• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoibie

This is both the best and the worst thread to browse around Christmas time. I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY LEFT, but oooh, Sleeping Dogs just dipped below £15.

Only problem with this thread is that sometimes the deals are too good, ordered Tales of the Abyss the other day completely forgetting that i mentioned it to my family when they were asking me for any xmas ideas.

Might end up with 2 copies as a result, will find out soon i guess lol

Zomba13

Reposting from last thread:

I know not really the right thread for this but anyone know the best place to import the NA version of Virtues Last Reward on vita? Don't want the EU versions because of the lack of English dub.

Zoibie

Reposting from last thread:

I know not really the right thread for this but anyone know the best place to import the NA version of Virtues Last Reward on vita? Don't want the EU versions because of the lack of English dub.

Amazon US ship internationally. I ordered the 999 reprint from them a while back and received it within 2 weeks completely hassle free.

Dambrosi

Banned
Amazon US ship internationally. I ordered the 999 reprint from them a while back and received it within 2 weeks completely hassle free.
I did not know this. Henceforth, I will be taking full advantage of their services.

Oh yeah, subscribed.

Danj

So I got my 3DS XL yesterday and I'm interested in getting into the Professor Layton games. Where do I start, and should I just buy the first one or buy all of them now?

All the places I checked seemed to have different combinations listed/available, seems like if I wanted them all I'd need to order from about 3 or 4 different places, is there anywhere in the UK that has all the Layton games?

thechemist

I am suprised with AC3, these games ususally drop to £25 within a month of release, also there hasn't been a cheap Fifa deal as well. : (

stalker

So I got my 3DS XL yesterday and I'm interested in getting into the Professor Layton games. Where do I start, and should I just buy the first one or buy all of them now?

All the places I checked seemed to have different combinations listed/available, seems like if I wanted them all I'd need to order from about 3 or 4 different places, is there anywhere in the UK that has all the Layton games?

I recommend starting with the first one on the DS, Misterious Village.
As for when buying them all, well, what we do in this thread is we buy games when they are are cheap!

Now your best bet is getting Layton 2 and Layton 3 for under 15 pounds each.

You'll get an email from Nintendo after registering your 3DS, allowing you to pick a free game (from eShop), one of which is a Layton game (not sure which one). However, you won't be able to download it until January, I believe.

So you could always start with that one.

Danj

You'll get an email from Nintendo after registering your 3DS, allowing you to pick a free game (from eShop), one of which is a Layton game (not sure which one). However, you won't be able to download it until January, I believe.

So you could always start with that one.

I already did that part, but like you said, it isn't available till January, I was hoping to get something before then.

tsab

I already did that part, but like you said, it isn't available till January, I was hoping to get something before then.
if you intent to play the 3ds one in january at least play the forth one because it's in the same storyline. Prequels of episodes of 1-2-3. Just like the starwars episodes I guess

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Love these threads. Anyone know a good place to get Nier for cheapish? I saw it for £7 at Tesco recently but I don't think they ship to Ireland so that's no good to me.
Use Parcel Motel if you want to get UK only delivery to Ireland.
It'll cost you €3.50 a delivery; send game to their depot in N.Ireland and they will forward it down to you in Ireland. Really good service.

Cuddler

The unnameable Shop has:
Porfessor Layton and the Pandora box - 13.85£
Professor Layton and the the lost future - 14.86£
Professor Layton and the curious village - 24.85£ on backorder
Professor Layton and the spectre's call - 24.85£ on backorder

Base has all of them:
http://www.base.com/search.aspx?search=layton&type=CAT100241

Yasir

Been searching for a cheap walking dead steam download for a week now, and seems like I've missed out on Amazon (USA) £7.70 deal. ARGHHH!!! -_-

also

Banned
I believe the last spectre is the first part.

No.
1st trilogy:
1: Professor Layton and the Curious Village
2: Professor Layton and Pandora's Box
3: Professor Layton and the the Lost Future

2nd trilogy (takes place before the original one)
4: Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call
5: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
6: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (3DS, to be released in JAP in 2013)

You should order Lost Future and Pandora's Box since they are cheap and be on the lookout for deals on the other ones. They may spoil a bit of Curious Village but not that much.
http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk/search...fessor+layton&platform=&submit.x=0&submit.y=0

Yazuka

I just gotta ask, what's all this about the unnameable shop? I know which site it is, but has it been banned now so you can't even say its name? Or is it just something people are saying?

Stubo

I just gotta ask, what's all this about the unnameable shop? I know which site it is, but has it been banned now so you can't even say its name? Or is it just something people are saying?
You can't link to it without the link being broken, the name is replaced by stars, thus the unnameable.

It is to do with their credit card service provider leaking card details some time ago, but generally I think everyone feels safe shopping there now (especially since they started allowing paypal payments)

Yasawas

2nd trilogy (takes place before the original one)
4: Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call
5: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
6: Professor Layton and the Azran Legacies (3DS, to be released in JAP in 2013)

Bollocks. I thought they were all self-contained and started the series with Miracle Mask yesterday, are the plots engaging enough that I'm likely to regret this or be missing much from not playing Spectre's Call?

Yazuka

You can't link to it without the link being broken, the name is replaced by stars, thus the unnameable.

It is to do with their credit card service provider leaking card details some time ago, but generally I think everyone feels safe shopping there now (especially since they started allowing paypal payments)

Yeah, I knew it was banned when you linked to the site. And its beacause of the whole credit card deal. But since I've seen a whole few just posting it as the unnameable site instead of ShopTo. I just wondered if they banned people from saying the name, which isn't the case then I take. Sorry for posting this here, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything important.
They are great, I've been a regular shopper from then since two years back and I'm very pleased with them.
Thanks again, and sorry for posting this here.

also

Banned
Bollocks. I thought they were all self-contained and started the series with Miracle Mask yesterday, are the plots engaging enough that I'm likely to regret this or be missing much from not playing Spectre's Call?
You should ask this in the game's OT.
I have only played the first 3 and their stories were pretty much self-contained. There are some connections, especially between the 1st and 2nd, but nothing that would really impact your enjoyment if you played them out of order. I imagine the same is true for the 2nd trilogy, but I can't be sure until I play it.

Yeah, I knew it was banned when you linked to the site. And its beacause of the whole credit card deal. But since I've seen a whole few just posting it as the unnameable site instead of ShopTo. I just wondered if they banned people from saying the name, which isn't the case then I take. Sorry for posting this here, just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything important.
They are great, I've been a regular shopper from then since two years back and I'm very pleased with them.
Thanks again, and sorry for posting this here.
Their site is shit and broken, I tried 5 times to order a game from them but to no avail.

King_Moc

Banned
Anyone else had an issue with their points on ShopTo? last couple of orders i've done it's added my points to the order automatically and also given me the option to add them manually, resulting in double points.

Agarest Generations of War 2 Deluxe Edition (PS3) is now £19.85 at Ye Ol' Shoppe To.

Agarest: Generations Of War 2 Deluxe Collector's Edition Includes:
Agarest Generations of War 2 Messenger Bag
Agarest Generations of War 2 Baseball Cap
Massive 52 page hardback art book
6 highly collectable art cards
A3 poster featuring box art
PS3 Blu-ray and box with double sided inlay
All housed in a special collectors slip case

Unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfMxhGLTETo

I would order myself but they don't ship this edition abroad... (doesn't say so on the site itself, but I asked through their contact centre).

My sister's fiance recently got a PS3 and doesn't really have any games for it so I was going to get some for his christmas present. Fifa 13 was top of the list, so anyone know of any good deals on it? And any other good deals on must-have PS3 games would be nice too :) Was thinking Uncharted 3, and maybe a good racing game but I'm totally open to suggestions :)

Calmine

If not posted. Shopto has God of War 3, Infamous 2, Heavy Rain and Uncharted 1 for £7.85 each. Not bad for God war and Uncharted.

OniShiro

Banned
My sister's fiance recently got a PS3 and doesn't really have any games for it so I was going to get some for his christmas present. Fifa 13 was top of the list, so anyone know of any good deals on it? And any other good deals on must-have PS3 games would be nice too :) Was thinking Uncharted 3, and maybe a good racing game but I'm totally open to suggestions :)
Why not gift him a psn plus year card? That way he'll have games each month

Aretak

Agarest Generations of War 2 Deluxe Edition (PS3) is now £19.85 at Ye Ol' Shoppe To.
Welp, there's my first purchase of the new thread. Can't resist such a lavish set for under £20, especially when the lesser edition is still £30 everywhere. Thanks!

It also occurs to me that I still have the CE of the first one that I bought in 2009... and have never even opened.

Dv8as.gif

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Any deals on the Tales of Graces f Day One Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom