• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| We Need To Go Cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azuardo

Welp, there's my first purchase of the new thread. Can't resist such a lavish set for under £20, especially when the lesser edition is still £30 everywhere. Thanks!

It also occurs to me that I still have the CE of the first one that I bought in 2009... and have never even opened.

Dv8as.gif

Just fyi, Agarest 2 is €16.99/£12.99 until the 9th January on the PS Store. But yes, just £7 extra for the CE is a good buy.

Hixx

Btw speaking of the Sleeping Dogs deal, seems Simplygames are selling a lot of digital games for cheap.

XCOM is £12.99, Black Ops 2 £27.99, Hitman Absolution £17.99, FIFA 13 £14.99, Mists of Pandaria £9.99.

King_Moc

Banned
It's fantastic.

its an AWESOME game one the best of 2012.
Sure its not perfect but very cool open world action game.

fantastic

You really, really cannot go wrong for £8. It's just so fun.

Really tempted to get the PC version, played it on 360 but it's supposed to be a very good port...

its ace, and a total steal at that price.

Just looking at the OP, and a site which is helpful to me and i use a lot is postabargain.co.uk

Might be useful to other folks.

Cheers, have ordered it. Probably won't play it until i finish with my Wii U launch haul though.

great game but for the love of god get a pc gamepad

Yeah, i use a 360 pad. Driving with keys is awful.

Their site is shit and broken, I tried 5 times to order a game from them but to no avail.
Had a feeling when I saw the new design with its fancy java doohickeys or whatever...and sure enough, I can't actually buy anything. When I go to checkout there's no "proceed" button.

"Please ensure the settings above are set."
It says. And has two drop down menus above it. One with nothing in it and another that makes a thing that says "Loading" poke its head in for a lil whiff.

What the hell? They have comic sans on the "Contact Us" page! I used to think Shop2 was alright.
Also they have no email support? edit has to be accessed through your account.

.nimrod

Btw speaking of the Sleeping Dogs deal, seems Simplygames are selling a lot of digital games for cheap.

XCOM is £12.99, Black Ops 2 £27.99, Hitman Absolution £17.99, FIFA 13 £14.99, Mists of Pandaria £9.99.

They're not an official steam reseller, are they?
If not, does anybody know if those are retail keys? I got burned once with Dead Island, which got removed from my account since i apparently bought it from an unofficial reseller.

Scavenger

They're not an official steam reseller, are they?
If not, does anybody know if those are retail keys? I got burned once with Dead Island, which got removed from my account since i apparently bought it from an unofficial reseller.
They are kinda suspicious IMO. They've got CS:GO keys from the retail release which is only being sold in developing countries and only shady region exploiting cd key sites seem to sell those keys online.

.nimrod

They are kinda suspicious IMO. They've got CS:GO keys from the retail release which is only being sold in developing countries and only shady region exploiting cd key sites seem to sell those keys online.

Thanks for the info, i'll hold off on sleepy dogs then until the christmas sale next week.

iNvid02

they are a legit UK retailer for boxed copies, but they only recently started offering keys for PC games.

someone should shoot em an email and ask who supplies them

Scavenger

I see Gamestop.com is selling CS:GO keys. Maybe they're legit after all, but I still have my doubts.

EDIT: I send a message to them, or I think I did that because I didn't get a confirmation.

Vastag

Apart from BOII, are any of those keys activable on steam?

So what experience does people have with the banned site? It is my understanding that it's banned because they leaked credit card details, but since they use Paypal now that shouldn't be an issue, right? Delivery to mainland Europe seem to cost quite a lot but some games are still pretty cheap. Any Europeans have any experience? Any lost parcels? Long delivery times? Seems like you can't buy that Agarest Generations of War 2 Deluxe Edition if you live in Europe -- what's that about? Maybe it's too big for them to send it.

Shop 3 ;)

They are excellent ive never had a single problem with them. Any ban should be removed in my opinion.. great site, Very fast for UK delivery too!

Dambrosi

Banned
Shop 3 ;)

They are excellent ive never had a single problem with them. Any ban should be removed in my opinion.. great site, Very fast for UK delivery too!
I concur, Shop2 are really awesome. Just ordered Child Of Eden on PS3 for £3.85 from them. It's time for the ban to be lifted.

Azuardo

I concur, Shop2 are really awesome. Just ordered Child Of Eden on PS3 for £3.85 from them. It's time for the ban to be lifted.

£3.85?? Bought! Thank you!

And I agree - never had nothing but good service from Sh2. Highly recommended for getting pre-ordered games before release.

kharma45

So what experience does people have with the banned site? It is my understanding that it's banned because they leaked credit card details, but since they use Paypal now that shouldn't be an issue, right? Delivery to mainland Europe seem to cost quite a lot but some games are still pretty cheap. Any Europeans have any experience? Any lost parcels? Long delivery times? Seems like you can't buy that Agarest Generations of War 2 Deluxe Edition if you live in Europe -- what's that about? Maybe it's too big for them to send it.

Reading back to the GAF thread it confirms what I remembered, ShopTo were unfairly blamed http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359199&page=2

Strange that they're still banned.

On a side note I've had some trouble with them not accepting my MasterCard or Visa on their site, kept getting some weird error which they blamed on my cards, yet I find it strange they're the only place I've ever had bother with.

At least you can use PayPal for most stuff.

The rejection of cards is USUALLY when they are out of stock etc...ive had the same problem, rang them and got told it was because item was OOS, it didnt say it on site but that was the case!

Larsen B

Only company I've ever had trouble with is ShopTo.

From charging me more for a game than I was invoiced for to "losing" my cancellation request. Their bad attitude on Twitter just compounds it.

They're my Zavvi.

meppi

Reading back to the GAF thread it confirms what I remembered, ShopTo were unfairly blamed http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359199&page=2

Not really, as I was one of the people who got a call from my bank stating that they closed my Visa account due to a security breach at the same time all this went down.

Although I have to say I don't hold any grudges though and agree that the shop should have had the ban lifted on here a long time ago.
Never had a problem with them since and they, along with Amazon are my favourite online shop to buy games from.
Sadly, mods/admins don't give a damn about unbanning them it seems.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
They and another online (I think clothing) retailer used the same middleware for their bank transaction and those were the one (two) common online retailer on a german forum I used at the time with over 800 replies.
They weren't unfairly banned at all.

I'm with meppi however that they can be unbanned. And I had to do a lot of shit to get my money back, because they didn't close it due to suspicion as they are doing now. (Recently I've had two false positives.)

Joe211

They and another online (I think clothing) retailer used the same middleware for their bank transaction and those were the one (two) common online retailer on a german forum I used at the time with over 800 replies.
They weren't unfairly banned at all.

I'm with meppi however that they can be unbanned. And I had to do a lot of shit to get my money back, because they didn't close it due to suspicion as they are doing now. (Recently I've had two false positives.)

I don't want to see that site unbanned I didn't order from them since that story cause they didn't take any responsility on this.
This is so unprofessionnal that I can understand why the mods keep them banned.

jimi_dini

Sonic All Stars Racing (Limited) (PS3) - 18pounds
Sonic All Stars Racing (Limited) (360) - 18pounds
Worms Collection (PS3) - 13pounds
Street Fighter X Tekken (PS3) - 13pounds
Street Fighter X Tekken (360) - 13pounds
Ninja Gaiden 3 (PS3) - 15pounds
Ninja Gaiden 3 (360) - 15pounds

@ zavvi

And the 2 bombs (Resident and Absolution) for 20pounds each (were that for a bit already, so not worth linking) - I hoped for 15pounds :/

pay via paypal to get a chance to win 5000pounds (only one chance per customer account)

Aru

S&AS Racing Transformed bomba ?
Dropping below 20£ less than 2 months after release.

I'll bite for 15£ or less.

also

Banned
Someone also mentioned that the owner of ShopTo threatened to sue EviLore if he didn't remove the ban, but I never saw the original post. I don't think they will ever be unbanned and they really shouldn't. They can have all the great prices and delivery times they want but not warning their costumers about the CC leak is inexcusable.

Woooow fuck ShopTo. What scumbags. I think there are always going to be apologists for them in this thread because "it never affected me". Some people would buy those Assassin's Creed 3 discs that the mafia stole if they could get it for less than Amazon.

edit. Also wish you could pick up Spec Ops: the line without Bioshock. Been interested in playing that recently.

Someone also mentioned that the owner of ShopTo threatened to sue EviLore if he didn't remove the ban, but I never saw the original post. I don't think they will ever be unbanned and they really shouldn't. They can have all the great prices and delivery times they want but not warning their costumers about the CC leak is inexcusable.

What, really? Can you link to that?

S&AS Racing Transformed bomba ?
Dropping below 20£ less than 2 months after release.

I'll bite for 15£ or less.

Not really a bomba when it launched at 25 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom