• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elios83

Explain the logic in why he would lie about silicon yields. When a company executive makes false public statements about stuff like that, the company can eventually end up being sued by investors or the SEC.

What's the upside that would justify such a risk? Whose purchasing decision is hinging on whether or not yields are good? The only gamers who still care about whether the yields really were bad are the ultra partisans, much like the only people still closely following the Benghazi story are Fox News viewers.

Wait wait...do you really think that posts made by PR people on a message board are subject to SEC? :D In that case damage control wouldn't exist :p
Microsoft hasn't issued any financial document about the expected shipments for the Xbox One, they haven't committed to anything,they can say whatever they want to protect their image.
That's not to say that Penello is lying because no one can demonstrate it....but that's the whole point!
But honestly this debate is kinda useless so close to launch, their numbers will speak clearly about the situation.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wait wait...do you really think that posts made by PR people on a message board are subject to SEC? :D In that case damage control wouldn't exist :p
Microsoft hasn't issued any financial document about the expected shipments for the Xbox One, they haven't committed to anything,they can say whatever they want to protect their image.
That's not to say that Penello is lying because no one can demonstrate it....but that's the whole point!
But honestly this debate is kinda useless so close to launch, their numbers will speak clearly about the situation.
all employees are governed by law, regulations and hopefully common sense.

Elios83

all employees are governed by law, regulations and hopefully common sense.

This goes completely beyond the point of a PR guy simply doing his job ;)
Low yields accusations have no basis, simply because they're relative to an internal target they have not stated.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Low yields accusations have no basis, simply because they're relative to an internal target they have not stated.
you implied he was magically immune to SEC regs.

tfur

Exactly.
"Production is going according to plan*." *Internal plans have accommodations for production yields.

There is no SEC guideline problems.

I work in O&G, one of the most regulated industries out there, and there's a lot of dust under the carpet that isn't told to consumers.

Eg. no O&G company will tell you they're facing production issues because of water contamination. These issues are handled internally. And even when there's problems that extend beyond the company walls, most of the times companies do their very best to internalise and isolate these problems so that it doesn't become a PR issue.

Wille517

Neo Member
You do actually raise a valid point if it were true and resulted in a mass shift in the stock value it would be considered conspiracy to commit insider trading but that implying SEC would go after MS in any way they actively participate in NSA domestic spying programs and which gives them de facto immunity from other government agencies tampering in their affairs. Much like how the CIA protects heroin smugglers and produces in the far east in exchange for information on "terrorists" and a cut of the action to fund their black ops.

viveks86

Wouldn't surprise me. I was just kidding after all, but the internet doesn't convey jokes very well...

Awwww... This is why you need GIFs.

tina-fey-alec-baldwin-there-there.gif

Alx

Wouldn't surprise me. I was just kidding after all, but the internet doesn't convey jokes very well...

Yes, that's why posting a trollish message followed by "just kidding" is never a good idea. Especially since many trolls use it as a (thin) protection to cover their back and still annoy people.

Brofield

Was there any sort of collection of CBOAT's posts that detailed what's been happening with the Xbone?

Getting into a 3 on 1 argument from friends who are shutting me down over my choice in PS4 over Xbone.

There's no way the SEC could do anything about it. No numbers were disclosed, he was just shooting down speculation.

Maybe the headset compatibility? It sort of counts as bad news I suppose
People who use headsets will find it a little frustrating I suppose

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
These posts by Cboat make a lot more sense now that the difference between CoD:Ghosts being 720 on X1 is known:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=706779

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1rqqa5o

Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven’t had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom