• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chinese Foxconn sketch artists returns with the NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

marmoka

Banned
I don't know if I want to believe it or not.

I don't even know if I like it or not.

God damm it Ninty!! Reveal it now!!

Eiolon

So basically this is a Wii U but more powerful and you can use it anywhere. Not sure how it can be marketed since it is so similar. I don't like putting all its eggs in the same basket.

Perhaps they will sell it as a handheld first and then as a console second by making the dock an accessory.

It's really "four" though.

1: Play on portable
2: Play on portable with power box somewhere near
3: Play on TV
4: Play on TV with power box somewhere near

In effect it's only two different configurations, but the graphics are decided by if you have the power box nearby or not.

Kind of, yeah. And this is also assuming you can take the sides off the mobile screen, too. Making for even more modularity.

This diagram/leak is essentially saying NX is an a la carte experience, where you connect or detach elements that suit how you like to play, but ultimately all games on a unified console (but maybe not really if you can only play Nintendo cell phone games without performance module)

edit: whoops! we're moving fast here. Looks like it might be fool's gold. Haha.

Aters

Well, as a Chinese, I found some one in that a9vg thread just points out this image is from somebody's yy(imagination) in tieba.baidu.com(another chinese form like reddit)

I found the original post. The description is the same but no pucture. However there is another post with that picture and the two descriptions are basically the same.

jett

D-Member
This sounds like a mess, and they still haven't chosen between Nvidia and AMD? I don't believe this news.

L Thammy

I can't wait until the NX is revealed so that we can compile a thread and look at all the dumb BS we believed was real.

Where's the projector in this, BTW?

The projector is inside us. We project our feelings toward Nintendo into our assessment of the NX.

Caffeine

good if its fake, its a terrible concept that would confuse consumers to no end. they literally just need a handheld and a dock.

Wait guys, but what if it is real?!?!?

Gs33UUE.png

Lilo_D

Again, I can't confirm it's fake, but it's from a newly created(lv 1) account
It feels like someone just create an account in order to post this rumor
Believe it or not, really depends on yourself : )

ggx2ac

Guys...really?

I know everyone is eager for the reveal, but you don't have to believe everything that comes along.

This is good. I just woke up and only read the OP.

It sounded too suspicious reading the details that were being mentioned compared to the PS4 Pro and Slim leak.

Scum

Might as well be on GAF, innit.
MouHuh.png

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
So it was fake? Lol, some people really enjoy playing with our emotions.

Even if the image is a previous mock-up, this is incredibly plausible.

Well, except the "performance module." Not buying that it has wizard jizz. The dock will upscale from 720p.

Roo

I see two USB ports and an Ethernet one in that sketch.

YAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously, can't wait for this thing to be revealed. Hope Nintendo delivers.

Edit: oh.. probably fake then lol

Matt posted and he has inside info. He confirmed it fake anyways lol.

good if its fake, its a terrible concept that would confuse consumers to no end. they literally just need a handheld and a dock.

Which this was? It's literally a handheld with a dock that connects to the tv.

Add the power box for better graphics if you want. This wouldn't have been a terribly difficult thing to understand.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Nice. Fake confirmed. Looked very contrary to Nintendo's "easy of play" paradigm.

maxcriden

I found the original post. The description is the same but no pucture. However there is another post with that picture and the two descriptions are basically the same.

Also under the imagination or speculation section? Thanks!

Hearty thanks to those who debunked this.

It wasn't entirely clear to me which parts were streaming to where and when. It seems un-Nintendo-like to require WiFi streaming for on the go HH play so when KingBroly pointed out the seeming lack of cart slot in the HH that seemed especially bizarre as an aspect of the HH. Also Plinko, I really like the SCD idea but I have to concur with KingSnake and others that the ides of taking it wherever you go is a very difficult one to market. It's also just a confusing concept with too many moving parts, different modes, and use of streaming for play IMO. Hopefully if this is similar to reality, reality has excellent messaging in its marketing.

maxcriden

Thanks. you said it was in a speculation or imagination section though, right? Which seems less likely to be a place for a leak? Aters mentioned in their post the post was in a couple different places in different parts.

Plum

Nice. Fake confirmed. Looked very contrary to Nintendo's "easy of play" paradigm.

Yeah. If the NX is a hybrid (which is incredibly likely) Nintendo will have put a lot of time and effort into making it into something that can be easily understood. They're not complete clueless idiots like some people want them to be, they know what went wrong with the Wii U and I doubt Iwata and now Kimishima would have made the same mistakes again during the conceptual phases.

Retrobox

I really liked the part where everyone stayed calm and didn't just go with the flow, using rational considerations why Nintendo might or might not release a device like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom