of the mill troll... right? I can understand being skeptical but what part of "doing this well for a decade" do people not understand?

Seriously?

Well to be fair, the "900p res could be common" thing is just a regurgitation of what we've seen for a long time from various other sources including publications.

Multiplat developers coding to the lowest common denominator is nothing new since the word "multiplat" even came into existence.

Other stuff is indeed quite vage tbh regarding issues and upclocks.

What did he say about upclocks anyway?

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Surely someone who posts what appears to be nonsense at first glance worthy of 1,100+ replies in half a day is just your run of the mill troll... right? I can understand being skeptical but what part of "doing this well for a decade" do people not understand?

If you'd put hard earned cash down on a console that was a $100 dearer and 50% weaker, would you want to believe what CBOAT says? It's that simple.

I would respond to those with more questions as well. Indulge us in more information CBOAT. My point is, no productive discussion can come from what CBOAT is doing.

He is fuelling the fires of both fanboy camps. XB1 fans will not believe him, PS fans will. There are no facts here for a rational person to think about. When XboxOneDev is trying to start a real discussion and to do that, he of course has to ask CBOAT why he believes what he believes. You can't have a discussion from a vague one line statement.

You gotta be joking man... cboat is million times more reliable than any fanboy on reddit.
Most games wont be 1080p... One can answer yes or not to that fully rationally. One: he does not know or two: do not want to answer. Why cboat thinks that? maybe he has seen or heard about it from multiple reliable sources. It really is not important to the statement or answering to it. that is avoiding answer giving. For fun I will go and read his posthistory to see.

edit1. cboat even wrote esram as reason for 720 to 900 as common res.

So lets see:

- A claim regarding resolution that any sophisticated developer should be able to assess based on the known HW specs.
- A completely implausible claim that MS was able to speed up the development schedule for their console and all their games by 12 months.
- A completely vague reference to "issues" with the HW, despite the fact that he/she has felt comfortable leaking very specific info earlier.

A combination of lies & guesses? Just trolling? The possibilities are endless!
Not really. Its one of those two.

Your ability to see through the lies and trolls of a leaker with 10+ years of history both astounds and amazes me. I salute you, good sir and volunteer to provide a fine speech for your accounts inevitable death.

Bobnob

If the PS4 fails simalar to the RROD thingy will people be mad with CBoats for not calling it especially if these rumours are about xbox one become to be untrue.Is CBs arse on the wire for those who have changed side because of "TRUTHFACTS"

Can you please collect all your bitter tears? I hear CBoaT's got another bathroom.

I don't see how your reply is relevant to the text you selected to quote?

Or are you just mad that I stated the 900p thing is already mass discussed issue and not actually new info from cboat?

Nekofrog

Banned
Why is it everytime I read a post that makes me picardwtf.jpg, I look to the left and it says junior member (aside from when I read my own posts)?

CookTrain

If the PS4 fails simalar to the RROD thingy will people be mad with CBoats for not calling it especially if these rumours are about xbox one become to be untrue.Is CBs arse on the wire for those who have changed side because of "TRUTHFACTS"

I think it's pretty much known by now that CBOAT has far more of an inside ear at MS than he does at Sony.

"Mass discussed" ... by what, Ryse?

There have been articles on it in publications like Edge and Digital Foundry.

And large amounts of talk about it here too.

Again, I'm not seeing how your initial reply was at all relevant to what I posted.

Are you just mad because I stated that this has been discussed already and that it isn't new info?

No need to be so hostile tbh. You can disagree with a person without attacking them.

Everything CBOAT has said about ps4 has been hit or miss.

Maybe that proves he works at MS because clearly they didn't have a clue what Sony had cooking with the ps4 and explains how they got blind sided.

Hurley

No, that's not what will happen at all.

SeanR1221

I honestly don't think either system will have a RROD fiasco.

I'm sure MS had some idea of the RROD before launching the 360, and CBOAT never called that.

I wouldn't start jumping the gun that a very vague statement about risks means RROD 2.0.

Are you just mad because I stated that this has been discussed already and that it isn't new info?

What is with the, "youmad? posts? My quote reply to you was a CBoaT thing, in jest.

The only title I've seen discussed as "900p" is Ryse, yes, as a forum we are smart enough to realize the Xbox One isn't going to hit 1080p for most games but why is that relevant, when CBoaT posts it - it turns from speculations to confirmation.

Kydd BlaZe

The systems power, incredibly thin 2014 lineup of games and potential reliability problems due to last minute changes are a bit down on my list when it comes to reasons to wait on the xbox one.

What?

2014 looks godlike:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Fable Legends

spisho

Neo Member
I'm gonna give MS the benefit of the doubt on reliability. If they can't properly cool their APU with that large a case I don't know what to say.

Joni

CBOAT has never claimed to have insider knowledge about the PS4, and most people here think he actually has an important position at Microsoft.

Bobnob

Could be that he does'nt want to call out sony there's a lot of monies at stake. I guess i dont get the half baked rumours what cause more attention by the shitstorm they cause.Seems intentional.

Joni

Could be that he does'nt want to call out sony there's a lot of monies at stake. I guess i dont get the half baked rumours what cause more attention by the shitstorm they cause.Seems intentional.
He has also spread positive things about the Xbox One like the Titanfall and Dead Rising 3 exclusivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom