• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love shopto but for them to threaten evilore? lol

Honestly I think they are still banned here because of that, does this thread really help sales that much for them?

I love shopto but for them to threaten evilore? lol

Honestly I think they are still banned here because of that, does this thread really help sales that much for them?
They probably have reps who posted here! They had people on Hotukdeals, I mean Amazon had a guy posting here.

I've been a customer with them for quite a while now, and never had any complaints - great prices and great delivery times.

I once ordered Dark Souls to my University term time address by accident, but it had already 'dispatched' before I had the chance to cancel. Ended up phoning up the office and a customer service rep offered to send a note down to the warehouse and find out if he could stop it - he couldn't unfortunately, but I appreciated the effort.

I think their prices have raised a bit recently though?

They can have all the great prices and delivery times they want but not warning their costumers about the CC leak is inexcusable.

VGP never got banned afaik and they also didn´t really bother informing their customers properly after tossing their data out on the street. (Not that I want ShopTo unbanned or anything.)

So that´s probably not the only reason ShopTo remains banned. Also, if you really want to go and buy something off them, you just go there and do it, right? So that ban isn´t really the end of the world if you want their business.

jimi_dini

Shouldn't Sony websites be banned as well?

Did Sony inform customers? Yes, I think they did.

I ordered from shopto years ago. Then I had the first credit card fraud in my whole life (2009 something). Was around the time of the shopto hack. They never told me anything. And it seems even when asked by customers, that had only used their brand new creditcard (which got hacked) at shopto, they denied everything. Banned for credit card hack? No. Banned for not informing customers? yes. Banned for lying to their customers? yes.

I was not even informed later. I was not informed AT ALL. I read about this years ago. In my case someone used my creditcard for online poker. Took 100EUR or something like that. I was quite sick at that time and it was luck that I even found out, because the online poker wasn't obvious.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
VGP never got banned afaik and they also didn´t really bother informing their customers properly after tossing their data out on the street.

Stopped using them after that. Who's a good site for importing now? I should probably get round to playing 999 since GAF loves it so much. The emergency services would also be grateful as it would mean I'd stop dialling them up. And people said mobile phones were a perfect substitute.

also

Banned
VGP never got banned afaik and they also didn´t really bother informing their customers properly after tossing their data out on the street. (Not that I want ShopTo unbanned or anything.)

So that´s probably not the only reason ShopTo remains banned. Also, if you really want to go and buy something off them, you just go there and do it, right? So that ban isn´t really the end of the world if you want their business.

VGP at least sent an email recommending to change your password and they never lost CC numbers. Could and should they have been faster and more informative? Yes. Did they try to sweep the whole thing under the rug after being called out? No.

also

Banned
VGP sent an email to some of their customers, yeah, not all. Still really sloppy CS.
Never got an e-mail from them.
That's bad. I got the email and never even bought anything from them up to that point, so I assumed everyone else did too. I'll think twice the next time I want to order something from them.

Stopped using them after that. Who's a good site for importing now? I should probably get round to playing 999 since GAF loves it so much. The emergency services would also be grateful as it would mean I'd stop dialling them up. And people said mobile phones were a perfect substitute.

I think the cheapest to import right now is Play Asia. Or you could try ebay.

OMG Aero

Regardless of the reasons I think banning ShopTo is pointless anyway.
People still post deals from there so all a ban does it make a little more inconvenient because you have to type it in your address bar instead of just clicking a link.

ektoll

I stopped buying (and playing) games because of too much work but Zavvi still sends me 10% reduction codes... So if someone needs one, it's in this post.

<---- enjoy!

am I in the wrong place? I thought this was the bargains thread?

in keeping the thread on track, any good deals about on far cry 3? I'll take £10 off rrp, I just want it before christmas.

am I in the wrong place? I thought this was the bargains thread?

in keeping the thread on track, any good deals about on far cry 3? I'll take £10 off rrp, I just want it before christmas.

Find-games says your cheapest options are:

360 / PS3 / PC

Second cheapest for 360/PS3 are supposedly base.com/dvd.co.uk.

Also: quoting the excellently written OP (you might want to read it)

Find-Games
Pro: A searchable database of the current prices of games in many of the big UK online store
Con: No updating list. Best used if you NEED a game RIGHT NOW, and just want to check the current best price

thanks. I did check the opening post and that site, I was hoping someone might have caught wind of a newly added deal or something.

oh well, the waiting continues.

meppi

Didn't they wait for ages to actually confirm the possibility of CC detal theft though?

Yes they did. Not to mention blatantly lying about the reasons why the whole system was taken offline as well as not even saying it was they that took it offline themselves after the system was hacked.
Really shitty thing of them to do.
Never got any compensation for it personally since I already purchased all the games they offered for free before the debacle. Top service and a real kick in the nuts to the most loyal customers. Not that this label applies to me anymore.

Yes they did. Not to mention blatantly lying about the reasons why the whole system was taken offline as well as not even saying it was they that took it offline themselves after the system was hacked.
Never got any compensation for it personally since I already purchased all the games they offered for free before the debacle. Top service and a real kick in the nuts to the most loyal customers. Not that this label applies to me anymore.

So that's why you never used your PS3. I deleted you off my friends list because you used it so little :D

It took about a week after Steam and battle.net got hacked for Valve or Blizzard to notify people too. And I believe they were in the same position as far as credit cards were concerned- no evidence that it was compromised but couldn't completely rule out the possibility.

Tizoc

Anyone know where to get 3DS games for cheap in UK? Or if there'll be a sale on them soon? FYI my brother has our 3DS atm, and he's a moron when it comes to game titles, bet the guy doesn't even know that OoT is among the best games of all time.
Games I'm interested in include:

Ace Combat AH
Dr. Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Kid Icarus Uprising
Legend of Zelda: OoT
R. Thief
Shinobi
Star Fox 3D
Tales of the Abyss

Anyone know where to get 3DS games for cheap in UK? Or if there'll be a sale on them soon? FYI my brother has our 3DS atm, and he's a moron when it comes to game titles, bet the guy doesn't even know that OoT is among the best games of all time.
Ace Combat AH
Kid Icarus Uprising
R. Thief
Shinobi
Star Fox 3D
Tales of the Abyss

Tales went down to £15 last week at Zavvi, but i doubt anyone will see that price point again any time soon.

You should find Star Fox, Ace Combat and Shinobi fairly cheap on various websites. The others you're lucky if you find it at around the £20 mark new.

Tizoc

Tales went down to £15 last week at Zavvi, but i doubt anyone will see that price point again any time soon.

You should find Star Fox, Ace Combat and Shinobi fairly cheap on various websites. The others you're lucky if you find it at around the £20 mark new.

Thanks mate, I'll give my brother a heads up about these must have 3DS titles and well check out Zavvi and GAME as well.

Zomba13

I think this is the last time asking for help finding cheap stuff for my Vita.
Got the console and AC liberation sorted, got VLR sorted and now I just need the best place for PS+ and a nice big memory card.
Best I've seen for a year of plus has been £35ish from an amazon marketplace seller and don't really know where to get a decent priced 32GB card. Why can't it just use SD cards like the 3DS? Or hell, Memory stick duo's like the PSP.

Ace Combat AH
Dr. Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Kid Icarus Uprising
R. Thief
Shinobi
Star Fox 3D
Tales of the Abyss

Lautrec: http://www.zavvi.com/games-3ds/dr.-lautrec-and-the-forgotten-knights/10344165.html

Paper Mario has been twice 25 pounds on Amazon in the last two weeks. If you´re lucky it might get back there.

flowsnake

Is it me or can you only get Nintendo eShop cards at places that wouldn't generally discount them like GAME? :( I miss the times I bought PSN money for less than the equivalent real money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom