• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR gets awarded for their industry-leading menstrual leave policy.

Animated GIF

Menstrual pain can be crippling for some woman so this would be cool for them. Between that and pregnancy I'm pretty glad to be a man.
I am not really against that. But sick days can be used anyway in many/most/all european countries any time. So the whole menstrual spin is entirely unnecessary. Female collegue of mine had many sick days for some maybe female problems, maybe not, it's not my concern, same as the sick days of another male colleague being hung over on some mondays...
Making it a special sick day rule for birthing persons only just goes fundamentally against the we want to be treated equal narrative. Equal unless we benefit from unequal ie beneficial treatment for special needs.
Whatever, I will not vote for any female politician and white knight repeating that equal pay bs, as long as mandatory military service is only for men and retirement age is still legally lower for women (for another 10 years) in my country.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
This is so ridiculous lol.

On one hand, good. Id rather not deal with people who themselves are miserable dealing with severe pain. I get that at home and i wish i could just go to a hotel and avoid all that drama for 5 days every month.

On the other hand, this would tell everyone in the office what each women's cycle is like. I highly fucking doubt all women would take this time off from sheer embarrassment alone. And what happens if some women dont take up that time. they will be at work and get promotions for being more productive.

I think a better solution would be to give women more sick days than men, and let them take it during that time of the month. or just let them work from home.

Not sure why you need to label it menstrual leave. I get like 4 mental health days every year. I never take it. Imagine going to workday and putting in Menstrual Leave time off requests. Now your boss knows you are gushing blood.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I am not really against that. But sick days can be used anyway in many/most/all european countries any time. So the whole menstrual spin is entirely unnecessary.
Making it a special sick day rule for birthing persons only just goes fundamentally against the we want to be treated equal narrative. Equal unless we benefit from unequal ie beneficial treatment for special needs.
Whatever, I will not vote for any female politician and white knight repeating that equal pay bs, as long as mandatory military service is only for men and retirement age is still legally lower for women (for another 10 years) in my country.
So what even is menstrual leave? Do women get extra paid time off days? Or is it just, they’re allowed to use sick days for menstruation? Is there some different process for using “menstrual leave” vs sick leave?

killatopak

Gold Member
I have plenty of sisters and a mother so I commend them for thinking about their issues. Hopefully everybody follows suit.

I know the only way for it to blaze a path is for the women to show increased efficiency in work due to this policy.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I dunno how this is any different than just taking a sick day? They're just not feeling great, right?
Not every company have unlimited sick days.

Let's say everyone gets 10 sick days a year. People who don't menstruate get to take 10 days when they have a bad cold or something. People who do menstruate have to those same 10 days for when they have a bad cold, but sometimes also have incredibly uncomfortable, borderlining on debilitating periods. Those things last about a week every month.

According to their stat, just over half used it twice. If they only had sick days, that would leave them with only 8 sick days to use for when they have a bad cold or something.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
I remember Colin Moriarty being cancelled for a joke with a sentiment not unlike the one behind this award-winning benefit.

What happened to Colin was absurd and ridiculously hypocritical, but what do the two have to do with each other?

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT THE US CDPR HQ? I don't wanna know.

A signal that strong would've pleased SETI.

Last edited:

K' Dash

I remember Colin Moriarty being cancelled for a joke with a sentiment not unlike the one behind this award-winning benefit.

turntables GIF

As a man who works from home with a wife who works from home too, the pressure of having your better half all day every day with you can be a lot to take, so I agree with the "joke".

MrRenegade

Report me if I continue to troll

turntables GIF

Well, the less that guy and his fellas talk, the better. And someone pls, give him vitamins.

Last edited:

Holammer

Menstruation used to be treated (and is still) considered a ritual impurity.
So let's go! Remove the impure ones from the office!

Skifi28

Gold Member
The best solution is to just give (mostly) unlimited sick leave. Here in the Netherlands you can be sick for up to two years and still get paid. You don't need a doctor's note nor is your employer allowed to ask you why you are sick.
How is that not getting abused to hell and back? If this happened over here 90% of the population would work one day every two years.

Top Bottom