• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLY_

Banned
"I hope you aren't fans of 1080P on Xbox One.When hardware is released you'll see what I mean about issues. Upclocks too risk everywhere, 2014 was a better idea."

Sounds like there'll be problems a-la Xbox 360 with reliability and it was rushed out to be in 2013 rather than 2014 when planned.

They just weren't ready and the fact they postponed the reveal, the continuously mixed message about the X1 capabilities, the 180's all I think reinforces that point. Everything has felt reactionary.

Bishop89

You guys are naive if you think the only exclusive sony has for 2014 is infamous (which is a feb game)

Considering they have the most 1st party studios out there.

Has it even been confirmed sunset overdrive and quantum break are 2014 titles?

Kydd BlaZe

Yup and this is why I'm sticking with the One. Simply more games I want to play.
Yup same here. Xbox One has the better exclusives at the moment, IMO. I also couldn't care less about this whole sub 1080p debate, as I have a very capable PC to handle those needs. It all simply boils down to the games & exclusives, which I feel Microsoft is doing a great job with so far.

You guys are naive if you think the only exclusive sony has for 2014 is infamous (which is a feb game)

Isn't the order also 2014?

What?

2014 looks godlike:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Fable Legends

Thats a line up of 6 games.... and 1 of them is Kinect Sports........

PS4 on the other hand has a giant mountain of downloadable games as well as a decent line up of boxed games. I will say that unfortunately Sony hasnt announced what it has coming for Q4 2014 yet but thats normally a VGA's thing.

But my point is MS need downloadable games to fill the gaps. I dont want to get in a list war but I will just say titanfall doesnt make up for a dead downloadable scene.

mocoworm

agreed. Sony pony only has infamous for 2014. looks like they're going into the fight without a full pack of cards. and they will get destroyed.

I got a PERMAban and accused of being a MS employee for posting similar. Be aware.

I would add that they also have Killzone, Resogun and The Order amongst others.

Kydd BlaZe

agreed. Sony pony only has infamous for 2014. looks like they're going into the fight without a full pack of cards. and they will get destroyed.
Joke post?

We really don't know much about what Sony is bringing to the table next year, outside of Infamous and The Order 1886 (both of which look fantastic, by the way).

velociraptor

What?

2014 looks godlike:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Fable Legends
4/6 of those games have the potential to be legitatemly awesome.

That is an excellent line up.

The PS4 has barely anything to compare. The Order 1886 and Infamous. Is that it? They need at least another game or two.

QaaQer

XboxOneDev is obviously ALLOWED to post. His position isn't under scrutiny, and you will never see him refute penello, major, or any other the PR dudes. So yes, obviously his posts are less cryptic.

I'm sure his posts are vetted by PR as well. I can't be bothered with the mess that is reddit; but if his arguments are sound, I'd hope someone would bring them over here.

myca77

What?

2014 looks godlike:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Fable Legends

PS4 has Resogun though and it's free for PS+ customers, have you not seen those voxels?

semi-serious

TBH it's only Quantum Break that personally interests me in that list (I loved Alan Wake), here's hoping for a PC port down the line. Halo 5 will shift units though, just not my cup of tea.

Feindflug

Halo 5 resolution confirmed?

Confirmed by me? of course not, but semi-confirmed by Bruceleeroy? perhaps.

I'm not an insider in any way and in that post I responded to a poster that said that Halo 5 won't be a 1080p title with a possible scenario on how 343i may be able to achieve that resolution while keeping the 60fps.

DeviantBoi

If you don't have the hardware, might as well show off every game you have cause something is bound to catch people's attention.

Sony is the considerate lover... It doesn't blow it's wad on the first two minutes.

QaaQer

4/6 of those games have the potential to be legitatemly awesome.

That is an excellent line up.

The PS4 has barely anything to compare. The Order 1886 and Infamous. Is that it? They need at least another game or two.

pretty sure there will be at least 2 games released for ps4 in 2014.

I'm gonna give MS the benefit of the doubt on reliability. If they can't properly cool their APU with that large a case I don't know what to say.

Problem may be in components (mainly APU one could assume) themselfs as in usage reliability is bad. One does not need temp problems to have problems.
I would assume good quality controll as bad publicity from another rrod fiasco would be worse than not enough units.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Wait so Xbox One owners have to be thankful to ESRAM to even get 900p? am I reading this right?

DemonNite

2014 will be interesting for PlayStation news - don't you worry :)

Seanspeed

Banned
I got a PERMAban and accused of being a MS employee for posting similar. Be aware.

I would add that they also have Killzone, Resogun and The Order amongst others.
Wow, your tag cant be serious? Mods? Are you seriously going to tag people, telling people to ignore their opinions just because somebody had the audacity to think Microsoft's lineup was better?

Surely there was more to it?

SeanR1221

Maybe ignorance is bliss.

Thinking about it this morning, I don't know what a flop is. I don't know what ERAM is. I'm not sure I could tell the difference between 900p and 1080p unless I was shown two screens side by side.

What I do know is I'm excited for a new console generation and want to see where both companies go. I've said it many times before, competition is good. Without competition, maybe sony wouldn't have improved psn. Without competition, maybe ms wouldn't have 180d (ok that's almost certain).

Just trailing off a little to remind people you can and should be excited for your console of choice.

artist

Banned
Wow, your tag cant be serious? Mods? Are you seriously going to tag people, telling people to ignore their opinions just because somebody had the audacity to think Microsoft's lineup was better?

Common sense. Since when is Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break & Halo5 part of the launch window?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Sony announced they were working on more first party exclusive titles for PS4 up to the end of 2014 than MS announced.

MS have basically announced what all their titles are through to the end of 2014. Sony still have plenty more to announce during 2014.

What about doawnloadable games and FTP games im looking forward to Octodad ,Mercenary kings, planet side 2 that super hero game just to name a few.

I have a friend who is working in a higher up QA position at a big publisher. While playing online with him over the weekend he told me that he basically hasn't seen any Xbone builds because the games are not working very well yet. So far all the testing seems to take place on PS4. Crazy how MS could fall so far behind, I am sure the policy changes contributed to it greatly. Say what you want about Major Nelson, but I think he was right for once. It was not as simple as flipping a switch to make the games compliant with being played from disc, etc.

nynt9

What?

2014 looks godlike:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Halo 5
Sunset Overdrive
Kinect Sports Rivals
Fable Legends

Which games in this list are confirmed 2014? Titanfall and Kinect Sports. Come on, don't let Microsoft's vague PR get you, look for official confirmation.

Cels

he said mirror's edge 2 at ms, but it was at ea conf, so that should be considered a mistake.

also prince of persia (which has been mentioned a thousand times by now) at e3, missing the ps4 release date (admittedly he is more of an ms leaker than a sony leaker) as well as missing exclusive capcom xbone dlc news at e3. i think those are some of the things he got wrong, not too bad.

Well the fact he listed pretty much everything Microsoft had whilst deliberately neglecting at least half the known games coming to PS4...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom