• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CBOAT's latest update

Status
Not open for further replies.
On one hand you say all it will do is make you extend the warranty while on the other you say it will make you cancel your preorder ... which is it? You seem comfortable with the fact you've had 4 360s so I'd guess you're not really that bothered and you will buy an X1 anyway.

You're right lol.
I'm just super conflicted right now. An unprecedented amount of conflict for me, personally. I guess it really shone through in that post :/

paolo11

Question,when CBOAT leaked about Titanfall being one year exclusive, does it mean that there will be a possible PS4 version?

DirtyLarry

Just a little perspective...

If a professional basketball player made 60% of the shots they took, they would have the highest shooting percentage in the entire history of the NBA. (.599 is the record)

Considering CBOAT seems to have at least a similar percentage of correctly stated video game related leaks, he or she is a legend.

Carry On.

iosefe

Just a little perspective...

If a professional basketball player made 60% of the shots they took, they would have the highest shooting percentage in the entire history of the NBA. (.599 is the record)

Considering CBOAT seems to have at least a similar percentage of correctly stated video game related leaks, he or she is a legend.

Carry On.

except a little over 90%, so super legend it is.

Other than not being ready, I believe HW issues is just one reason why we aren't hearing of a lot of consoles ready for preorder.

Agree. There must be more to it.

And rightfully so. Having said that, I would urge you to sit tight and wait for more solid info before you decide to cancel your preorder (not that you might be doing it, just putting it out there for everyone reading this). I've seen several knee jerk reactions lately. You still have a month to decide. It would be wise to make full use of it.

I'm Not gonna cancel...just gonna wait and hang in there :D

Into

If Titanfall is a huge hit or bomb, does that change the supposed/rumored 1 year exclusivity?

One could argue that if its a huge hit, that MS will pull more strings to keep it exclusive, yet if it is huge, then surely EA would want that game on other platforms to get even more sales.

If its a bomb, will Sony even give a shit?

Or is all this irrelevant and game is being semi developed as we speak?

All that is assuming The Buttocks is right, which he usually is

tokkun

If Titanfall is a huge hit or bomb, does that change the supposed/rumored 1 year exclusivity?

One could argue that if its a huge hit, that MS will pull more strings to keep it exclusive, yet if it is huge, then surely EA would want that game on other platforms to get even more sales.

Microsoft managed to keep Gears of War exclusive, and that was a huge hit. But meanwhile, Mass Effect was also a big hit, but that eventually went multiplatform. So I don't think we have enough information to make an accurate prediction either way.

Joni

Question,when CBOAT leaked about Titanfall being one year exclusive, does it mean that there will be a possible PS4 version?
It is 'confirmed'. Respawn has already heavily hinted at a PS4 version.

If it is a hit, it will come out as a port from the PC version in the spring of 2015. If it is a bomb, it will depend on the size of the bomb. If it on the level of Haze, it will remain exclusive.

Microsoft managed to keep Gears of War exclusive, and that was a huge hit. But meanwhile, Mass Effect was also a big hit, but that eventually went multiplatform. So I don't think we have enough information to make an accurate prediction either way.
Gears of War is an actual exclusive like Mass Effect. Only when the original contract runs out, a port is possible. That is why it took 5 years or something to get Mass Effect on the PS3.

StuBurns

Banned
I think the Destiny contract leak was interesting, the idea of a full release (Destiny), then an expanded version (Comet) the next year. I imagine TitanFall on a similar path.

It's like Bioshock. EA will port Titanfall to the PS4 whether it's a big hit, a non event or a bomb.

Coiote

Why do you guys think that it is EA that would want to port Titanfall to other platforms?

Come on guys, it's a game from the original Call of Duty Modern Warfare developers. They will do what they want and guess what: they want to be a even bigger success than before. They will want to port it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I can see early on there being some 900p games on PS4, but not later. Once they get the hang of it (2-3 years down the road), all games should run 1080p without sacrificing graphical features.

Resolution has trended down during this gen, especially with Multiplatform games coming from PC as lead platform. Consoles simply can't keep up and so are dropping the resolution and/or framerate to keep up. Even though devs are more familiar with the hardware, they are simply being asked to do too much, and something has to give

Microsoft’s Albert Penello Investigates on Xbox One/PS4 Resolution Differences, Discusses Findings

When I was searching I saw an article on it. I don’t actually know, so I can’t confirm anything.

To be clear – I don’t know the resolution for every 3rd party game on XBO. I don’t know why people think I would. Do you believe the 3rd parties are giving me a report on the latest resolutions of their games? Or I can just call up and they will share it?

I know the resolutions of our First party games, that’s it.

And, to be clear, I was asking if anyone had a list COMPARING Xbox One and PS4 resolutions. Even in the list above, it doesn’t give me the XBO resolutions for a lot of 3rd parties.

I ended up generating my own list.

Of course he was asked to share his list, and here’s what he found out:

Well my list has a lot of holes in. It basically looks the same as what was posted above – I can’t find comparisons of both platforms for 3rd party titles.

Basically, what I see is that Sony’s first party games are all 1080p. Our games are a mix. And of course you mix inconsistencies on framerates where both KI and Forza are 60fps, DC and Knack are 30, and KIllzone is a mix.

But I was more curious about the 3rd party titles and I’ve found no official comments on their resolutions. Given that, and the fact I don’t know because they are 3rd party games, means I can’t draw any conclusions.

Upon further questioning, he explained how the relationship between the Xbox team and third parties works, mentioning that only very few at Microsoft are privy on sensitive information from third parties.

I’m sorry that peoples’ lack of understanding of our team works, gets translated into me being disingenuous.

OF COURSE we have a 3rd party team that works very closely with publishers.

That team is organizationally separate from the rest of us. Why? Because that team deals with very sensitive information. Remember, we are both a competitor and a partner to our publishers.

To preserve that balance, our 3rd party team isn’t in the habit of doling out information to the rest of the team, including me, whenever we want. I don’t get to walk over there and see whatever I want, or get these types of questions answered because of my position.

So what do you want to be true? That I can walk over and get any piece of information I want about any 3rd party game? Or that the IP of our partners is secured organizationally so publishers are confident that what they share with that team remains confidential?

Because the latter part is true. So yes, a lot of these details I will get near the same time the game actually ships.

So let’s use some common sense. Almost nobody that works on Xbox knows details of 3rd party games besides that team.

Basically, what I see is that Sony’s first party games are all 1080p. Our games are a mix. And of course you mix inconsistencies on framerates where both KI and Forza are 60fps, DC and Knack are 30, and KIllzone is a mix.

But I was more curious about the 3rd party titles and I’ve found no official comments on their resolutions. Given that, and the fact I don’t know because they are 3rd party games, means I can’t draw any conclusions.

I find it odd that he doesn't mention Ryse which isn't 1080p or runs at 60fps. If Sony has decided to make every one of their games 1080p but with variable frame rates that is quite a guideline as opposed to whatever works on the XBox One. Not every game needs to run at 60fps but 1080p should be the new standard.

I find it odd that he doesn't mention Ryse which isn't 1080p or runs at 60fps. If Sony has decided to make every one of their games 1080p but with variable frame rates that is quite a guideline as opposed to whatever works on the XBox One. Not every game needs to run at 60fps but 1080p should be the new standard.

Wrong. 1080p at 60 fps locked should be standard on both xbone and ps4. That they can't achieve that on all games yet is not great.

But eventually the PS4 games will run at 900p for bigger and better graphix. Then you're left with 720p on Xbone.

I wonder if it'll be like this gen

At the start try for 1080p (wipeout, ridge racer)

then almost everything is 720p

then stuff becomes 600p and people start to complain

then the framerate goes (donald everything was 24 fps .jpg)

then most devs just said fuck it lets bake all the lighting and most of the shadows like it's 1999 because it always looked better and will always look better on hardware that is too weak to do it properly when dynamic
(which was probably the best thing to do)

and then it seemed more games were 720p again ,at the same garbage framerates , and/or with some lines cut off the top and bottom, mini black bars so they don't have to scale at an akward ratio if they can't make 720p

I wonder if the cycle will be the same next gen, in order to chase shinier graphics

Jomjom

Banned
Hehehe, pilot dem titans using the WiiU pad..

But back to topic. I'm concerned about the upclocks that causes RROD.

I really don't think such an insignificant upclock will cause RROD. If RROD happens again (I really doubt it would, because I don't think MS wants to take a billion dollar loss on that again) it'll be because of something much worse than something like a little upclock.

Well, the assumption right now is that it will be a 1 year exclusive. At that point we are more likely to see titanfall 2.

Not to single you out because you've already been corrected by a few people but I have absolutely no clue why this keeps being brought up, even by respected guys like the Giantbomb crew. We're not talking about bloody Ubisoft, we're talking about possibly the smallest AAA team in the industry. A 2 year rotation alone would be pushing them pretty hard.

Considering the userbase that the PS4 will have by then it's essentially guaranteed that it'll show up on that platform and you're probably right in that it's being developed alongside the XB1 version.

Slashlen

Considering the userbase that the PS4 will have by then it's essentially guaranteed that it'll show up on that platform and you're probably right in that it's being developed alongside the XB1 version.

I doubt userbase has anything to do with it, short of the PS4 becoming another Wii U(it's not). It'll get there as soon as they're contractually allowed. It all depends on the strings that came with the moneyhat. If you believe the rumblings, it's just a timed exclusive.

satam55

Banned
Wrong. 1080p at 60 fps locked should be standard on both xbone and ps4. That they can't achieve that on all games yet is not great.

1080p should be the standard resolution for all games. But 60fps should only be the standard on certain genres like FPS, Fighting, Racing, & Sports games.

SnakeEyes

Banned
1080p should be the standard resolution for all games. But 60fps should only be the standard on certain genres like FPS, Fighting, Racing, & Sports games.
Pretty much anything that requires twitch-reactions should be 60FPS so I agree with FPS, Racing and Fighting.

Not to single you out because you've already been corrected by a few people but I have absolutely no clue why this keeps being brought up, even by respected guys like the Giantbomb crew. We're not talking about bloody Ubisoft, we're talking about possibly the smallest AAA team in the industry. A 2 year rotation alone would be pushing them pretty hard.

Developers can't grow? You guys talk like they'll stay small forever. That game is gonna be a huge hit. But yeah even if they grow they'll need a couple of teams to pull off one year rotations.

then most devs just said fuck it lets bake all the lighting and most of the shadows like it's 1999 because it always looked better and will always look better on hardware that is too weak to do it properly when dynamic

and then it seemed more games were 720p again ,at the same garbage framerates , and/or with some lines cut off the top and bottom, mini black bars so they don't have to scale at an akward ratio if they can't make 720p

I wonder if the cycle will be the same next gen, in order to chase shinier graphics

I hope you're wrong, but it doesn't sound unlikely...

I think multiplatform games might do that. I mean how many platforms are these games gonna be on? Think about all the resources you need to port the game to each platform and if you have time, optimize. Exclusives should be better. Especially on the more powerful console ;)

Hubble

I think this will exactly happen. I don't think the XBO/PS4 is capable of full 1080P will maximum eye candy, e.g,. AA, AF, etc. I think over time both consoles will be sub1080p, which ever resolution it is while balancing all the other stuff and surprisingly similar to this generation.

Vizzeh

Banned
I think this will exactly happen. I don't think the XBO/PS4 is capable of full 1080P will maximum eye candy, e.g,. AA, AF, etc. I think over time both consoles will be sub1080p, which ever resolution it is while balancing all the other stuff and surprisingly similar to this generation.

Does ps4 launch titles have exactly as you described? they can only get more refined as they learn the system of which is not being fully utilised. Wipeout isnt exactly an open world game. X1 is possibly so far based on evidence the only console struggling with 1080p titles.

Over time of course the games will drop resolution as more is asked from them in the graphics department. But it appears PS4 is a fair bit healthier at the moment, looking at those lists, and CBOAT's cryptic messages, and 1080p will last longer on it.

Well we'll see if Titan Fall 2 will be on PC. Remember Gears 1?

Gears was published/paid in full by Microsoft.

Titanfall is not.

Same reason no one really expects Sunset Overdrive to be ported to Ps4, despite Insomniac owning the IP. MS very likely has rights of first refusal on those titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom