• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CDPR gets awarded for their industry-leading menstrual leave policy.

I feel like this thread was made to spark some outrage....

I'm glad that the folks at CDPR have good working conditions. Wish more companies did that.
There are. I don't know why it needs to be celebrated that people can afford the luxury of even having kids tbh It's like some kind of odd flex on the plebs.

Peroroncino

Don't really mind this.

I mean, just imagine your dick hurting and dripping blood, I sure as fuck wouldn't wanna work that day as well, and if I had to, I'd be a pain to work with.

Soodanim

Gold Member
Wrong. If the law allows it, people will abuse it. In my country, you don't need to justify any medical leave shorter than 3 days. I have had countless absences in my team due to hangovers and other stuff, always on Fridays or days next to bank holidays.

I had a particular case of a guy with perennial migraines (actual ones) who suffered worse than menstruating women and he missed several days per month, his salary being the same as others. In the performance review, he scored less, but the company wouldn't fire him.

Girls had non-official menstruating sick leaves too. Some were real, others were not.

As for CD Projekt, this action isn't any problem, the LANGUAGE in which it's announced is. I don't trust any company that openly promotes DEI and doesn't dare mention the word "woman". And no, they are not being sarcastic.
You didn't say whether or not it was a small/medium company and whether or not people actually liked working there. When you have small, close-knit teams that give a shit about each other people tend to take the piss less. Unless of course your country's culture is to be a cunt regardless, in which case unlucky mate

Silver Wattle

Gold Member
I think menstrual leave is great, though the award for it is kind of lame.

Are the ones complaining about women getting more days off American? Because I have a feeling they are, due to the way American culture has gotten normal folks into a crabs in a bucket mindset

Red5

My company gives us 30 days sick leave annually if you hand over a doctor's note. It could be anything, flu, migraine, headaches, stomachaches, just write anything down and have a doctor sign it.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I had various female employes for 30++ years and they never asked for anything remotely similar, is menstrual pain the same for every woman?
I must be the luckiest boss ever.

nemiroff

Gold Member
Yes a period like none other.
Fire Truck GIF by Super Simple

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I feel like this thread was made to spark some outrage....

I'm glad that the folks at CDPR have good working conditions. Wish more companies did that.
CDPR deserves an award just for GOG which is the best thing to happen to PC gaming.

RespawnX

I had to do an entire book report in middle school about menstruation. It’s really nothing to laugh about and I feel so lucky as a man that my role in reproduction is just get hard, pump for a few mins, and jizz. Women really got the short end of the stick.
Unfortunately, there are far too many people here who seem to think this is absurd. But fortunately there are also enough who recognise the problem. It shows the educational gap for some people. There are plenty of women who suffer terribly every month and have to drag themselves to work even though they can barely think straight. There are often deeper illnesses or complaints behind this that have not been sufficiently investigated thanks to gender medicine. It doesn't affect all women equally. But it's easy to close your eyes to it. It is good that life is at least made a little easier for these affected women.

If, as an employer, it depends on these 1-2 days a month when nothing works, then I have simply planned my resources poorly. Other people go out for a smoke every 15 minutes, have 5 coffee breaks a day or spend half a morning talking about sport. I also have to take this loss of productivity into account. And here's the best part: if they do a great job the rest of the time thanks to a positive working atmosphere, it's not so bad.

Goalus

I mean this is fine but give out these days to all employees all genders, that’s fair.
Absolutely.
If my company offered free days only to people who menstruate, I'd be literally shaking at my desk because I wouldn't feel welcome and respected anymore, to the point that I'd need a few days off myself to decompress.

Last edited:

Tams

Unfortunately, there are far too many people here who seem to think this is absurd. But fortunately there are also enough who recognise the problem. It shows the educational gap for some people. There are plenty of women who suffer terribly every month and have to drag themselves to work even though they can barely think straight. There are often deeper illnesses or complaints behind this that have not been sufficiently investigated thanks to gender medicine. It doesn't affect all women equally. But it's easy to close your eyes to it. It is good that life is at least made a little easier for these affected women.

If, as an employer, it depends on these 1-2 days a month when nothing works, then I have simply planned my resources poorly. Other people go out for a smoke every 15 minutes, have 5 coffee breaks a day or spend half a morning talking about sport. I also have to take this loss of productivity into account. And here's the best part: if they do a great job the rest of the time thanks to a positive working atmosphere, it's not so bad.

The point is (and in some areas already is) that this should all be included in sick leave, that everyone gets. Otherwise it is just plain unfair and possibly leads to stigmatism (not sure most women want their period happening being widely known).

Audiophile

I can just imagine it now, crusty old Gerald, the General Manager, getting off on his detailed excel chart of his female employees' menstrual cycle.

Top Bottom